What Movie Are You Watching?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was something new brought to the table or the same old story with new curtains?
I’ll say yes, because it’s a younger Batman who’s character is barely discernible from Bruce Wayne. I’m assuming he didn’t see the need yet to put on a fake personality as Wayne.

But, I’ve a feeling we’ll disagree.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’ll say yes, because it’s a younger Batman who’s character is barely discernible from Bruce Wayne. I’m assuming he didn’t see the need yet to put on a fake personality as Wayne.

Have you read the “Batman: Year One” comic mini series? If so, did you think it was based on that?I read it many years ago, and might even have them around somewhere still…

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

It's certainly a new take for the character on film. Batman has been in comics for over 80 years, and while there's been a number of different spins (not including Elseworld type alternate universes ...) there's some basic Batman-isms that are always going to be present. If you're watching a new Batman movie hoping it will be revealed he's an alien from the 8th dimension, you're probably going to be disappointed :D

Have you read the “Batman: Year One” comic mini series? If so, did you think it was based on that?I read it many years ago, and might even have them around somewhere still…

Oh definitely, and if you like Batman / comics, that's almost required reading (along with The Dark Knight, The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween, A Death in the Family, Hush, Batman: Year 2 ...)

The movie takes place in "Year 2" (like it's literally spelled out right on screen), but the vibe is way more the Year 1 comic.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I read that many years ago also, and it was my assumption, but it’s safe to say I haven’t read the majority of his comic book stories so not certain. I don’t remember his Bruce Wayne in the comic not giving a shit about appearances.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Now why would you say that… just because Spiderman SUCKS!! 😁

Shows what I know, I thought Bruce Wayne was the real person. :)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Tonight going to watch Charlie Wilson's War, started it once but forgot to return to it promptly, and its exhibition window meanwhile closed on whatever platform I was subscribing to at that time. Anyway tonight I'm watching it before a promo sub winds up.

Then during May I know I'm going to check out some of these on Film Movement's platform. I tend to like Iranian film offerings, so likely to find one among those named below that will appeal to me.

iranian films upcoming.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ant Man (2015)- Creative Marvel entrée, unique concept, entertaining, the small perspective is well done, visually exciting, satisfying story and outstanding cast. :D

76B28A11-7AB2-41CC-B790-41710A95E591.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
295CA010-5F74-4F0D-B1B9-88AC13151386.jpeg

Ant Man 2 (2018)- Worthy sequel, for Avenger reference, ends with The Blip, which is interesting that this world shaping event is going on Africa and it’s completely off the radar in North America. ;) Ant Man 3? Feb 2023.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Bought my tickets for Top Gun: Maverick today.

At the AMC Imax at Easton in Columbus. Yes, I am going to drive 2.5 hours to see a movie. :)

Can't wait. I will be our first movie in a theater since The Rise of Skywalker on Christmas Day, 2019.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy smokes, IMAX will be epic.

Plus this:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022), Disney+. Probably more for nostalgic old farts rather than for actual kids — “It's not a reboot. It's a comeback.”

Lots of nostalgia, cameos, references and easter eggs. While the reviews I’ve seen have been … slightly skeptical, I on the other hand enjoyed watching the movie. Sure, things like the voice acting initially freaked me out too but I think it worked well in the context of the movie, wouldn’t want to change it.

Watching it in the middle of the night might have helped. Sometimes you gotta let the brain rest and just enjoy the show!

Top Bottom
1 2