Wherein I Regale You With My 3Dness.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Here's a little project I'm working on to get my learn on. I'll post updates on it as I go farther along.

LabScene.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wow dude, this is impressive. Looks professional all the way, something you do for a living?

Renzatic

Reaction score
Is it a CAD of some sort?

It's Blender.

Without getting into the nitty gritty details, there are two types of 3D applications. Stuff like Maya, Max, and Blender, which are geared more towards 3D art, movies, games, and whatnot, and CAD applications, which are all about drafting schematics with exacting specifications.

Blender's free, and I only fairly recently started using it over Modo, since it suddenly, seemingly out of the blue, went from kinda crappy to really awesome. Where most of my money goes is towards Substance Painter and Designer, which cost $150 each, and are about texture creation. Plus, I use the Affinity Suite for touch up and further texture work. They're not too bad. About $50 each.

I like it! It’s like I expect to see some characters walk into that room. 👍🏼

Characters are coming later. I can do them, but I'm not great at them yet.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nope. It's that expensive hobby I was talking about earlier.

Did you know I had a (side) company with a previous partner? AR/VR, we did some work for G*****, and M**** L***, worked with MetaVision, had our own product where we created interactive scene replays of famous movies, met with Trigger Street, some Marvel folks.

I build the core code foundation, did some work in CV (computer vision), built SDKs, dealt with a lot of assets generated from Blender, etc., worked with Unity and Unreal 3D engines.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I have a story about that gig, I spent about a year in Cali (the Valley, SF proper), it involved walking around with, *cough*, cash, lots and lots of cash, hahahaha, it can only be told in person, over many beers/drinks ...

Renzatic

Reaction score
I have a story about that gig, I spent about a year in Cali (the Valley, SF proper), it involved walking around with, *cough*, cash, lots and lots of cash, hahahaha, it can only be told in person, over many beers/drinks ...

Then buy me a damn beer then!

Also, I'm surprised no one's commented on the old Commodore 64 in the shot above. Then again, you all are a bunch of Mac nerds, so...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

*middle finger emoticon I can't seem to locate at this moment*. You people don't realize there were indigenous people who lived here before it was a tech mecca. We didn't land on Silicon Valley! Silicon Valley landed on us!! Or some shit.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Right now, I'm making cardboard boxes. It's pretty rad. :p

If you run short of models I sure god have enough cardboard boxes out on my back decl that you can use as models, from all my deliveries of staple goods from walmart and amazon during the pandemic. OK well most of them are flattened, so only 2-D, I forgot about that.

Renzatic

Reaction score
If you run short of models I sure god have enough cardboard boxes out on my back decl that you can use as models, from all my deliveries of staple goods from walmart and amazon during the pandemic. OK well most of them are flattened, so only 2-D, I forgot about that.

I'll take 'em, but you have to pay for shipping.

Here are the boxes I've got, by the way. Yeah, it's not much. Just baby steps. I'm doing wall decorations now, posters and whatnot.

StylizedLab3.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2