Which will cause more protests, riots, fisticuffs, and other uncivilized behavior?

A greater number of people will lose their shit when

• Biden wins

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Trump wins

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Crazy Rich Asians 2: Electric Boogaloo gets released

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That's deep.

Well, if you like the label so be it. If I don't like the label, it's my right to call it bullshit. At any rate, it's a way of doing argumentation that I despise.
Call bullshit all you want, when nearly every post you make defends Trump and his policies it's the act of a supporter, no matter how fashionable you pretend to be about the label. I don't get what's so hard for you to admit about that?

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Call bullshit all you want, when nearly every post you make defends Trump and his policies it's the act of a supporter, no matter how fashionable you pretend to be about the label. I don't get what's so hard for you to admit about that?
did it ever occur to you that maybe you have not presented something he disagrees with? you guys are seriously anti trump no matter what he does.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
did it ever occur to you that maybe you have not presented something he disagrees with? you guys are seriously anti trump no matter what he does.
Right, because he acts like an authoritarian dictator and most of us disagree with nearly all his policies. See, not so hard to admit the truth.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score

I guess I'll stick to the "Everything Else" section and maybe some foreign policy post then. You already decided how I will think and answer, so no need for me to waste time.

PS: for the record, it's exactly this attitude that moved me from a 2008 Obama (mild) supporter to the more conservative side. When I started mentioning my mild position on immigration just to be called - in real life at an organized event - as an anti-immigrant xenophobe I started to realize that the DNC was going to be taken over by a certain extremist section. In 2012 I was still for Obama, but way more on the fence. Talking to other people, I am not the only one.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I guess I'll stick to the "Everything Else" section and maybe some foreign policy post then. You already decided how I will think and answer, so no need for me to waste time.
I'm saying if you call me an Obama supporter, you would be right and it's no so offensive to me. But I'm not trying to impede what you say, I'll dial that back I'm just a bit surprised at the reluctance is all.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I'm saying if you call me an Obama supporter, you would be right and it's no so offensive to me. But I'm not trying to impede what you say, I'll dial that back I'm just a bit surprised at the reluctance is all.

Of course it’s fine for you: you agree with it.

If I called you a “nazi supporter” or a “pol pot fanatic” or a “communist” or any other label you disagree with - and as a reply to an argument - you’d probably disagree and push back.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Of course it’s fine for you: you agree with it.

If I called you a “nazi supporter” or a “pol pot fanatic” or a “communist” or any other label you disagree with - and as a reply to an argument - you’d probably disagree and push back.
But those labels would be untrue as I've never sympathized with the burning of Jews, etc. I mean, is it not fair to say you support most of Trump's policies and actions?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If Trump wins a second term (because elections were rigged), I see no violence, but a lot of emigration.

I heard recently that the US is experiencing the highest rate of people leaving the country in its history and its not just because of Trump or Covid-19. It's because of everything. But I'm sure Trump thinks record numbers of people leaving makes a country great. Unfortunately, the people leaving are probably sane voters, I'm sure one of the top reasons they leave.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I heard recently that the US is experiencing the highest rate of people leaving the country in its history and its not just because of Trump or Covid-19. It's because of everything. But I'm sure Trump thinks record numbers of people leaving makes a country great. Unfortunately, the people leaving are probably sane voters, I'm sure one of the top reasons they leave.

Does the fact that I moved to the US make me twice insane??? 😆

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
But those labels would be untrue as I've never sympathized with the burning of Jews, etc. I mean, is it not fair to say you support most of Trump's policies and actions?

Well, I have been called a racist.

And there’s a difference with agreeing with many if not most of the policies and being a “supporter” or a fanboy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Maybe it will be Pence who wins or loses. Trump is losing his marbles at a good clip, seems to me lately. Fewer than 70 days to the election. Can The Don keep it together that long? Heh, some days must seem way longer than others to those still working for him and so even more at the mercy of his Twitter feed than most of the rest of us.

Anyway the main thing to think about with this thread's poll seems to me whether we're talking about actual real life reactions to the election results (whenever we finally know them).. or social media reaction by social media activists... and if the latter, then that would include highly polarized choices of what to post in the way of photos and videos.

Social media participants make way more noise than the rest of us, and so draw more traditional media attention as well. So it likely comes down to how many of left v right will be flooding social media platforms trying to make their point to regular media, whatever that point might be past "yay we won you lost".

Most ordinary people with or without social media accounts are likely just going to be relieved at being able to ignore regular ol' ads on TV for cosmetics or cars or prescription drugs instead of trying to dodge the barrage of political ads.

I didn't vote in this poll. What I figure though is that if Trump loses, the right will make more noise than the left will during the run-up to the inauguration of Biden.
As for riots, I don't know. It could depend somewhat on the margin of victory.

But if Trump starts making noise about not respecting the results, all bets are off since there are plenty of agenda artists on both left and right who are already out and about in 2020, and have been contaminating assorted legitimate public protests by provoking violence.

For some, it's not about taking a side as much as just ensuring that chaos shows up on TV screens. Not all of those agendas are necessarily American ones, and it's also possible that some are or have been state sponsored... American or otherwise. It's sad but the risk of protests turning violent by intent of unidentified individuals is part of a price we do pay for still having vibrant First Amendment rights.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Nah, democrats only started impeaching proceedings and yelled for three years that Trump won because of Russia. But you know, Trump.

I didn't register a vote in this poll; politics, like life, ought to be able to register and recognise nuance.

@yaxomoxay: You may recall that prior to the 2016 election, Mr Trump stated - or threatened - that he "might not" recognise the result as legitimate, or valid, and seemed to have suggested that he would mobilise his supporters to publicly register his dissatisfaction with the outcome.

At the time, I was appalled (and wrote about it on MR), not least that I had never - ever - witnessed any presidential candidate (in the US) ever (prior to then) who had threatened in advance not to recognise the result of the presidential election, and I was writing as someone vastly experienced in observing, monitoring, running and supervising elections.

I was also appalled at the lack of push back on that - threat, or statement, or announcement - from "regular" conservatives (for, to conserve is to preserve), for I viewed it at the time as a outrageous assault on the legitimacy of the actual electoral institutions of the US (and yes, they could do with reform, they are far from - ideal, let alone perfect - but that is a topic for another thread).

Now, the (somewhat unexpected) defeat of Secretary Clinton put paid to that discussion at that time, but, to threaten not to recognise the outcome is not a new tactic, and - just this action, or threat - is something I would welcome comments on, above all, from (thinking) conservatives.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I didn't register a vote in this poll; politics, like life, ought to be able to register and recognise nuance.

@yaxomoxay: You may recall that prior to the 2016 election, Mr Trump stated - or threatened - that he "might not" recognise the result as legitimate, or valid, and seemed to have suggested that he would mobilise his supporters to publicly register his dissatisfaction with the outcome.

At the time, I was appalled (and wrote about it on MR), not least that I had never - ever - witnessed any presidential candidate (in the US) ever (prior to then) who had threatened in advance not to recognise the result of the presidential election, and I was writing as someone vastly experienced in observing, monitoring, running and supervising elections.

I was also appalled at the lack of push back on that - threat, or statement, or announcement - from "regular" conservatives (for, to conserve is to preserve), for I viewed it at the time as a outrageous assault on the legitimacy of the actual electoral institutions of the US (and yes, they could do with reform, they are far from - ideal, let alone perfect - but that is a topic for another thread).

Now, the (somewhat unexpected) defeat of Secretary Clinton put paid to that discussion at that time, but, to threaten not to recognise the outcome is not a new tactic, and - just this action - is something I would welcome comments on, above al, from (thinking) conservatives.

Never said it’s a new tactic and never agreed with Trump on that in 2016 as I don’t agree with it now.

I am saying that in 2020 both parties positioned themselves (heck Mrs Abrams still thinks she was elected governor) and will likely blame USPS.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Never said it’s a new tactic and never agreed with Trump on that in 2016 as I don’t agree with it now.

I am saying that in 2020 both parties positioned themselves (heck Mrs Abrams still thinks she was elected governor) and will likely blame USPS.
But only one party knee capped the USPS, so how is it fair to say "dems will blame the USPS"?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Fine.

Okay, we are on the same page on this, then.

Excellent.

Absolutely. Whenever Trump makes a statement that indicates that he won’t recognize the results, it’s total unacceptable bullshit. Now, if he has any evidence of cheating, he can certainly indicate it to the authorities and he can (actually, should) make sure that inevitable issues are kept to a minimum.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
But only one party knee capped the USPS, so how is it fair to say "dems will blame the USPS"?

The same way you did in your post. If you think that USPS was manipulated to favor trump (in any way), you’re blaming USPS. Same goes for Republicans that say that USPS will not deliver ballots or bs like that.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The same way you did in your post. If you think that USPS was manipulated to favor trump (in any way), you’re blaming USPS. Same goes for Republicans that say that USPS will not deliver ballots or bs like that.
So Trump can knee cap them and Dems can get the blame. Convenient if nothing else.

Top Bottom
1 2