White House estimates 100 million new COVID-19 cases

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Here we go again...

Officials estimated that as many as 100 million Americans could become infected with COVID-19 during the fall or winter. Separately, health officials investigate cases of rare hepatitis in children.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Here we go again...

Officials estimated that as many as 100 million Americans could become infected with COVID-19 during the fall or winter. Separately, health officials investigate cases of rare hepatitis in children.
And half of those cases were contracted at the Correspondents Dinner.

The current mindset is that everyone will get COVID-19 anyway, so why bother with vaccination or any other measures? But it's not inevitable if one takes reasonable precautions, like wearing high-quality masks indoors. As I see it, the longer I can delay, the more vaccination and treatment options there'll be.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And half of those cases were contracted at the Corresponds Dinner.

The current mindset is that everyone will get COVID-19 anyway, so why bother with vaccination or any other measures? But it's not inevitable if one takes reasonable precautions, like wearing high-quality masks indoors. As I see it, the longer I can delay, the more vaccination and treatment options there'll be.
In the last few weeks it feels like I've been the only one wearing a mask in public places, to the point to where I stand out but I don't care, gotta look out for yourself. I think people have resigned to just getting it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the last few weeks it feels like I've been the only one wearing a mask in public places, to the point to where I stand out but I don't care, gotta look out for yourself. I think people have resigned to just getting it.

I still wear a mask when shopping, when dining and not eating, and when walking outdoors if there are crowds. I’ve stopped wearing it at work, though, since I’m rarely around other people. I am still seeing people wearing masks down here, but I’d say there are certainly a lot more maskless people around.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
When out and about I'd estimate 75% still wear masks in stores and malls. When outside in a downtown, maybe 50%. We still wear ours whenever there are people around (stores, downtown areas, post office, Costco, etc).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Usually the Bay Area is my safe zone, as the Sacramento suburbs are virtually all maskless now, but even there it's getting hit hard.

If you’re worried about COVID, it might be time to dig out that mask again.

California’s case rates have nearly tripled since late March, and in a newly emerging dynamic, the Bay Area’s rates are higher than the state’s.

“It’s the first time we’ve seen that,” said John Swartzberg, professor emeritus of infectious disease and vaccinology with UC Berkeley. “It’s always been the other way around.”

Case rates here are some of the worst in California right now, as new, highly contagious variants continue to spread. San Francisco’s case rate is more than double the state’s, with a 7-day average of more than 30 new daily cases per 100,000 residents, according to data updated Friday.

Top Bottom
1 2