White nationalists and counter-protesters clash violently in Kalamazoo

Evelyn

Reaction score
The name of the group always amuses me. They are proud of what? Being white? That's it - something over which they have no control? And of course that's why they are so angry! They know they have done nothing, accomplished nothing, created nothing. At heart they know they are nothing.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The name of the group always amuses me. They are proud of what? Being white? That's it - something over which they have no control? And of course that's why they are so angry! They know they have done nothing, accomplished nothing, created nothing. At heart they know they are nothing.

I’ve often had the same thought. I must get it from my mother. But I was thinking maybe they’re proud of being racist pricks?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I’ve often had the same thought. I must get it from my mother. But I was thinking maybe they’re proud of being racist pricks?

Sheer ignorance. They have more in common with the people they claim to loathe than they do with the fricken billionaires of the world. We're born striving to survive and with an expansively programmable brain meant to springboard synthesis of the next great thing off what got learned last week. But we keep getting stuck, don't we.

Evolution has driven every other species towards adaptability as the ongoing means to survival. Somewhere along the line when humans stumbled into capitalism, we made the possibly fatal error of figuring

Wow We're Here!! This Is Rich!!!

and so we didn't realize that unfettered capitalism threatens the species itself. All those cartoons about reverse evolution are not actually that funny any more if we think about it.

We're not really meant to end up just marching down a road with a flag yelling insults at fellow members of the same species. I mean my cat used to do that with the cat next door ffs. Lining up one on each side of a peony hedge hurling threats until one or the other lost it and lunged for the kill, usually managing only to mangle a few flower stalks and so earn an unwanted reward from the business end of garden hose applied by myself or the neighbor...

The problem is that as a species, we haven't yet acknowledged that forces other than human can settle the hash of the whole planet one of these days. So we march on with our flags, spending time that our next generations will one day curse us for using up if we are solely using it for hatred of each other.

Sometimes it can feel to me, as Bob Dylan wrote, that "it's not dark yet, but it's gettin' there."

And sometimes I feel like there's still time to choose to live a different way with each other. I'm running out of time with my generation but I sure hope the next ones have some better demos of how that can work out.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I believe the original intention and meaning of the group got hijacked. Originally it was a response to militant feminism, and while the group wasn’t against women, they favored more traditional gender roles in society, the most mundane example being they believed men should open the car door for a lady without it being seen as insultingly trampling on equality.

But here we are.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe the original intention and meaning of the group got hijacked. Originally it was a response to militant feminism, and while the group wasn’t against women, they favored more traditional gender roles in society, the most mundane example being they believed men should open the car door for a lady without it being seen as insultingly trampling on equality.

But here we are.

You have got to be kidding me.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I suppose what they call themselves is largely irrelevant. Look at the formal name of the KKK. Christians Knights. God is laughing.

At the risk of sounding “to be fair”, it could be like BLM becoming nothing but Antifa anarchists, which it just about is in Portland. Well, maybe not Antifa, but largely anti-authority anarchists.

PRO TIP: If you’re at a protest look around you. If there doesn’t seem to be any members of the group you claim to be championing present then it’s time to pack it up and go home before you get tied to an entirely different problem.

Top Bottom
1 2