Who is from where?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m curious, and most don’t put their location on the profile. I know we’ve got at least a couple of non-US folks. I live in coastal New Hampshire. Military brat and an ex-service member myself so I’ve lived in Maryland, Florida (twice), Hawaii, Missouri, Maine, Alaska (for a summer), California (twice), Washington, and finally here. Also, spent six months for the Navy in a few countries around the Indian Ocean. Not on a boat. Long story.

Not asking for resumes of residence like I just laid out. Just wondering where everyone is at currently.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Air Force brat. DC, England, Alabama, North Carolina, Wyoming, Taiwan, New York, Ohio, Texas, back to AL, back to NY, back to AL. Where do I call home? Take your pick.
What’s the draw to AL? A state I’m not personally familiar with.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Born in Pennsylvania, lived in Ohio and Illinois growing up, went to college in West Virginia, came to DC for graduate school and never left the DC area! Lived in Maryland while in grad school but then moved across the Potomac to Virginia, and I'm still here in the increasingly crowded and congested, trafficky Northern Virginia suburbs...... About eight miles from the closest Apple store!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Born in Pennsylvania, lived in Ohio and Illinois growing up, went to college in West Virginia, came to DC for graduate school and never left the DC area! Lived in Maryland while in grad school but then moved across the Potomac to Virginia, and I'm still here in the increasingly crowded and congested, trafficky Northern Virginia suburbs...... About eight miles from the closest Apple store!

Neat. My wife is from the Pittsburgh area, went to CMU, she also spent a good amount of time in DC. We've talked about relocating to the latter, we've been to DC quite a bit, mostly in a business capacity (but a few times with overlapping "for fun" too). We usually stay in the Georgetown area, my business is just across Key Bridge, and I've actually been to that Tysons Corner Apple Store! Had a charger mishap one trip, had to make an emergency accessory run :D

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Child of wanderers, until I and a few more of eventually quite a crew of siblings were not the only kids they had to tote around with them: upstate NY, Florida, Maryland, Georgia, Maryland again, Hudson Valley of NY, New Jersey, several places in Great Lakes area of NY... vacations to kin in Colorado and Wyoming, exchange student to Mexico, off to schools in New England and San Francisco, back east to NYC, decades with one foot there and one foot upstate in the Catskills, with occasional forays to Chicago... side trips to Montreal and Toronto.

Finally kissed NYC farewell and kept the place in the Catskills. It's about forty miles from where I was born: "Wha' hoppen?"

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’m curious, and most don’t put their location on the profile. I know we’ve got at least a couple of non-US folks. I live in coastal New Hampshire. Military brat and an ex-service member myself so I’ve lived in Maryland, Florida (twice), Hawaii, Missouri, Maine, Alaska (for a summer), California (twice), Washington, and finally here. Also, spent six months for the Navy in a few countries around the Indian Ocean. Not on a boat. Long story.

Not asking for resumes of residence like I just laid out. Just wondering where everyone is at currently.
Coastal Old Hampshire.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oregon and the bay area, done with Oregon though, had enough rain to last a lifetime there. I'll take the CA droughts over 220+ days of clouds/rain any day. If you want to see any color there you basically have to cut your wrists.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Neat. My wife is from the Pittsburgh area, went to CMU, she also spent a good amount of time in DC. We've talked about relocating to the latter, we've been to DC quite a bit, mostly in a business capacity (but a few times with overlapping "for fun" too). We usually stay in the Georgetown area, my business is just across Key Bridge, and I've actually been to that Tysons Corner Apple Store! Had a charger mishap one trip, had to make an emergency accessory run :D

My grandparents lived in Meadville, PA, about 90 miles north of Pgh, and they had a small cottage on Conneaut Lake. I spent many happy summers at that lake! A lot of people from Pgh and around there would spend weekends at the lake, too. There was an amusement park there as well, which I loved to go to each summer. When my family lived in Ohio we did get to Pgh every now and then for various reasons, including medical ones, but alas, never got to Cedar Point!

As for DC: next time you're here you'll be able to go to an Apple store right in Georgetown! I went to the opening of that store, which was fun! There is also the wonderful new Apple store in the historic Carnegie Library building, but I haven't yet gotten downtown to visit it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to answer this, but I live right near the new Apple store (Carnegie Library). Nice that the building is finally being used, and very convenient anytime I need something! Also, I felt compelled to weigh in because the Proud Boys are in my neighborhood rioting. All the fear of BLM supposedly burning down the city was BS, but these hooligans are truly causing trouble.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1327799503324409857/

Top Bottom
1 2