Who is from where?

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I don’t really have a go-to international destination, but Auckland, New Zealand sounds appealing.
My plan as it stands now is to move to Australia, but New Zealand is a very close second.
I even have a countdown app on my phone, to show the days until I qualify for the Australian visa.
EC3B7D44-7008-440E-9D92-C6AFADFCAB00.jpeg

With covid that countdown is moot, and I have to finish my degree here first, but hopefully things will go back to normal in a year or two which should time nicely with everything. (The other countdown is until I’m able to apply for British citizenship)

U

User.191

British chick here originally from Warwickshire, then Staffordshire, before hitting up the big smoke - London.

Then I got crazy and hit up Hong Kong (before the lease was up) & Cape Town, before starting my American adventure with Dallas, San Francisco and now Cincinnati.

Not bad for a dullard who ran from school as soon as she was able with just one O level in English and another in Drama to her name...

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
British chick here originally from Warwickshire, then Staffordshire, before hitting up the big smoke - London.

Then I got crazy and hit up Hong Kong (before the lease was up) & Cape Town, before starting my American adventure with Dallas, San Francisco and now Cincinnati.

Not bad for a dullard who ran from school as soon as she was able with just one O level in English and another in Drama to her name...
Sounds like an adventure! :D

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Air Force brat. DC, England, Alabama, North Carolina, Wyoming, Taiwan, New York, Ohio, Texas, back to AL, back to NY, back to AL. Where do I call home? Take your pick.
How old were you in Taiwan?

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Born in Ohio, but Chicago has been home since '92. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US. If I ever leave here it will be for Toronto or Berlin, Germany.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Air Force brat. DC, England, Alabama, North Carolina, Wyoming, Taiwan, New York, Ohio, Texas, back to AL, back to NY, back to AL. Where do I call home? Take your pick.
Another Air Force brat checking in. Born in Anchorage, Alaska (Elmendorf AFB), Main, Texas, San Mateo, CA, Vandenburg AFB, CA, Kansas, SoCal. Currently in Los Angeles near Venice Beach.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another Air Force brat checking in. Born in Anchorage, Alaska (Elmendorf AFB), Main, Texas, San Mateo, CA, Vandenburg AFB, CA, Kansas, SoCal. Currently in Los Angeles near Venice Beach.
Explains why we hit it off so fast!
How old were you in Taiwan?
8th and 9th grade. I remember like it was yesterday.
Born in Ohio, but Chicago has been home since '92. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US. If I ever leave here it will be for Toronto or Berlin, Germany.
You sound like my cousin. Born and raised in Fairborn, but has lived in Chicago for a good long time now.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Born in Ohio and lived there till I was 11. Then Houston for 6 months. Then Oregon. Other than going to college in southern CA for 4 years, I've been in Oregon since.

I'm currently in Beaverton, OR which puts me about 20 minutes from downtown Portland.

If I ever decided to leave here, I think Denver is the only other place I've visited where I wouldn't mind living. Although I'd love to check out Alaska. That was going to be last year before the pandemic hit.

Top Bottom
1 2