Who is from where?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Born in Ohio and lived there till I was 11. Then Houston for 6 months. Then Oregon. Other than going to college in southern CA for 4 years, I've been in Oregon since.

I'm currently in Beaverton, OR which puts me about 20 minutes from downtown Portland.

If I ever decided to leave here, I think Denver is the only other place I've visited where I wouldn't mind living. Although I'd love to check out Alaska. That was going to be last year before the pandemic hit.
20 minutes from Portland… has Antifa burned your house down yet? Is it like daytime 24/7 with Portland having been on fire for almost an entire year now? ;)

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
20 minutes from Portland… has Antifa burned your house down yet? Is it like daytime 24/7 with Portland having been on fire for almost an entire year now? ;)

The view from my front porch pretty much says it all!

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 40

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I spent many years in the area, mostly Beaverton and Tigard, then eventually made our way out to Forest Grove. Now, I'm in the bay area.

Well, I hope you enjoy it there. I went to college in LA and that was enough CA for me. I love it here. If I had to move, Denver is the nicest place I've been to beyond this area.

Plus, I have a warrant out for my arrest in King County. So best to avoid that part of the country altogether. :ROFLMAO:

I was in school, traveled to the Bay Area for Easter. On the way back to school, I got a ticket for my plates being expired. I took care of it, but the next year at school I got a letter saying they wanted me. I asked the local cops what to do and they laughed and promised me I wouldn't be extradited to that country for expired plates. Their advice was to pay the fine if I planed to be in the area again. Or just ignore it if I had no plans to return there. I went with Option B.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, I hope you enjoy it there. I went to college in LA and that was enough CA for me. I love it here. If I had to move, Denver is the nicest place I've been to beyond this area.

Plus, I have a warrant out for my arrest in King County. So best to avoid that part of the country altogether. :ROFLMAO:

I was in school, traveled to the Bay Area for Easter. On the way back to school, I got a ticket for my plates being expired. I took care of it, but the next year at school I got a letter saying they wanted me. I asked the local cops what to do and they laughed and promised me I wouldn't be extradited to that country for expired plates. Their advice was to pay the fine if I planed to be in the area again. Or just ignore it if I had no plans to return there. I went with Option B.
Oregon is beautiful in its own right, pretty much anywhere you go is plush and green for the most part but the biggest deal breaker for me was all the rain. I spent a better part of 30 years there and never liked it, some people don't mind and I get that but for me it totally sucked.
You basically get three nice summer months a year and the rest is either gray or raining, as Lewis Black once said "if you want to see any color in a place like that you'll have to cut your wrists".

CA isn't for everyone and it's always been a target but it's also the 5th largest economy on the planet, has a great melting pot of people and the infrastructure is massive. Also, it's the flip side of Oregon in that it's usually sunny and dry which I'll take any time. If we want a break we'll just drive an hour to the beach to cool off and take in all the sites, one thing it shares with Oregon is that beautiful coastline.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
...the biggest deal breaker for me was all the rain.

Yeah, we're the exact opposite. I'm one of those people that can, and does, sunburn in like 30 minutes. So I prefer a less sunny environment.

For college, I went to Pepperdine in Malibu. While there, I went to the beach twice. I could see it from my window, and I went 2 times in four years. The first time was the first week as a Freshman. Everyone was going, so I joined in. The second time was the end of my senior year. I thought it would be cool to do the movie thing and run down to the beach (I'm NOT a runner), dive in the ocean, go for a swim, then run back home again. So I did. I'm not a beach person. I'd rather head up to the mountains.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, we're the exact opposite. I'm one of those people that can, and does, sunburn in like 30 minutes. So I prefer a less sunny environment.

For college, I went to Pepperdine in Malibu. While there, I went to the beach twice. I could see it from my window, and I went 2 times in four years. The first time was the first week as a Freshman. Everyone was going, so I joined in. The second time was the end of my senior year. I thought it would be cool to do the movie thing and run down to the beach (I'm NOT a runner), dive in the ocean, go for a swim, then run back home again. So I did. I'm not a beach person. I'd rather head up to the mountains.
I’m the same. Live on the gulf coast, never go to the beach. I like visiting the rivers, kayaking in the delta, but I don’t need a beach. I just don’t want cold winters.

D

Deleted member 199

Originally from Aus, living in LOS (Land of Smiles; Thailand), at the moment. Planning for a return to the other LOS (land of sanity; land of security; land of safe roads; land of service from government employees; take your pick really) soon-ish.

Top Bottom
1 2