Why are gas prices so high (and why do they keep climbing)?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Gas stations (at least here in CA) are usually super crowded - I can't imagine trying to do a rally at one. Even the ones across USA (I used to drive a lot) - don't seem like great places for a rally, lol. :p
It's a good place to tap into disenfranchised voters though I'll give him that lol.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Scott Presler is just another right wing grifter. He himself said he couldn’t find a job after college with his criminal justice degree so why not grift off republicans that eat up gay and black republicans because there aren’t very many lol

So many republicans try to prove they’re not racist or homophobic by following people like him and Candace Owens. And they’re cashing in on it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Scott Presler is just another right wing grifter. He himself said he couldn’t find a job after college with his criminal justice degree so why not grift off republicans that eat up gay and black republicans because there aren’t very many lol

So many republicans try to prove they’re not racist or homophobic by following people like him and Candace Owens. And they’re cashing in on it.
If you are black or gay and are willing to turn a blind eye to everything that one of your color or sexual orientation has ever had to go through, the GOP has a welcoming environment for you.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

They get to be the “one black friend” or “one gay friend” of an entire group of people who feel the need to say “see we’re not racist or homophobic!” … Then, the Republicans turn around and ban books written by black people, prevent teachers from saying “gay” at school, and steal transgender children from their parents using false accusations of child abuse.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
If you are black or gay and are willing to turn a blind eye to everything that one of your color or sexual orientation has ever had to go through, the GOP has a welcoming environment for you.

I would always see this Scott Presler guy on social media so I looked him up. Turns out he couldn't find a job after graduating from college and he became a dog walker. He didn't know what to do with himself and figured out he can make a bunch of money off stupid republicans lol More power to him I guess if thats the way he chose to survive.

He could be worse. He could be Christian Walker yelling into an iPhone camera about how Republicans like their men to be alpha while sounding like a Prada bag fell out of his mouth. lol

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I would always see this Scott Presler guy on social media so I looked him up. Turns out he couldn't find a job after graduating from college and he became a dog walker. He didn't know what to do with himself and figured out he can make a bunch of money off stupid republicans lol More power to him I guess if thats the way he chose to survive.

Did you find any info on the neighborhoods he has cleaned up?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Did you find any info on the neighborhoods he has cleaned up?

After a quick google search I saw he helped organize a cleanup of Baltimore. Good for him. I just don't see how he can tweet about having compassion, heart, and soul when helping and then turn around and vote and support someone who lacks all of that

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I heard (so no link) that there was some report where over 100 oil executives were asked why they aren't ramping up production and it has nothing to do with inability, the government, or climate activists. It's all pressure from shareholders to recoup the losses during covid. So that's nice.

I wouldn't be surprised in the sightist to learn prices drop because of government action or threat of action while conveniently those losses have been recouped and shareholder profits have even increased. You can't say that Biden was really on top of this. Seems like time was bought.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
1648751654128.png

Taken by my wife yesterday on way to UCLA. It's still over $6 here 52 miles from downtown LA.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
It has gone down some in my area. $3.71 - it's not breaking my bank, but I feel for those that are struggling with it.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Umm, hahaha, is that Julia Child in the background? I guess there's the new HBOMAX show, maybe that's some promo signage.

But on topic, wow. o_O
Yep, billboard for the new Julia Child movie/series/something - I haven't bothered to look it up yet. :p

@Joe - I don't know how people are still doing 90+ here in early 2000s SUVs. Freeways are still chalk full. (California).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Redundant from yesterday, I know, but how long did it take for prices to skyrocket after Russia invaded Ukraine? 10 minutes. And ever since the increase has been going from everybody’s wallet directly to shareholder’s wallets…for over a month. Just now we’re getting around to stern words of disappointment. I’m sure investors are quaking in their boots. It seems their days of the "hard work" of collecting profits may be numbered…in a couple months….maybe.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Joe - I don't know how people are still doing 90+ here in early 2000s SUVs still. Freeways are still chalk full. (California).

I know, I used $7/gallon for the calculation on our recent trip of ~370 miles, in the DD/RT which got decent mileage for the size/performance, but that's like $107 :oops:

FYI, we don't actually have that SUV any longer, just using it as a former ICE reference :) We took the Tesla, it was like $16-17 ...

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Dems can say it isn't Biden's fault all they want. The people don't care and are going to punish the party in power. So you might want to get ready for the Red Wave.

The Dems don't seem to learn. They called inflation "transitory" until too much info came out that it wasn't. They continue to piss of parents even after watching Younkin thump McAulffe in large part due to pissed off parents.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The Dems can say it isn't Biden's fault all they want. The people don't care and are going to punish the party in power. So you might want to get ready for the Red Wave.

The Dems don't seem to learn. They called inflation "transitory" until too much info came out that it wasn't. They continue to piss of parents even after watching Younkin thump McAulffe in large part due to pissed off parents.
Only political hacks blame a president for globally dictated gas prices, lest you want to place the skyrocketing prices all over the planet on little old Joe (granted Fox News won't discuss this so Conservative ignorance here is a given). I will agree that the party in power will get punished though, that's why Republicans got slaughtered over their efforts to do everything possible to spread COVID.

Not to worry, the midterms will go your way and not just because of faux partisan outrage, but because historically it's nearly always the case when the other party is in power.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A whole lot more people than political hacks are blaming Biden.
Highest gas prices in the world (hint, the US doesn't even crack the top ten):
  • Hong Kong – $10.898.
  • Monaco – $9.375 (updated monthly)
  • Netherlands – $9.205.
  • Finland – $9.201.
  • Liechtenstein – $9.171 (updated monthly)
  • Germany – $9.122.
  • Italy – $9.084.
  • Norway – $8.834.
It's all Biden's fault... explain how please?

Top Bottom
1 2