why did you choose the Avatar you are using on TalkedAbout ?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My second MR avatar - the one most people even here are familiar with - was Henry Kissinger. Secretary of State has decent power, but not enough.
My mother loves to tell the story of when I was a baby and would be sleeping soundly until Kissinger came on the radio or telly. I would then wake up screaming. Apparently his voice really set me off.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
My mother loves to tell the story of when I was a baby and would be sleeping soundly until Kissinger came on the radio or telly. I would then wake up screaming. Apparently his voice really set me off.
Ahahahha. Yeah his voice is not soothing but trust me his old pressers are a snooze.

U

User.45

Probably nicer story than Von Braun's V-2's.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
In an alternate universe without Picard, maybe.

Picard? :LOL:

Of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer, they are clearly in this order:

1. Sisko
2. Archer
3. Kirk
4. Janeway
5. Picard

If you don't agree with that, let me just say I'm not the only person out there who would put them in that order. I have no clue who the rest are, but there's over 7 billion people on this planet. Surely I can't be the only person on the planet to feel that's the correct order. :ROFLMAO:

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score

1. Sisko
2. Archer
3. Kirk
4. Janeway
5. Picard

If you don't agree with that, let me just say I'm not the only person out there who would put them in that order. I have no clue who the rest are, but there's over 7 billion people on this planet. Surely I can't be the only person on the planet to feel that's the correct order. :ROFLMAO:

I now am even more certain that this forum is a gateway to alternative universes [emoji41]

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

1. Sisko
2. Archer
3. Kirk
4. Janeway
5. Picard

This list is an outrage; I can’t even discuss it rationally. Good day to you.

1636805401325.jpeg

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Probably nicer story than Von Braun's V-2's.
Interesting- albeit ineffective - war machines. They have one at the Rockets museum in Huntsville, AL and one at the Comsosphere in KS (where the only surviving Sputnik is also present). I don’t recall seeing one in Mississippi, Houston or Cape Canaveral.
Here’s a pic I took.
277BCF60-E8C2-46BE-9520-AFDDF4D8F4F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

1. Sisko
2. Archer
3. Kirk
4. Janeway
5. Picard

Archer? Really?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
And interesting side note, Burnham is missing from every Trek post. [emoji106]

I've only caught a couple seasons so far. But since we're already in this alternate universe, Burnham > Picard for at least the first two seasons. 🤷‍♂️

Janeway and Picard boldly followed regulations. :sleep: That's what lands them at the bottom of the list. I need a captain who knows when the toss the rulebook and do the right thing.

Since I already got this ball rolling, I should just get it all out. Or perhaps take my heaviest drugs? :ROFLMAO: My theory is Roddenberry took the Kirk character. He removed the womanizing asshole and decide to make him 1st officer. Then he took the spineless husk of what remained and called him Captain. Give him a funny accent, a cup of tea and a brain and you end up with Picard.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
I've only caught a couple seasons so far. But since we're already in this alternate universe, Burnham > Picard for at least the first two seasons. [emoji2369]

Janeway and Picard boldly followed regulations. :sleep: That's what lands them at the bottom of the list. I need a captain who knows when the toss the rulebook and do the right thing.

Since I already got this ball rolling, I should just get it all out. Or perhaps take my heaviest drugs? :ROFLMAO: My theory is Roddenberry took the Kirk character. He removed the womanizing asshole and decide to make him 1st officer. Then he took the spineless husk of what remained and called him Captain. Give him a funny accent, a cup of tea and a brain and you end up with Picard.

I’ll side with yaxo. This must be a joke. And Picard was kicked out of the fleet for the right thing. That’s how his career ends.

Burnham is just a selfie to me. But that’s still better than that religious cult figure that Cisco becomes.

Top Bottom
1 2