why did you choose the Avatar you are using on TalkedAbout ?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
If DT was actually Santa, he would look like

latest

jonblatho

Power User
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting a photo up, but it’s the same photo I use everywhere else. I took this picture because I got new glasses in a couple weeks back.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If DT was actually Santa, he would look like

latest

We __just__ watched the Xmas Futurama EPs, they're so good. In fact, they even do a genius riff on 'Xmas' ...

Fry : It really puts you in the Christmas mood.

Bender : What-mas?

Fry : Christmas! You know, X-M-A-S.

Leela : Oh, you mean *Xmas*! You must be using an archaic pronunciation, like when you say "ask" instead of "axe".

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, back in November I got rid of the you-know-who-pacifier avatar as promised.

The Biden one was a placeholder. Before you-know-who, I used to switch out avatars all the time, so I'm going back to that.

This here is the power core of the Jupiter 2. I always thought this exterior part of the ship was cool.

Besides, it tells me that GIF animations work as avatars here. 😎

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ah, the age-old question... What came first, the user name or the avatar?

In my case the usename, as, when I joined MR, they didn't allow avatars until you had reached 500 posts (a stance that was subsequently changed).

Actually, in those days, this was a source of considerable unhappiness.

In my own case, I didn't choose an avatar for ages after I had reached the required threshold of posts to be permitted to post one, and, I certainly didn't have an avatar ready to roll the minute I reached 500.

Actually, I think it was my participation in a WW game, several months, or a year, later, that prompted me to thin about an avatar.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
In my case, the user name, as it is the one I use in all the forums to which I participate. In some forums I keep one avatar consistently, while in other forums I change things around from time to time. This site is one where I switch avatars around when the mood strikes me.
In my case the avatar. Sort of. New forum means new name, so I figured I’d just use something I shot on my last trip.

Shot with a camera of course. As far as I know my lookalike is still alive, living happily ever after and all without worries. Well, leopards, lions, cheetahs and wild dogs could possibly be a problem, or drought and stuff, but let‘s stay positive.

In my case the usename, as, when I joined MR, they didn't allow avatars until you had reached 500 posts (a stance that was subsequently changed).

Actually, in those days, this was a source of considerable unhappiness.

In my own case, I didn't choose an avatar for ages after I had reached the required threshold of posts to be permitted to post one, and, I certainly didn't have an avatar ready to roll the minute I reached 500.

Actually, I think it was my participation in a WW game, several months, or a year, later, that prompted me to thin about an avatar.
Registered a long time ago too and it took forever to get enough posts for an avatar on MR. Ended up using a nice cat I’d seen. Felt appropriate given the naming convention of OS X back then.

Mine frequently changes with my mood. I easily get bored. I also live in the 4th padded cell on the right, lol.
Hi neighbor!

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
My Avatar on here and MR is Retsuko from the netflix series Aggretsuko. I change it a lot.

Don't fancy putting up my photo because of dodgy folk in the past contacting me!

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I decided to go with pictures of my cats because, well, I love cats! Ever since I moved into my own place I wanted to get my own cats and I finally found an adorable, inseparable bonded pair of kitten brothers about a year ago. They’re no longer tiny kittens now!

D

Deleted member 199

As I explained in the other thread. It seemed like a good time to get off my ass and change it, literally.

so in the other place it’s this:

Hedgehog in Tube Sitting.jpg

Here it’s this:
Hedgehog in Tube Walking.jpg

As for the why in general, to paraphrase Joe Lycett, the hedgehog is my spirit animal and he tells me to do things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 199

I am going to get a hedgehog one day. I have wanted one for a long time. My husband just rolls his eyes when I talk about it.
I've wanted one since I lived in Australia - where they don't occur naturally and are illegal to import. Lived here for 8 1/2 years, where they're readily available... couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I'm not really a fan of putting animals in cages, and there's no way a hedgehog could live cage free in this house.

Top Bottom
1 2