Why do conservatives hate AOC?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have been boycotting Amazon for years.

The idea that these things are temporary is unfounded. I mean they probably arose due to temporary supply chain imbalances, yet it doesn't perfectly predict what will happen later. Manufacturers may very well try this out as the new normal. Toyota actually cut its orders less than its competitors, yet it still took advantage of pricing surges.

I don't agree with AOC regarding causality. You can't always sufficiently prove such a thing, particularly with something as dynamic as the economy (also one reason I call laffer curve arguments garbage). What she names are likely to contribute, but I wouldn't attribute causality to confounding variables in this way, particularly not for the purpose of forecasting.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, I love her preemptive strike against the halfwits ... :love:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Because she doesn't go to the right :sneaky: parties

Republican Tina Forte is running in 2022 to claim the New York seat in Congress currently held by U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez, better known as AOC, is a Democrat. During a recent investigation into QAnon activity on Facebook, our research led us to social media accounts managed by Forte, which included heavy promotion of the deadly Jan. 6 “Save America” rally, the event that resulted in the Capitol riot that left law enforcement officers bloodied. Five people died just before, during, or after the riot, and dozens were injured.

We found Forte repeatedly used hashtags related to QAnon conspiracy theories. The QAnon mentions even included cries of “Save the Children,” referring to the debunked conspiracy theory that makes claims of mass pedophilia and “Satanic blood-drinking” by Democrats. She took multiple photographs in October, November, and December 2020 with far-right Proud Boys leader Henry “Enrique” Tarrio. Further, we uncovered evidence that Forte pushed false election conspiracy theories, including the phrase “Stop the Steal.”

Forte’s accounts that pushed potentially dangerous content were still active months later on Facebook, Instagram (which is owned by Facebook), Twitter, and YouTube. Even more striking was the fact that Forte herself attended the Capitol riot, where she livestreamed on Facebook. She took selfies with a number of attendees who considered her a “superstar.” In a live video, she urged people at then-U.S. President Donald Trump’s rally on the Ellipse to make their way to the Capitol. We even found that she entered a restricted area after the crowd knocked down barriers that law enforcement installed. All of her posts promoting the date in the weeks before Jan. 6 appeared to reach at least tens of thousands of people, but likely many more.

Her live videos from the Capitol riot were still available on Facebook more than seven months after the deadly insurrection. Forte also used Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s platform to promote T-shirts, hoodies, and other “patriot gear” merchandise.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Because she answers their questions, when they don't want someone to.

42260900_10217676215886840_7603873743663792128_n.jpg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1446195877937356807/

I said it in another thread, you won't be able to satisfy Manchin, no matter how many concessions you offer.

There will always be another concession needed, and it will always be something he knows full well progressives & most of his state won't be willing to give up.

He's the dems "Susan Collins", only he will play everyone to remain the center of attention with no 'F's given.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1446195877937356807/

I said it in another thread, you won't be able to satisfy Manchin, no matter how many concessions you offer.

There will always be another concession needed, and it will always be something he knows full well progressives & most of his state won't be willing to give up.

He's the dems "Susan Collins", only he will play everyone to remain the center of attention with no 'F's given.
Manchin needs this stuff to pass if he wants to win re-election. Plus being super unpopular with the Democratic base isn’t wise in terms of future job prospects. And Biden could always sack his wife.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Manchin needs this stuff to pass if he wants to win re-election. Plus being super unpopular with the Democratic base isn’t wise in terms of future job prospects. And Biden could always sack his wife.
As I've said elsewhere, I don't think Manchin or Sinema are too concerned about being re elected. They've either decided their done with political life, or that it will be awhile before they have to run, and by their actions 'r's will be back in some position of power. Thus making them too valuable for dems to want out, and reluctantly hold their noses & keep them in place.

For now they can be the center of the political spotlight ( even pushing out muscomitch who can't be too happy ), satisfy some lobbyists, and make some bank during this time.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
As I've said elsewhere, I don't think Manchin or Sinema are too concerned about being re elected. They've either decided their done with political life, or that it will be awhile before they have to run, and by their actions 'r's will be back in some position of power. Thus making them too valuable for dems to want out, and reluctantly hold their noses & keep them in place.

For now they can be the center of the political spotlight ( even pushing out muscomitch who can't be too happy ), satisfy some lobbyists, and make some bank during this time.
Sinema can be primaried easily and both can have Anyone they try and work for after boycotted.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Sinema can be primaried easily and both can have Anyone they try and work for after boycotted.
Yes, she can. When though? Before the bill has to pass if it ever will? Then there's the whole primary process. Sinema is already down 40% in AZ just this year, and she could seemingly care less. I think Sinema is counting on her being a 'd' at at time when some 'r's are so far out there, she will be seen as the less of any evils. Boycotting who she or Manchin eventually go on to collect a paycheck from is only retribution for damage already done on a possibly once in lifetime opportunity.

It doesn't solve the very real issue that we have only 3 months to possibly address.

Manchin is making sure that any requests he has this week are so odious, that if progressives & the WH capitulate will only demonstrate the self importance he so craves. Sinema can't even be bothered to do that much, instead claiming she told the president at some time in the past, and she seemingly doesn't need to explain a thing to those who elected her.

Reminding everyone that the needs & will of the many in America are outweighed by desires of the better off few.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Problem is, for someone like Sinema, after she leaves the Senate, she will go through the revolving door to become a lobbyist for Nyarlathotep Inc., and we will not only not be aware of the fact that she is being paid by them, or even that she is lobbying congresscritters on their behalf, but Nyarlathotep Inc. is so vast and diversified that we cannot be sure who all their subsidiaries are that we should boycott.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Because she keeps pointing out the obvious flaws in what passes for logic with fake "conservatives".

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1448858669148483591/

💯

Unless things have changed since I was last laid off, you DON'T collect if you QUIT.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1448865941056638977/

If you don't have money to eat out, guess what gets affected? It's a frikkin' cycle. Yet these fake ass conservatives are more about the cruelty, then the domino effect of suffering they want to help cause in the name of corporate profit. Then lose their crap when workers decide the suffering thing is NOT working out for them.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
When you're so hated that a grown man who probably has no idea of the term 'waifu' posts an altered video of anime of them killing you

Paul Gosar (R-AZ) has shared a photoshopped anti-immigrant anime video that shows him killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY).

On Sunday, Gosar shared the video on Twitter that used clips from popular Japanese anime Attack on Titan, alongside the caption: "Any anime fans out there?"

The clip opens with Gosar's name under Japanese text, which reads "attack of immigrants" before it continues to show real clips of Gosar and Border Patrol agents spliced alongside scenes from the anime show's opening credits.

It then shows a collection of clips of migrants walking and wading through water, along with blood splatter effects on the screen before it cuts to an MS13 gang member and the words "drugs, crime, poverty, money, gangs, violence" and "trafficking" appear.

As the clip continues, controversial representative Gosar can be seen darting across a European-style city alongside House lawmakers Lauren Boebert (R-CO) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA).

Gosar—in the place of main character Eren Yaeger—circles around a giant with Ocasio-Cortez's face photoshopped on before the anime character launches into the air and comes down, slicing the back of the giant's neck, killing it.

Seconds later, Gosar runs across a rooftop and, with blades drawn, jumps toward a giant with President Joe Biden's face photoshopped onto it.

🤬

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457886208563032066/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457889142621282305/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457888129919111170/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another reason to dislike? She will call out anyone trying to slide some shade out of the side of their mouths, and you know it's something they know nothing of...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457387573089820677/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457513865709764608/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457526879867506696/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1457531703891800069/
I agree with her on this. I watched meet the press on Sunday and a conservative commenter kept repeating the idea that Youngkin won because Joe Biden campaigned as a moderate but is governing as an extreme progressive.

Donna Edwards was there and called it out, saying he’s only trying to pass things that he ran on. She’s right. And the commenter never provided a single piece of evidence that Biden has turned into Bernie Sanders… it’s one of those Fox news talking points that all right-wingers accept as gospel no matter what. No need for evidence.

Neither touched on what I think is the most clear and obvious explanation. Biden has NOT been able to get his agenda passed yet. Most things in his agenda had 60% or more of voters‘ support. Is it his fault that Manchin and Sinema are blocking it all? Probably not, just like it’s not his fault that millions of right-wingers refuse to get a vaccine, meaning COVID is still a huge problem. But those things are FAR more likely causes of his unpopularity. The narrative of “‘Biden is an extreme progressive” is nonsense, and manufactured by the right in the hopes that Dems will be scared to pass a highly popular agenda.

Top Bottom
1 2