Why do conservatives hate AOC?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've probably said this before, but they don't like her because she fights back. She doesn't take their shit. Conservatives are so used to running over wimpy dems that they are afraid of someone like AOC who tells them back.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I've probably said this before, but they don't like her because she fights back. She doesn't take their shit. Conservatives are so used to running over wimpy dems that they are afraid of someone like AOC who tells them back.
I think she will be 35 in 2024. I hope she runs for president just so I can watch the right-wing heads explode when she wins.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Why do conservatives hate AOC? Because she's a handy distraction from data like this.

Graphics like this one could, you know, embarrass the GOP. So AOC to the rescue with every tweet she rolls out....

file under we blues are happy to support y'all red guys.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That is annoying. Nobody "won" any county.
I think the graphic is a counterpoint to the “stop the steal” crowd crying that Trump won so many counties, and Biden won so few, which somehow “proves” that the election was stolen. Never mind that some counties have over 4 million people in them while others have 100 people.

You are right, we do not count votes by county for the presidential election, so the whole thing is moot. You win or lose states for purposes of the presidential election.

U

User.45

Why do conservatives hate AOC? Because she's a handy distraction from data like this.

Graphics like this one could, you know, embarrass the GOP. So AOC to the rescue with every tweet she rolls out....

A value of a human (a voter) should not be measured by economic output, but it sure is embarrassing for those trying to run on a platform on economy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
^^^ Plus the whole idea of STIMULUS checks is to give the consumer-based economy a shot in the arm. People who now have no job and half (if any) unemployment comp will SPEND the money thus boosting the economy, even if they'd rather pay down debt

I don't know where GOP Congresscritters acquire the food they must eat from time to time, but the rest of us have to shell out money for it. So we support restaurants and supermarkets and convenience stores and the fossil fuel industry just getting to and from home to spend that money. Plus if we pay down debt we're helping the bottom line of banks (which both parties' pols do love) since they can lend it out again at a fat rate.

So are these suddenly prudent GOP conservators of our Treasury suggesting it's a sin if a recipient of a stimulus check does something with the money other than buying food or doing a debt paydown?

Let's have a look at how that went the first time around.

The [NY Fed] survey found people who had an income of $40,000 or less used a larger portion of their checks to repay their debts, and those who had an income of $75,000 or more used more of their stimulus money for their savings.

Around 40% of stimulus money went toward debt repayment for those making $40,000 or less, compared to people who make $75,000 or more annually, who used around 30% of their stimulus money for repaying debts.

People between the ages of 41 and 60 also used a greater portion of their check to repay debts compared with ages 40 and below and ages 60 and above.

So the banks made out great because poor and working class people bought groceries and paid off debt with anything left... and rich people stuck their whole stimulus payment in the bank.

Sounds to me like 2nd round should hand out much more to the broke and less to the human squirrels who already have a mink coat and just bank a stimulus check the same way real squirrels bank acorns they find during a mild winter.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
^^^ Plus the whole idea of STIMULUS checks is to give the consumer-based economy a shot in the arm. People who now have no job and half (if any) unemployment comp will SPEND the money thus boosting the economy, even if they'd rather pay down debt

I don't know where GOP Congresscritters acquire the food they must eat from time to time, but the rest of us have to shell out money for it. So we support restaurants and supermarkets and convenience stores and the fossil fuel industry just getting to and from home to spend that money. Plus if we pay down debt we're helping the bottom line of banks (which both parties' pols do love) since they can lend it out again at a fat rate.

So are these suddenly prudent GOP conservators of our Treasury suggesting it's a sin if a recipient of a stimulus check does something with the money other than buying food or doing a debt paydown?

So the banks made out great because poor and working class people bought groceries and paid off debt with anything left... and rich people stuck their whole stimulus payment in the bank.

Sounds to me like 2nd round should hand out much more to the broke and less to the human squirrels who already have a mink coat and just bank a stimulus check the same way real squirrels bank acorns they find during a mild winter.
Exactly! Nothing could be better for the economy right now than people in need spending a bunch of money in exactly the way the Congress-critter was railing against. As I recall from high school, it wasn’t always the sharpest students who got elected to student government... Just the most popular. Seems like this theme runs into actual government as well.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score

My impression of conservative legislators is that most of them are quite stupid. I think that might help with marketing as simple is better.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My impression of conservative legislators is that most of them are quite stupid. I think that might help with marketing as simple is better.
In the US it’s a mixture of stupid, elected by stupid, but it is also sinister, agenda driven, racist, religious pandering, and don’t forget hypocritical as in we are deficit hawks when it comes to helping poor people but won’t say a peep if it‘s to help a corrupt shyster steal the US Govt blind.

Top Bottom
1 2