Why do conservatives hate AOC?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So if you've been following things with Gamestop, reddit, and hedge funds you know where this is going

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1354833603943931905/

Politics · Trending
Ted Cruz and AOC
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Republican Senator Ted Cruz agree that users need to know more about Robinhood’s decision to place investor restrictions on stocks while hedge funds are able to trade freely

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1354848253729234944/

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
She has heard what they say: if Rafael were found murdered, there would instantly be 99 suspects.

Cruz has been more or less dead to most of his peers ever since he called McConnell a liar on the floor of the Senate in 2015.

McConnell was not present but that didn't matter. A Senate rule says "No Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

For all their up-yours behavior in the past few years, most of those GOP guys in the Senate, just like most of their peers across the aisle, are still sticklers for their rules and perks and matters of protocol.

And Cruz has been dead to McConnell since he started thinking it was part of his path to future glory to wander over to the House and incite the House Freedom Caucus to new heights of foolishness now and then, usually when a government shutdown over a budget bill was on the horizon.

So there might be 99 suspects if something happened to Cruz, and then again maybe there'd really only be one "person of interest".

When it comes to possible expulsion from the Senate over the insurrection though, even some House members (yeah, Dems) from Texas think that Cruz should be booted from the Senate, and they wrote a letter to Schumer to say so!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355920218338582530/
Amen.

These hypocritical MFers caught Lindsey G style vapors along with Faux talking heads babbling incessantly about AOC's intelligence, lack of international knowledge, or political know how. Suddenly when it comes to someone talking about Jewish space lasers they suddenly feel it doesn't fall on them to weigh in on the competency of another elected official.

STFU

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355920218338582530/
Amen.

These hypocritical MFers caught Lindsey G style vapors along with Faux talking heads babbling incessantly about AOC's intelligence, lack of international knowledge, or political know how. Suddenly when it comes to someone talking about Jewish space lasers they suddenly feel it doesn't fall on them to weigh in on the competency of another elected official.

STFU

Also I seem to recall the establishment Democrats not exactly being warm to AOC and her ideas when she got elected, smugly marginalizing her at every opportunity. I'm surprised they didn't set up a kids' table for her to sit at by herself.

I think the GOP knows their days are numbered as a viable unified national party and they refuse to definitively condemn or punish their own because they can't afford to lose a R on votes. If that representative and their constituents are completely insane then so be it.

By comparison when the Bernie Progressives started getting elected I fully believe the establishment Democrats would have actually preferred a Republican take that seat then have to deal with the Progressives.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
While that is an article from the Onion, if you follow AOC on Twitter, you know it's NOT a joke.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I realise that I am late to this thread, mostly because I am exhausted of following politics, but man, this was a beautiful response.
And another good thing about AOC is that a lot of Republicans hate-follow her twitter. When she calls out lies like this, it might actually sink in with a few of them.

U

User.45

And another good thing about AOC is that a lot of Republicans hate-follow her twitter. When she calls out lies like this, it might actually sink in with a few of them.
Nah. That's the fucked up thing about politics: this is a mutually beneficial relationship. They are not in the same district so it isn't zero sum game for them. They have very little to lose, but they both can keep their constituents fired up. Like for Raphael Cruz, who vent to Princeton and Harvard, saying shit like the Paris Accords serve Parisians more than Pittsburghers is just pure demagoguery to give a wink to Trump supporters suggesting "Hey I'm the closes you guys have to Trump, support me". So even if he gets obliterated by AOC, he will have a net political gain from shit like this. That said, the most fucked up thing about Republicans is that they whine about the left treating GOP's voters like cattle, but nobody's better at this sort of condescension towards GOP voters than Cruz and the alike.

Top Bottom
1 2