Why do Republicans Hate Veterans?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just curious how the reconcile this over and over again. They happily want them to enlist and send them to brown country hell holes with oil and when they return they deny them proper care.

Not just vest but first responders as well. SMH.

'They lack humanity': Jon Stewart and 9/11 first responders excoriate GOP senators who blocked renewal of funding for 9/11 victims​

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The GOP complains if Democrats don’t raise the defense budget enough. But when it comes to money for healthcare for soldiers that bled and died for them, they don’t give a 💩. F them and the horse they rode in on.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just curious how the reconcile this over and over again. They happily want them to enlist and send them to brown country hell holes with oil and when they return they deny them proper care.

Not just vest but first responders as well. SMH.

'They lack humanity': Jon Stewart and 9/11 first responders excoriate GOP senators who blocked renewal of funding for 9/11 victims​

Based on their actions, not their words, the focus is on $business$, not on people, the GOP has always been vested n the Military Industrial Complex, not who they view as the expendable, even while they allow military funding to bankrupt the country which both parties are guilty of. Oh sure, when they want some votes, they say positive things. For Veteran Programs and benefits, it has to be put your money where your mouth is.

Btw, military personnel have been exposed to toxic environments for centuries, from toxic waste to nuclear testing, to Agent Orange.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Can you imagine TFG doing something like this? I can't. Biden may be up there in years but he is definitely a class act.

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.04.04 PM.png

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I would like to thank all of the Veterans on this day and every day for their bravery, patriotism, and American Warrior Spirit. They sacrifice much and deserve our undying gratitude for putting themselves in harms way to preserve our way of life.

I have a special soft spot for my Dad, his squadron's commander, awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service flying B17's while working with the Royal AF during WWII.

Dad V2.jpg

Being pinned with the DFC at Snetterton Heath Airdrome, Norfolk, England.

Dad Award_.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I would like to thank all of the Veterans on this day and every day for their bravery, patriotism, and American Warrior Spirit. They sacrifice much and deserve our undying gratitude for putting themselves in harms way to preserve our way of life.

I have a special soft spot for my Dad, his squadron's commander, awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service flying B17's while working with the Royal AF during WWII.

View attachment 19165

View attachment 19166

A huge hat tip and a ton of respect to your to your father. Mine also piloted B17s during the war, and was based out of Foggia in Italy. I'd have to look at a large stack of his orders during the war I still have, but I think he may have also been based in England. He led a mission over Monte Cassino, that in the end turned out to be controversial. The B17 was a great plane. I understand Boeing was cranking them out at a rate of 12 per day on the average at their plant in Seattle, Washington.

Last edited:

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I got to see and step inside a B17 at an air show once. That plane is a beast. It's so huge and heavy it's a wonder it got off the ground.

My Dad once gave me his turret gunner's journal to read. It was mind boggling reading abut their missions, knowing how young most of the men were, describing the flack flying past and seeing one of their own go down thus losing 10 of their buddies. I don't think our generation can ever fully grasp what these young airmen went through for us.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure many of the first responders are technically “veterans” in that they were not part of the military, it’s an abomination in my opinion that we do not support our first responders who exposed themselves to tremendous physical risk and psychological trauma on 9/11 and in the subsequent days.

View attachment 19166

Awesome pictures! Thank you to your father for his service! Being in a bomber, at least early in the war, was a tremendously dangerous task and your odds of returning home after a tour of duty were quite small.

My grandfather was on a submarine in WWII, something he rarely ever talked about. My cousin and I over the past couple years have done some research into the submarines he was on.

The bravery these men had is truly remarkable, whether it be on land, at sea, under the sea, or in the air.

Sadly, we recently just lost another B-17 and a P-63 over Texas today in a mid-air collision. A tragedy for all involved, not to mention the loss of such remarkable peices of history. This is only a couple years after another B-17 crash in Connecticut. It’s amazing that over 12,000 of these were built and we now only have 5(?) that are still operational.

Top Bottom
1 2