why does Amazon give me 5$ credits on books I already bought?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
sometimes it is a audible book ir a kindle book. but I get them after I have bought the book and usually read it. its only for that one book too. I have had several of those offers. its Never been for a book I don't own.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds about right for Amazon and their wonderful algorithms. Oh, you bought a set of kitchen utensils? Now enjoy recommendations for other utensil sets for the rest of eternity, just in case one set of utensils wasn't enough. This is what happens when a lack of common sense invades software development.
This!

This is the thing that bothers me most about Amazon’s advertising. They don’t make random recommendations. They recommend what you’ve already purchased. What is the point?!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This!

This is the thing that bothers me most about Amazon’s advertising. They don’t make random recommendations. They recommend what you’ve already purchased. What is the point?!
They should be smarter. Like when you think you’re ordering real Trojan condoms and they send you a cheap Chinese knock-off, they start sending you ads for cribs and diapers a few months later…..

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
This!

When I used to order from amazon.com back in the days their recommendations were pretty good, not at all the things I’d already bought but rather things related to them (and probably things other customers buying the same things had ordered). I even purchased some of the things they recommended.

The recommendations got a bit more entertaining and less useful when I started ordering stuff for some friends too. Group buying to offset the expensive postage and customs fees really messed up their recommendations. 😂

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Is this what I ordered, Amazon?

1625502564202.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2