Why is Trump commemorating St. Thomas Beckett?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I highly doubt “The Donald” even knows who Thomas Beckett was. There is a very interesting write-up about this on Twitter. Sounds like this was the work of white supremacists obsessed with medievalism. It certainly seems nonsensical for America to commemorate a person who died centuries before the country existed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1343944845677760512/

More here:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Oh, and here is the lady who worked to put this forward:

Rachel Brown. She is a history professor but somehow believes this qualifies her to know more about COVID-19 than doctors do. Please explain to me how a history professor at University of Chicago can be this ignorant:

Can you imagine the other professors at her university having to deal with the likes of her? Or being her student? Friends with Milo Yiannopoulos too...

There’s going to be a lot more than just coronavirus to clean when they fumigate the White House upon Trump’s departure. Better call an exterminator too.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
@SuperMatt
thanks for the links about her.

i quickly read through some of her writings.

she has links her blog with people who say that actually it was White people who first populated the Americas, even before the date of when we believe were the actual indigenous people arrived to the new world.

so she has an agenda.
the agenda being to basically say that White people through the ages were the first and foremost of all races and that we would be best served to go to back to a middle ages-esque pre-science kind of evolved druidism where magic and things unknown are that way because they're "spiritual".

i think she will be, or maybe already is, loved by right wing evangelicals, who cant see further than the length of Tammy Baker's eyelashes.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Oh, and here is the lady who worked to put this forward:

Rachel Brown. She is a history professor but somehow believes this qualifies her to know more about COVID-19 than doctors do. Please explain to me how a history professor at University of Chicago can be this ignorant:

Can you imagine the other professors at her university having to deal with the likes of her? Or being her student? Friends with Milo Yiannopoulos too...

There’s going to be a lot more than just coronavirus to clean when they fumigate the White House upon Trump’s departure. Better call an exterminator too.
I lost interest the moment the blogger wrote "JOHN (sic) Hopkins." Someone really "glued" to Johns Hopkins would have noticed that that there's an extra S.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
@SuperMatt
thanks for the links about her.

i quickly read through some of her writings.

she has links her blog with people who say that actually it was White people who first populated the Americas, even before the date of when we believe were the actual indigenous people arrived to the new world.

so she has an agenda.
the agenda being to basically say that White people through the ages were the first and foremost of all races and that we would be best served to go to back to a middle ages-esque pre-science kind of evolved druidism where magic and things unknown are that way because their "spiritual".

i think she will be, or maybe already is, loved by right wing evangelicals, who cant see further than the length of Tammy Baker's eyelashes.
It appears to be a line of thinking widely embraced by white supremacists. I hadn’t heard about this before, so I have been reading anything I can find about it. If I find anything I think is worth sharing, I will link it in this thread.

By the way, the massacre at Wounded Knee was 130 years ago today. Not a peep from the WH about that. Those people should have been commemorated instead.

U

User.45

I lost interest the moment the blogger wrote "JOHN (sic) Hopkins." Someone really "glued" to Johns Hopkins would have noticed that that there's an extra S.
I read forward and it didn't get better. Goodness. It takes a special kind of mental challenge to believe a person's take on masks who doesn't understand that carbonmonoxyde itself is >1,000,000x smaller than just the RNA of this virus.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I read forward and it didn't get better. Goodness. It takes a special kind of mental challenge to believe a person's take on masks who doesn't understand that carbonmonoxyde itself is >1,000,000x smaller than just the RNA of this virus.

I read it too, and she's definitely a jackass. Arguing on appearance over merit is a typical sign of one.

Top Bottom
1 2