Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
IMO Chris Rock will likely keep himself in the background and stay above it, that's the smart move right now. It's good the academy at least made an attempt but it all happened so fast I'm sure everyone was caught off guard but if they asked and he refused I don't really put that on them, it's an untenable position.

It's a fucked up situation for everyone and totally selfish of Smith to ruin the night for so many others that came up after, he's on his heels right and deserves every bit of fallout coming his way.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say celebrity roasts are going to be off the table for a while lol. I think there is something to be said for holding people accountable for what they say, I just don’t think assault is the answer. It’s like we’re condoning the weaponization of cancel culture.

Just have The Rock work as the MC for celebrity roasts for a couple of years.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
IMO Chris Rock will likely keep himself in the background and stay above it, that's the smart move right now. It's good the academy at least made an attempt but it all happened so fast I'm sure everyone was caught off guard but if they asked and he refused I don't really put that on them, it's an untenable position.

It's a fucked up situation for everyone and totally selfish of Smith to ruin the night for so many others that came up after, he's on his heels right and deserves every bit of fallout coming his way.

Rock did a stand-up performance on Wednesday, and talked about getting slapped saying he was "still processing" the incident. It was a smart way to talk about it, starting with the question "How was your weekend?"

He seemed to indicate he'd talk—and joke—about it in the future.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score

This happened the same night.

FPDeLlgXIAUlWdY.jpg

And this is him years back ...........

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1510038976241057797/

Twitter is basically outing every celeb that's casting stones. LOL

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is enough to make you feel bad for Will, Jada's sort of a snake.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He should have left her a long time ago.
I just think about how I my wife would react if I turned the phone on her and asked uncomfortable personal questions about our relationship that she knew I was going to post online without her consent. I don't care who it is, it's wrong and a betrayal of trust. He was clearly being guarded about his response while she was manipulating him and the fact that she still posted it speaks volumes.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Whatever their relationship actually is, it sure does not sound like a healthy, happy one for either of them! Why are they still even involved with each other?
They've been together more than 25 years. Lots of counseling and working hard at their marriage is probably what keeps them together. Probably helps that they work a lot and spend enough time doing their own things apart.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Will Smith will be okay. CR will be okay. Hell he's waiting to capitalize (beaucoup $$$ offered for his 1st interview and probably maybe a civil suit) on the slap as story after story is printed and debates rage on.

[Bay] also wondered why the slap has started to earn more press than the Russian invasion of Ukraine. “There are babies getting blown up by the hundreds right now and people are so concerned about this. I don’t know. To me, it’s just like, enough of it. All right, so a dramatic thing happened, but I just think we’ve got to get our priorities straight.

About whether Bay would work with Smith again? “Absolutely, 100 percent,” replied. “He’s a very even-keeled guy. Very even-keeled.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Will Smith will be okay. CR will be okay. Hell he's waiting to capitalize (beaucoup $$$ offered for his 1st interview and probably maybe a civil suit) on the slap as story after story is printed and debates rage on.

Rock has stayed above it this entire time, we'll see what happens down the road but so far he has only shown that he wants to put it behind him. Do you have actual proof that he's going to do any of this or is it just speculation?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Rock has stayed above it this entire time, we'll see what happens down the road but so far he has only shown that he wants to put it behind him. Do you have actual proof that he's going to do any of this or is it just speculation?

He's waiting to get paid to tell his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2