Will the presidential debates happen?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I see Team Trump backing out. We’ll know if I’m wrong very soon and I’ll eat crow. Is anyone else thinking the same?

as of now the only one hiding in the basement has been Mr Biden. Can’t wait for him to answer some hard questions.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
as of now the only one hiding in the basement has been Mr Biden. Can’t wait for him to answer some hard questions.
100% bullshit and you know it. Here we were thinking you were one of the rational Republicans. I get it if you want to hit him on policy or substantive issues but to stoop down to the likes of jk or Trump is beneath you.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
100% bullshit and you know it. Here we were thinking you were one of the rational Republicans. I get it if you want to hit him on policy or substantive issues but to stoop down to the likes of jk or Trump is beneath you.

I am sorry but no, it’s not bullshit. He chose Kamala Harris many days ago, still no hard question about their history (she basically call him a racist legislator and a sexual harasser). Still no hard questions on policy; he says that he will lock down the US if the doctors tell him to do so, and no media outrage on it (or even no Governors outrage, which is strange because Cuomo and others mentioned that it would be considered a federal attack on states and basically the cause of a Civil war; he actually used the words Civil War). Please, as of now Biden hasn’t said anything other than “I am not Trump” and no one is asking him anything.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I am sorry but no, it’s not bullshit. He chose Kamala Harris many days ago, still no hard question about their history (she basically call him a racist legislator and a sexual harasser). Still no hard questions on policy; he says that he will lock down the US if the doctors tell him to do so, and no media outrage on it (or even no Governors outrage, which is strange because Cuomo and others mentioned that it would be considered a federal attack on states and basically the cause of a Civil war; he actually used the words Civil War). Please, as of now Biden hasn’t said anything other than “I am not Trump” and no one is asking him anything.
Okay, but what does any of this have to do with hiding in a basement, which is total bullshit and you know it. When you say stuff like that, you'll rightfully be pegged as Trump supporter. Don't like it? Show us differently then.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Okay, but what does any of this have to do with hiding in a basement, which is total bullshit and you know it. When you say stuff like that, you'll rightfully be pegged as Trump supporter. Don't like it? Show us differently then.

Not sure what the problem is. That I said “hiding in the basement”? No, he’s leaving the basement but the hyperbole doesn’t change that his campaign has been abysmal at best and he still has to answer about same very serious issues, from Burisma to his past criminal justice reform just to say two. He’s running a BLM campaign (the BLM fist was everywhere at the convention) and yet he’s not asked about his Criminal Justice Reform and no questions about prosecutor Harris? Are we crazy? No questions on his 30 years in politics? Heck even the speech had few if any reference to his own past! It’s awful.
Now, I do understand the strategy because Trump can’t stay focused and disciplined, but I do expect way more from Mr Biden (which in general is a person I like).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not sure what the problem is. That I said “hiding in the basement”? No, he’s leaving the basement but the hyperbole doesn’t change that his campaign has been abysmal at best and he still has to answer about same very serious issues, from Burisma to his past criminal justice reform just to say two. He’s running a BLM campaign (the BLM fist was everywhere at the convention) and yet he’s not asked about his Criminal Justice Reform and no questions about prosecutor Harris? Are we crazy? No questions on his 30 years in politics? Heck even the speech had few if any reference to his own past! It’s awful.
Now, I do understand the strategy because Trump can’t stay focused and disciplined, but I do expect way more from Mr Biden (which in general is a person I like).
Dude, Burisma has been answered over and over and only fringe right wingers are still touting it.

Now just imagine if you held Trump to a fraction of these same standards that you're demanding from Biden, now THAT would be something. For being "abysmal" he sure seems to be kicking your guy's ass,

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
lmmfao, I see trump moping the floor with Biden.
I also see Kamala eating pence.

You’re half right. Kamala will totally destroy Mikey. Not even Mother will be able to save him.

Trump may not be able to debate policy, or, hell, even keep a single train of thought on track, but he can rile up a crowd like no one else in Washington. It's his one greatest skill, and it's kept him in the game for this long.

But there will be no crowd to rile up. He doesn’t do so well when he’s talking to a screen.

Jojo? Like from Killer Klowns from OS?

That was my son’s favorite movie was he was a kid. It both scared him and made him laugh.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
But there will be no crowd to rile up. He doesn’t do so well when he’s talking to a screen.

That's something I didn't think about. If they hold the debates via teleconferencing, or even if he's in a fairly empty room, he will be at a disadvantage.

Trump's one of those types of speakers who thrives and dies by the mood of the crowd. If there's no crowd to set a mood, he starts stumbling.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don’t care for the “hiding in the basement” thing. The man was not in politics and had no reason to speak out. His only role at that point was as a campaigner. I’ve never been sure what you people wanted him to do.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
I don’t care for the “hiding in the basement” thing. The man was not in politics and had no reason to speak out. His only role at that point was as a campaigner. I’ve never been sure what you people wanted him to do.
The same thing everyone wants. To know wtf they are going to do to get us out of this mess. So far the dems are running on “ I’m not trump”.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
lmmfao, I see trump moping the floor with Biden.
I also see Kamala eating pence.

I wish I could shrink it a bit, but you get my point.

Also for Trump to actually mop the floor with Biden, he would have be quite a bit more on it than he has been lately. He didn't really say anything of substance in 2016, but he didn't do the old man ramble as much as he does today. Even when faced with a friendly audience, he just drones on about nonsense. Biden does the old man ramble, but he has been through a sufficient number of debates prior to this.

Harris-at-the-grill-Anjali.jpg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The same thing everyone wants. To know wtf they are going to do to get us out of this mess. So far the dems are running on “ I’m not trump”.

Let’s start with JoeBiden.com where you’ll find all the answers. Yes, he actually has answers, unlike the GOP.

Joe Biden believes to his core that there’s no greater economic engine in the world than the hard work and ingenuity of the American people. Nobody has more respect for the working women and men who get up every day to build and sustain this country, or more confidence that they can meet the challenges we face.

My favorite:
Educators, students, and families have done an incredible job in difficult circumstances over the last four months. Everyone wants schools to fully reopen for in-person instruction. Creating the conditions to make it happen should be a top national priority. Joe Biden believes that the decision about when to reopen safely should be made by state, tribal, and local officials, based on science and in consultation with communities and tribal governments. It should be made with the safety of students and educators in mind. And, it should be made recognizing that if we do this wrong, we will put lives at risk and set our economy and our country back.

As president, Biden will protect the Affordable Care Act from these continued attacks. He opposes every effort to get rid of this historic law – including efforts by Republicans, and efforts by Democrats. Instead of starting from scratch and getting rid of private insurance, he has a plan to build on the Affordable Care Act by giving Americans more choice, reducing health care costs, and making our health care system less complex to navigate.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I see Team Trump backing out. We’ll know if I’m wrong very soon and I’ll eat crow. Is anyone else thinking the same?

To answer the original question, neither team will back down. It would be a serious show of weakness. Now, if I were a campaign manager for both these candidates I'd think about avoiding the debates, but it would be political suicide. The debates will happen, and they will be in person, possibly with the two candidates at a distance and beyond a podium. The real question is: crowd or no crowd? As long as they don't do like ballparks and put the creepy cardboards of their fans...

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Let’s start with JoeBiden.com where you’ll find all the answers. Yes, he actually has answers, unlike the GOP.

My favorite:
That is great, send everyone to the web site instead of having debates. should go wonderfully

" if you like your DR you can keep it", how did that work out?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is great, send everyone to the web site instead of having debates. should go wonderfully

" if you like your DR you can keep it", how did that work out?

Is that your preference? I’m just refuting your comment that he has no plan beyond getting rid of Trump.

Top Bottom
1 2