Will the presidential debates happen?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit nuts, but I can’t see a debate going well for Trump. I’m visualizing Biden easily dunking on him over his record of being the worst human on Earth over and over.

I see Team Trump backing out. We’ll know if I’m wrong very soon and I’ll eat crow. Is anyone else thinking the same?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit nuts, but I can’t see a debate going well for Trump. I’m visualizing Biden easily dunking on him over his record of being the worst human on Earth over and over.

I see Team Trump backing out. We’ll know if I’m wrong very soon and I’ll eat crow. Is anyone else thinking the same?

I can see it happening. But I think it will be his downfall. He won’t be able to get through a 3 minute response without using the word “nasty.” He will be exhausted after the 3rd question because he has “all the best words.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm sure we'll see the three that are already set. Trump is already asking for more, look for Republicans to start using the fact that "Biden is refusing more debates" as an attack line as we get closer. This is a standard tactic for the underdog.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I can see it happening. But I think it will be his downfall. He won’t be able to get through a 3 minute response without using the word “nasty.” He will be exhausted after the 3rd question because he has “all the best words.”

Trump doesn't need to give coherent responses to look good during the debates. Remember 2016? 95% of his responses were him rambling on in his usual stream of consciousness way, making almost no sense, and almost no one cared, because he managed to get the occasional zinger in against Hillary. That's all it took, and he got elected despite the rest.

All he needs to do is give the crowd one or two good moments, enough for them to go "WOOO" and "FUCK YEAH", and his base will say he won the debate.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump doesn't need to give coherent responses to look good during the debates. Remember 2016? 95% of his responses were him rambling on in his usual stream of consciousness way, making almost no sense, and almost no one cared, because he managed to get the occasional zinger in against Hillary. That's all it took, and he got elected despite the rest.

All he needs to do is give the crowd one or two good moments, enough for them to go "WOOO" and "FUCK YEAH", and his base will say he won the debate.
Not sure if there will be a crowd, but all he was back then was a reality show host and a tabloid joke.

Now, shit is real. He has a record. He does love ratings, and the first debate will be a soaring ratings success if it happens.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Great question. Obviously, it would use a totally different mechanism, limited people present, I mean, masks? No movement around a stage? Video only?

I wouldn't be surprised if neither camp wants them, I think it would be a train wreck, possibly for both sides. Let the GOP have their nazi rally, er, convention next week, and call it done.

Renzatic

Reaction score
How would Trump mop up the floor with him? Serious question, he’s stupid, Biden is smart.

Trump may not be able to debate policy, or, hell, even keep a single train of thought on track, but he can rile up a crowd like no one else in Washington. It's his one greatest skill, and it's kept him in the game for this long.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
lmmfao, I see trump moping the floor with Biden.
I also see Kamala eating pence.
If Trump is able to utter a complete thought, I mean just one, people will give him a pass because he's set the bar down to curb level. However, whether you agree with Biden or not he is a seasoned debater and has a history of kicking asses. He has a grasp of the policies, understands the numbers/current events and relates well with people. This is NOT Hillary, IMO you're in for a wake up call here.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump may not be able to debate policy, or, hell, even keep a single train of thought on track, but he can rile up a crowd like no one else in Washington. It's his one greatest skill, and it's kept him in the game for this long.
What crowd though? That is the wind for his sail and it's been stripped from him. He can hold rallies but it's not working for him anymore, the debates will have limited audiences and those will be of mixed people, not just MAGATS. He's going to have to run out his campaign with some integrity and reach people a different way, he's just not capable of it.

Renzatic

Reaction score
This is NOT Hillary, IMO you're in for a wake up call here.

Biden isn't exactly a great public speaker. He's competent enough, but I dunno how he'll fare against Trump, who's a practiced carnival barker.

As we all like to say, he's the reality TV president, good at things reality TV stars are known for. He may not be a good leader, but put some cameras on him, and give him someone to talk smack about, and he shines.

What crowd though? That is the wind for his sail and it's been stripped from him. He can hold rallies but it's not working for him anymore, the debates will have limited audiences and those will be of mixed people, not just MAGATS. He's going to have to run out his campaign with some integrity and reach people a different way, he's just not capable of it.

Maybe you're right, but we all wrote Trump off once before, and look at how that turned out. I won't make that mistake a second time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
trump ate 16 republicans & crooked hillary. biden is such a fuck up that even Obama admited as much.
You know what, I wasn't going to believe you but increasing the font size and making it bold like you're running up to me and screaming in my face has convinced me that you're right. That's the type of reasonable debate that we've come to expect from Trump supporters.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
You know what, I wasn't going to believe you but increasing the font size and making it bold like you're running up to me and screaming in my face has convinced me that you're right. That's the type of reasonable debate that we've come to expect from Trump supporters.
COPIED pasted from article, that is how it imported. give it a try and you will get the same results

JOJO is getting my vote.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
COPIED pasted from article, that is how it imported. give it a try and you will get the same results

JOJO is getting my vote.

Paste as plain text, goddammit.

Jojo? Like from Killer Klowns from OS?

Top Bottom
1 2