Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looks like we're about to have a new President-elect. Here's your chance to go on record. I think he will kick and scream for a while but will eventually give in, I got a dollar riding on this with my wife.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Yes he will.
Eventually…

But it is going to be a red in tooth and claw fight till the last. No question. Or I shall eat my Panama hat and throw in the Akubra.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Hell yeah he'll concede, with a delusional victory statement running in his head even as he reads whatever will be on the teleprompter. The trick then will be hauling The Don offstage before he ad libs any further remarks. It's why Ivanka will be standing next to him?

Conceding is what Trump always did while running his failed business deals into the ground... walking away from the debris and letting the lawyers clean up the mess, meanwhile declaring himself a FANTASTIC business leader.

But yeah it could be really messy before someone persuades Trump that he has just done a fantastic wrap of the world's most fantastic reality show since God carved Eve out of a spare rib of Adam in the fantastic garden of Eden that Trump even had a hand in designing since he's the best, the best.. with the most, the most... covfefe.

I dunno who that persuader will be but my hat's off to whoever it will be. That person may well deserve a full pardon and no-prosecution deal in New York State...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Are we sure that he won't set fire to everything on his way out, and try to burn the House down?

Actually, @lizkat had a wonderful line - a superb sound-bite and one that should merit a sticky in its own right - in a post here yesterday (cannot, off-hand, recall the exact thread) about how now the US can now begin to concentrate on bailing the ship (of state) out without having to wonder (any longer) whether the captain is busily trying to drill holes in the hull (perhaps she said "deck", but I'd argue for "hull").

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I hope the ceremonial walk of Trump leaving office shows a fumigation tent being installed on the white house in the background.
I’ve said this before:

In the Catholic Church, if something terrible like a murder is committed within a place of worship, that place is considered defiled and cannot be used again until a bishop comes in and re-consecrates the place. Think of it as an exorcism of evil from a house of God.

I swear—and I’m serious here—something like that would go a huge way toward making me feel better before Biden takes office. Otherwise 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue still holds the taint of evil in its walls, like fucking Hill House.

Call it the leftover Catholic in me, call it superstition, but I think that place needs a spiritual cleansing.

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
I’ve said this before:

In the Catholic Church, if something terrible like a murder is committed within a place of worship, that place is considered defiled and cannot be used again until a bishop comes in and re-consecrates the place. Think of it as an exorcism of evil from a house of God.

I swear—and I’m serious here—something like that would go a huge way toward making me feel better before Biden takes office. Otherwise 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue still holds the taint of evil in its walls, like fucking Hill House.

Call it the leftover Catholic in me, call it superstition, but I think that place needs a spiritual cleansing.
Well Biden is a good Catholic so should get an the place blessed with Holy Water by the local DC parish priest.

lizkat

Reaction score
All joking aside, I share your concern.

It is an extremely fraught and volatile situation.

With guns.

Yah, I'd rather Biden supporters just stayed home for now and that we don't get ahead of ourselves on the need to organize massive street demonstrations.. before we see there's a need for them. If we believe the rule of law we should acknowledge that court fights are a part of how that works. Let the lawyers fight it out and let the Biden fans not get out there and make a rowdy Trump fan's day.

As far as protection of Biden goes though... someone on Twitter last night --after news broke that the Secret Service was preparing to amp up its current protection of Biden as the presumable President-Elect in near future-- had said that the increased details would include hazmat mitigation, counter-attack and medical emergency units.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1324597704945766400/

So they're likely very much on the ball with that. The problem is with any Trump followers out and about in the general public who are coming as angry, armed people... and not the least bit interested in "rule of law". There are also valid concerns about provocateurs ready to help trigger guys like that into crossing the line from marginally acceptable protest assemblies into something else entirely. I don't envy local mayors and police chiefs trying to make calls soon enough to be able to contain an outbreak quickly if some idiot manages to stir one up. No one wants to end up being Trump's reason to declare a state of emergency in these times while the election results get sorted.

That said, I'd be a lot happier right now if as Stephen Colbert had more than suggested, ALL Republican officials in the current administration spoke up right now to debunk Trump's vile lies and allegations about this election.

Sick to death of the wordsmithing that allows guys like McConnell to leave room for Trump's deluded intention to take his permanent installation as our head of state right up to the Supreme Court for an (also insanely expected) benediction, despite a now expected Biden win in the counting houses.

Mitch and some of these other guys like Kevin McCarthy are stressing the word "legal" with a wink and a nod to Trump's idea that the fix is in --on what a "legal" vote will have turned out to be-- by time they're done in the courts.

I don't think anyone should expect Joe Biden to be 2020's model of 2000's Al Gore in the face of vote-counting aspects of a presidential election potentially ending up in the Supreme Court.

This is not 2000. Joe Biden is a nice guy but it's 2020 in the USA.

Should we move on yet to concerns about faithless electors in the great state of Pennsylvania? One can hope that sensible heads in the Republican Party will eventually and actively signal against such a move but I wouldn't put a dime on it quite yet.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Nope he will scream until his last day that the election was stolen

I'm inclined to agree with you.

This gentleman thinks that dying is for losers, and therefore, his stunted, sick and perverted little mind cannot conceive that he will ever 1) lose, - or be in a situation where he can be classed as a "loser" (a greater insult than being a woman, or a person of colour, to his twisted little mind), or 2) die (remember the reports of his horror of possible death when he was about to depart from the White House en route to hospital when he had been diagnosed with Covid-19?)

Rather, he will be dragged kicking and screaming from office, heels dragging the ground.

What will be interesting to observe will be the tip-toeing away, in velvet soft-soled slippers, on the part of some of his foul enabling facilitators and fellow-travellers, and how rapidly they will seek to distance themselves from him, and how nauseating their lies will be as they seek to exculpate themselves.

Republican Rattus Norvegicus abandoning a slowly sinking - and stinking - vessel.

lizkat

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with you.

This gentleman this that dying is for losers, and therefore, his stunted, sick and perverted little mind cannot conceive that he will ever 1) lose, - or be in a situation where he can be classed as a "loser" (a greater insult than being a woman, or a person of colour, to his twisted little mind), or 2) die (remember the reports of his horror of possible death when he was about to depart from the White House en route to hospital when he had been diagnosed with Covid-19?)

Rather, he will be dragged kicking and screaming from office, heels dragging the ground.

What will be interesting to observe will be the tip-toeing away, in velvet soft-soled slippers, on the part of some of his foul enabling facilitators and fellow-travellers, and how rapidly they will seek to distance themselves from him, and how nauseating their lies will be as they seek to exculpate themselves.

Republican Rattus Norvegicus abandoning a slowly sinking - and stinking - vessel.

I'm not reading the books of the late-coming-to-Jesus crowd of Trump ship jumpers, that's for sure. I'll let the historians read them and sift through zillions of FOIA-fetched documents to present a picture of how deeply corrupt those guys were and how treasonous has been their failure to proactively defend the constitution that their boss so freely trampled on or tried to shred while he's been in office.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
He might pull a Yanukovich and flee to Moscow or Saudi Arabia, where he'll start The Trump Radio Show soon before or after he leaves the WH. But I don't think he'll concede. That's not what his base expects of him. They'll sink deeper and deeper in their denial.
"He never conceded and they stole the election from him, so he's STILL MY PRESIDENT!!"

Top Bottom
1 2