Windows 11

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I remember when I first saw this game I was blown away by the amazing graphics.

It was KQ5 and Space Quest IV that had that effect on me. That was around the time when Sierra switched to doing their games in full 256 color VGA. I'd look at the screenshots for those games in magazines, and be amazed at how "realistic" they looked.

Though playing those games in their full glory was but a pipe dream for me. I was slumming it up on a 16 color Atari ST at the time, forever relegated to it's crappy old EGA equivalent.

...which is weird in retrospect, considering I think EGA games have more charm these days.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Having used all versions of Windows from v1 onwards (yeah, I'm an old fart) I have to say I'm now bored of it.

10 has been a fine, stable OS but it just feels so... blah - hopefully 11 might liven things up but I also wonder if I've been to heavily influenced by Mac OS...
Gosh, I did not show up until Windows 95 or so. :p ;)
Now I’ve not tried it lately, but in Windows there was a time when taking an application and copy, cut, paste it to another drive would break it. I never had that issue with the Mac.

Purchased an Apple IIe in 1983ish, an expensive sucker. Then 1992 when I went shopping for my first Mac (Performa) there was absolutely no contest between Windows 3 and the GUI MacOS. eventually I purchased a PC for gaming that included Windows 95.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Linux, yall. It's fantastic!

LAYNUCKS.jpg

Srsly. I intend to be annoying about this.

Top Bottom
1 2