Windows 11

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Regardless, it might be worth a try, considering it's MS' attempt to stave off developers hopping over to Linux for it's more friendly programming environment. Thus far, everyone seems to be fairly pleased with it, what with it giving Windows users access to Docker and all.

It isn't a bad ploy. Linux does some stuff better, particularly for anything that will be deployed on a remote server or VM. It's quite flexible as a development environment compared to Windows.

On a side note, it amuses me that you are familiar enough with my nerd comments that you don't question why I would build LLVM from source.

U

User 189

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'd be happy if they finally get around to making the UI consistent across the entire OS, and fixed their janky window animations when moving into task view.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
More than likely, it'll be free if you have a previous version of Windows to upgrade from.
That would be nice. I still have a netbook on Windows 7 because I refused to pay to upgrade it. Maybe this will get me to use my Surface Pro as more than a backup.

Renzatic

Reaction score
That would be nice. I still have a netbook on Windows 7 because I refused to pay to upgrade it. Maybe this will get me to use my Surface Pro as more than a backup.

You know you've always been able to upgrade from Windows 7 to Win10 for free, right?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You know you've always been able to upgrade from Windows 7 to Win10 for free, right?

Yea. By the time the workaround showed up I’d forgotten I had the netbook. LOL

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
I can get a good look at this if my brother installs it on his PC, I may warn him to hold off until it's confirmed stable though.

U

User 189

I can get a good look at this if my brother installs it on his PC, I may warn him to hold off until it's confirmed stable though.
Well, this is apparently what the settings app will look like.
1622908868368.png

Renzatic

Reaction score
Those are the changes to the current start menu, available in this most recent update. No one knows if they're going to keep it the same, or go with the 10x styling for 11.

Renzatic

Reaction score

Renzatic

Reaction score
Though in all seriousness, what they're showing off does look pretty cool. The rightclick menus are now FINALLY unified across the board, though your settings are still split between the old Control Panel, and the new Settings app. Plus, the rounded corners does give things more of a modern feel.

For all intents and purposes, it's basically Windows 10x: Desktop Edition.

...and still no new File Explorer.

U

User 189

Though in all seriousness, what they're showing off does look pretty cool. The rightclick menus are now FINALLY unified across the board, and the rounded corners does give things more of a modern feel.

For all intents and purposes, it's basically Windows 10x: Desktop Edition.

...and still no new File Explorer.
The whiners have come out of hibernation though. Online society is collapsing all of a sudden... :ROFLMAO:
1623787413419.png

Top Bottom
1 2