Windows 11

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The whiners have come out of hibernation though. Online society is collapsing all of a sudden... :ROFLMAO:

IT'S NOT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PARADIGM SHIFT THAT PUSHES THE ENVELOPE OF INNOVATION TO NEW HEIGHTS! THIS IS THE END OF ALL THINGS!

Me, personally? I got about what I expected. I thought they were going to port the 10x UI to 10, and that's pretty much what happened. It's still a leaked beta, so I doubt we're seeing all there is to see here. There's likely to be a few extra features, and a ton of polish to look forward to.

...though there better be a new File Explorer, cuz I want my GODDAMN TABS!

U

User 189

I have that. It's good, but it doesn't give you the full functionality of explorer. Mainly, I can't drag and drop files from it to certain apps.
There's a channel for the app in Discord where you can get in direct contact with the developers.

Renzatic

Reaction score
There's a channel for the app in Discord where you can get in direct contact with the developers.

I might do that. The only things I miss from Explorer when using it is the hit or miss drag 'n drop, and the option to group by type (different from sort by type in that it gives each file extension it's own little partition in the window). If they could fix and add that, plus a few general speedups and bug improvements, it'd be a perfect replacement for Explorer.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Only just caught up with the 11 leaks, small demo here

My first link talking about the leak has a much longer video showing off the bits and bobs, specifically dark mode.

Though I'm thinking that the video I posted of 10x is going to be a lot closer to what we'll see on the 24th.

Renzatic

Reaction score
It's pretty slick so far, though it's hard to deny that it's very Mac-like.

...still no new File Explorer yet though.

Renzatic

Reaction score

Renzatic

Reaction score
Woohoo! There is a new file explorer out there. It's not vastly different than what we have now, but it does look cleaner, fitting in better with the rest of Win11.

...still ain't see no tabs on it though. :mad:

U

User 189

...still ain't see no tabs on it though. :mad:
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with just snapping windows side-by-side?

Also, the new Microsoft Store has finally opened itself up to traditional desktop applications. Unpackaged win32 programs are now allowed to be submitted to the Microsoft Store (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc). They can even use their own CDNs now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Renzatic

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with just snapping windows side-by-side?

I rarely ever use it, and I've long since become used to having tabs for everything.

It's not exactly a huge deal, I can get around not having it, but it's still a nice thing to have.

Top Bottom
1 2