Working with Trumpsters

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Do you work closely with Trump supporters or have them work for you? I swear I am almost the only rational thinking person in my department. I have to listen constantly to the craziest conversations, and since I am a supervisor for most of these co-workers. I have to bite my tongue when they say something to elicit a response, because I know full well that they would run down to HR if I were to respond negatively.

The recent examples are laughing about staff meeting about the latest owning the libs news, the constant Covid deniers, and just now talking about how they would never use certain shaver products. I generally walk away, but I innocently asked why this morning... now it's 9:30 AM and I have a giant headache.

:brickwall:

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
and just now talking about how they would never use certain shaver products. I generally walk away, but I innocently asked why this morning. Now it's 9:30 AM and I have a giant headache.

Shaver products?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Do you work closely with Trump supporters or have them work for you? I swear I am almost the only rational thinking person in my department. I have to listen constantly to the craziest conversations, and since I am a supervisor for most of these co-workers. I have to bite my tongue when they say something to elicit a response, because I know full well that they would run down to HR if I were to respond negatively.

The recent examples are laughing about staff meeting about the latest owning the libs news, the constant Covid deniers, and just now talking about how they would never use certain shaver products. I generally walk away, but I innocently asked why this morning... now it's 9:30 AM and I have a giant headache.

All I can say is they're a different breed, at least with Bush there was some decorum, yeah we disagreed and got political but they weren't just crazy lunatics. There is simply no rational conversation to be had with most Trump supporters. In fact, of all the people I know who do support him, only one is capable of hanging out without discussion politics, something I'll always be agreeable to.

But most just cannot avoid it, they're so angry and in your face about everything, forcing their beliefs on you to the point you have to avoid them. I would say this on either side of the political aisle, if it's your guy (Obama or Trump, for example) and the other person doesn't support them, then leave them be and stop ramming your blowhard opinions down their throats. It's common courtesy and says a lot more about you than it does your candidate.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ok, I get the Gillette thing. Not sure how it ties to Trump. They made a stand and it cost them customers.

What I get tired of is companies who take stands, not because they believe in them, but because they think it will help with a certain demographic. Only to have it piss off another demographic.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ok, I get the Gillette thing. Not sure how it ties to Trump. They made a stand and it cost them customers.

What I get tired of is companies who take stands, not because they believe in them, but because they think it will help with a certain demographic. Only to have it piss off another demographic.
What happened to the days where you bought or didn't buy a product because it worked for you or was a crappy product? I hate the My Pillow product, not because the CEO turned into a giant tool, but years before Trump got into office I tried one of them and it was a POS.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What happened to the days where you bought or didn't buy a product because it worked for you or was a crappy product?

I agree, but what if you have a brand loyalty and have no idea why? I mean a Schick is just as good as a Gillette isn't it. Or not different enough to notice.

I admit, after that ad I haven't bought any more Gillette products. But I used the ones I had. Tried the Dollar Shave and Harry's and they both sucked. Shick is just as good.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like a nightmare. I'm mostly surrounded by lefties at work and we rarely talk politics, maybe at most a passing comment on the latest insanity but it's far from a constant topic. I think everybody here knows instinctively to keep your political opinions to yourself in this environment.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

The more I hear these stories, the more I wonder how long before we implode. 😥 I bet before Donny Dipshit showed up most of us just did realize how much STUPID surrounded and adversely effect our prospects for normal lives.🤔

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Imagine, becoming a nurse just to have to cater to angry Trump supporting antivaxxers filling up the ER. Every last one of these people should be shipped off to camps for the unvaccinated so these hospitals can treat those who deserve it.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Imagine, becoming a nurse just to have to cater to angry Trump supporting antivaxxers filling up the ER. Every last one of these people should be shipped off to camps for the unvaccinated so these hospitals can treat those who deserve it.
My daughter became a new nurse August 2019... I cannot tell you all the horror stories she has of people screaming at her for not fixing their loved ones because its not "The Covid Hoax", or how many people she is now taking care of that always, always say "I wish I got vaccinated".

Yet everyday I hear how natural immunity is better than the vaccine. Which is probably true, but in order to get natural immunity you have to contract Covid and roll the die. 🤦‍♂️

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yet everyday I hear how natural immunity is better than the vaccine. Which is probably true...

I thought I read something recently that said the opposite. The vaccines give you much better immunity. But I could be wrong.

As for work, I'm lucky. Politics talk rarely come up, then it doesn't stick around long. No one I work with on a daily basis cares to get into those matters. We're also super diverse which might play into things. I work with people from India, China, Pakistan and 2 from Nepal. And that's on a team that currently only has about 10 members.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I thought I read something recently that said the opposite. The vaccines give you much better immunity. But I could be wrong.

As for work, I'm lucky. Politics talk rarely come up, then it doesn't stick around long. No one I work with on a daily basis cares to get into those matters. We're also super diverse which might play into things. I work with people from India, China, Pakistan and 2 from Nepal. And that's on a team that currently only has about 10 members.
Not really trying to debate the efficacy of vaccines vs natural immunity. I should have clarified that I was saying natural immunity "may" be better because you aren't taking the chance with some rare but documented side effect. That wasn't the point of my post though just wanted to clarify my thought.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not really trying to debate the efficacy of vaccines vs natural immunity. I should have clarified that I was saying natural immunity "may" be better because you aren't taking the chance with some rare but documented side effect. That wasn't the point of my post though just wanted to clarify my thought.
Just a bit of data if anybody is wondering…

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of data if anybody is wondering…

Nice to know, but this is a non-starter with the folks mentioned in the title of this thread. First its from the CDC which of course cannot be trusted, and secondly its based in science. :rolleyes:

Don't you know that spending 8 years in a liberal institution and then another 4 - 8 years specializing in your area of study does not equate the intellectual power of someone behind a keyboard or microphone with an opinion. *I am looking at you "Doctor" Joe Rogan*

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep, they are rough and tough Trump jackasses until they can’t breath, then they become Save me!!!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
We have one Trumper on my team, but he never says anything in my presence. The other 15 or so aren't to the best of my knowledge. I only talk with a few about politics and collectively we agree there's only one. It's a huge corporation with 10,000 rules so people are fairly civil to each other here.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
No one talks politics at my job. Everyone knows it’s something to not get into to keep the peace in the office.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I have to bite my tongue when they say something to elicit a response, because I know full well that they would run down to HR if I were to respond negatively.
Could you go to HR and report that by continually promoting a partisan and offensive political atmosphere, they are creating a hostile workplace?

Top Bottom
1 2