Would you be interested in an Apple search engine?

U

User 189

If it has a focus on Apple integration/privacy and is powered by Google, then I will switch to it in a heartbeat.

It would be even better if DuckDuckGo (and the masterminds behind it) were to merge with the Apple search engine…

…preferably called Voyage. :ROFLMAO:
810c2dd5ee418d9b188f4e0ab9a2295ebbe0e829.png

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I would probably be interested in that but I don’t ever see it happening. Apple probably makes too much money from having Google as the default search engine. It would probably cost a lot to run their own.

U

User 189

Yeah I would probably be interested in that but I don’t ever see it happening. Apple probably makes too much money from having Google as the default search engine. It would probably cost a lot to run their own.
An Apple search engine might be in the realm of possibility after all. :)

Also, the name “Voyage” really sticks. I like it!

If it was powered by Google, but results remained anonymous (identical to Startpage), I would also use it in a heartbeat. I’m surprised that most people haven’t considered that outcome yet. Apple would cut their search deal with Google that makes them billions of dollars, but it would essentially be reversed, with Apple paying Google billions of dollars a year in order to have access to their search results for Voyage (😅).

Seriously though, that name serves as a great companion to Safari.

U

User.191

Not sure if an Apple Search engine is either on the cards myself, rumors aside. There'a already much speculation of anti-trust actions against all the big names so I suspect this might be something Apple leaves alone.

U

User 189

Not sure if an Apple Search engine is either on the cards myself, rumors aside. There'a already much speculation of anti-trust actions against all the big names so I suspect this might be something Apple leaves alone.
To quote MacRumors...
Apple is "stepping up efforts" to develop its own search technology as U.S. antitrust authorities target a lucrative deal between Apple and Google that keeps Google's search engine the default option on Apple devices, according to a new paywalled Financial Times report.

D

Deleted member 199

It’s muscles! I swear!
I wonder if wild boar bacon is a thing. They sell wild boar meat here (no I haven’t tried it… yet)… not a giant leap from wild boar to warthog really is it? (Is it?) nope. Not a giant leap.

Top Bottom
1 2