WWDC 2021

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Figured I’d get this started now even though at this point it’s a week away. We’re allowed to make predictions, right? Or at least say what we want from it.

I’m sure hoping all the rumors of a new MB are right. And the os update always has at least one major surprise that everyone goes gaga over.

D

Deleted member 199

Or at least say what we want from it.
Only if those things can be described in anthropomorphic terms.

So you could for example, say you want a new 27+ inch iMac, but instead of Jay Leno's chin like the 24", you want John Travolta's chin, with the dimple.

D

Deleted member 199

On a serious note. I'm not specifically expecting much in terms of hardware. Having said that, It'd be nice to know I guess, if the 2019 Mac Pro is likely to get a refresh any time soon (and thus I should either hold off, or rush to buy). Still seems like a safer choice for an update, given my current work.

I'm mostly interested to hear what changes are coming to macOS that may affect stuff I use for work.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I'm not expecting much in the way of hardware either, I would imagine that more of Christmas sales.

I also think a new and/or redesigned Macbook that isn't JUST A 16 inch, is a kick in the nuts to those who just got the last Macbooks.

I would like a more 'full' iPad OS experience. NOT for me, as I work around with what we have fine, but to shut the F' up the endless whining that people can't do things on an iPad they can do on a laptop. Because heaven forbid they use A LAPTOP to do LAPTOP stuff on.

Who am I kidding, they could port Mac OS over, and there would still be endless bitching from those same people.

D

Deleted member 199

I'm not expecting much in the way of hardware either, I would imagine that more of Christmas sales.

I also think a new and/or redesigned Macbook that isn't JUST A 16 inch, is a kick in the nuts to those who just got the last Macbooks.

I would like a more 'full' iPad OS experience. NOT for me, as I work around with what we have fine, but to shut the F' up the endless whining that people can't do things on an iPad they can do on a laptop. Because heaven forbid they use A LAPTOP to do LAPTOP stuff on.

Who am I kidding, they could port Mac OS over, and there would still be endless bitching from those same people.
The iPad is USB-C only. of course someone will complain.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Prediction:

Apple will release the most powerful personal computer ever made. MR forums will have a 500-page thread about how terrible it is.

The promo video will show a black lady smiling as she happily uses her new 16" Macbook Pro. Hundreds will wail in response to this blatant display of subversion of white autonomy at the hands of our new woke world order.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
There's gotta be something huge planned for the iPad. They didn't just sling in an M1 and increase the RAM that much for nothing.

Lack of leaks could either be a worry, or a good thing. Can't wait though, last years event was really good.
Specifically I'm betting we'll see that 5GB allocation limit removed or increased. I'm sure there's going to be some other big changes coming to iPadOS 15. There's no way they put an M1 in the iPad Pros and made it a big selling point only to keep it handicapped by the OS. I'm also hopeful there might be a surprise hardware announcement. 27" iMac?

Renzatic

Reaction score
Specifically I'm betting we'll see that 5GB allocation limit removed or increased. I'm sure there's going to be some other big changes coming to iPadOS 15. There's no way they put an M1 in the iPad Pros and made it a big selling point only to keep it handicapped by the OS. I'm also hopeful there might be a surprise hardware announcement. 27" iMac?

It really doesn't make sense for Apple to enforce the previous mobile-centric limitations upon the iPad anymore. The only conceivable reason why they'd continue to do so, despite sporting the same hardware as their laptop line up, is because it's cheaper manufacturing a limited set of hardware, but they want to keep it gimped so it's still easy enough for your grandparents to use.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Specifically I'm betting we'll see that 5GB allocation limit removed or increased.
Yeah that was really strange finding that out.
27" iMac?
I hope so, not that I'm in the market for a new Mac but after the 24" I wanna see what's next. You'd think if Ive had influence on that one, he would have had it on this one too.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I hope so, not that I'm in the market for a new Mac but after the 24" I wanna see what's next. You'd think if Ive had influence on that one, he would have had it on this one too.

I've been hearing vague rumors, or rather hopes, that the new, higher end iMacs might sport a 32" screen.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
iPadOS needs native resolution external display support and of course, continued external peripheral support (the current implementation is pretty good).

Since it seems to be on deck, I'm kind of assuming the next gen M machines, 10-core with the 16 or 32-core GPUs, 16", maybe a Mini with those specs/options[?]

Top Bottom
1 2