Xbox Series X

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
PS5 seems to have higher upfront cost but cheaper subscriptions.
XBox is lower up front cost but more expensive subscription.

Don't laugh at me, even though I've had a C64 as a kid, my first gaming console was a PS4 and it took me 3 years to get used to the controller. Any experience with switching from PS to XB controller? I was the guy getting tea bagged for 3 years, and I don't want to be that guy again:D:D

You don’t have to invest in game pass. It’s a steal, but you don’t have to buy it. They have plenty of games on sale all the time. The controller takes some getting used to for sure. At first, I was 100% certain PS was the better controller. After a while, I got used to it and once you play with the pedals on the Elite controller, it’s hard to go back. It’s funny. When I went back to the PS controller, it felt really small in my hand and awkward to hold. I think this is something that just works both ways. You’ll get used to it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the latest update, released just a few days ago, solved just about all the wifi and hang up issues. I’d give it another month and the software will be polished as it has been with the previous generation.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This is very likely to change.

Microsoft has already said they will continue to support Bethesda’s titles on PlayStation, but they also left open the question of whether or not they would offer exclusive content for Xbox owners. It’s not hard to imagine that in the near future, you’ll get the same Fallout or Wolfenstein game on both platforms, but enhanced visuals, exclusive quest lines, weapons, skins and other in-game content on the xbox. If the rumors are true, Microsoft is eyeing the purchase of other major publishers.

Microsoft didn’t spend $7.5 billion on one of the biggest publishers in the industry to not leverage it. It’s a major power play and it will reshape the landscape. If anything — it will give Microsoft revenue from PlayStation sales. That’s also a big deal.

It sounds like most issues are on the older hardware. The developer apologized for not testing on last-gen. The game has been pulled from those stores but remains available on the latest hardware. It supposedly runs fine with the usual bugs one may expect from a massive new release. I haven’t tried it yet myself.
Remember though, the Sony storefront is for BOTH PS & PS Pro ( old & at the time current gen ), that Cyberpunk got yanked from. So yeah it remains, but you'll need a physical copy now ( Which I have from Amazon ), you also have to make the difficult choice if you want to 'return it' digitally by today the 21st. The same day that the first patch becomes available to address some of the issues. Kind of a d- move by Sony & M$. I on the other hand, have until January provided I don't open the game.

U

User.45

Remember though, the Sony storefront is for BOTH PS & PS Pro ( old & at the time current gen ), that Cyberpunk got yanked from. So yeah it remains, but you'll need a physical copy now ( Which I have from Amazon ), you also have to make the difficult choice if you want to 'return it' digitally by today the 21st. The same day that the first patch becomes available to address some of the issues. Kind of a d- move by Sony & M$. I on the other hand, have until January provided I don't open the game.
I always get entertained by people getting super psyched then disappointed by premature releases. I wait a year, if people still like it it's worth my time. If not I'll skip it and save time and $$$. That's what I did with Skyrim and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

PS4 Pro is not considered the nex-gen device. It’s even less powerful than the One X. I was referring to Series X and PS5.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I always get entertained by people getting super psyched then disappointed by premature releases. I wait a year, if people still like it it's worth my time. If not I'll skip it and save time and $$$. That's what I did with Skyrim and the Mass Effect Trilogy.
Bingo. This is exactly what I do. It’s not necessarily because of being able to score a better deal, but because all the kinks get worked out. Look at Fallout 76, which is probably the last game I bought at release, as I love the franchise. Today it is a different kind of game. Way better in every aspect. I cringe just thinking about the release version. In fact, I went back and replayed Fallout 4 vowing I would never touch Fallout 76 again. It was that bad.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
PS4 Pro is not considered the nex-gen device. It’s even less powerful than the One X. I was referring to Series X and PS5.
Yes, which is why I put in parentheses ( at the time CURRENT gen ), on the PSN storefront it doesn't matter what system you have, PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5 you won't find Cyberpunk 2077. While the issues are the worst on PS4, there are some issues on the Pro, and PS5 isn't without warts. When Sony pulled the game, they PULLED the game. After CDProject seemingly threw them under the bus for refunds, Sony just said 'Nope'. Want a refund? You get a refund, and they went full Oprah. YOU ALL GET REFUNDS!! Then wiped their hands. You want to play Cyberpunk on a PS console now? You need a physical copy. So it doesn't matter what gen Sony device you have, you aren't buying the game digitally for the time being, which is what I said.

"Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PlayStation Store," reads a tweet from the official Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account posted Friday. "You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online."

Those who have bought the game will continue to receive support and updates, the tweet added.

"We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible," it said.
Which is what I am referring to.

The dicey thing was that if you want that refund you needed to do so by the 21st, the same day that CDProject Red provides their first update. Which means you had the choice of believing CDProject AGAIN, or get your money back and buy later when the game is in the state they advertised.

I think the issue especially with Cyberpunk is this is a game that was hyped for almost a decade. One would think that after all this time, amidst promises from the company, and multiple delays in the name of polish one could expect they'd deliver a working product for the systems they made the game for. I had my doubts when the first reviews came out, and it was clearly laid out in the review that the reviewers could NOT use their footage. They could only use visuals provided by CDProject. If that doesn't scream 'warning bells' I don't know what does. Of course that footage is going to be on high end systems in house that few would have access to. Which is why my copy remains unopened, while I await to hear about the success of the patches.

After all that time, on a game that was heavily advertised on ALL systems, it isn't unrealistic to expect the game to perform better than PS3 quality on ANY system.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, which is why I put in parentheses ( at the time CURRENT gen ), on the PSN storefront it doesn't matter what system you have, PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5 you won't find Cyberpunk 2077. While the issues are the worst on PS4, there are some issues on the Pro, and PS5 isn't without warts. When Sony pulled the game, they PULLED the game. After CDProject seemingly threw them under the bus for refunds, Sony just said 'Nope'. Want a refund? You get a refund, and they went full Oprah. YOU ALL GET REFUNDS!! Then wiped their hands. You want to play Cyberpunk on a PS console now? You need a physical copy. So it doesn't matter what gen Sony device you have, you aren't buying the game digitally for the time being, which is what I said.

The dicey thing was that if you want that refund you needed to do so by the 21st, the same day that CDProject Red provides their first update. Which means you had the choice of believing CDProject AGAIN, or get your money back and buy later when the game is in the state they advertised.

I think the issue especially with Cyberpunk is this is a game that was hyped for almost a decade. One would think that after all this time, amidst promises from the company, and multiple delays in the name of polish one could expect they'd deliver a working product for the systems they made the game for. I had my doubts when the first reviews came out, and it was clearly laid out in the review that the reviewers could NOT use their footage. They could only use visuals provided by CDProject. If that doesn't scream 'warning bells' I don't know what does. Of course that footage is going to be on high end systems in house that few would have access to. Which is why my copy remains unopened, while I await to hear about the success of the patches.

After all that time, on a game that was heavily advertised on ALL systems, it isn't unrealistic to expect the game to perform better than PS3 quality on ANY system.

By the way... how do you like the game? It‘s definitely one I’ve been anticipating.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

There is no doubt that this a black eye for the developer. I am also not suggesting that somehow PS4 or PS4 Pro are not good machines, they are great indeed. I’m just saying that the developer said they didn’t test on previous generations and that it was a mistake.

On the other hand, I don’t think Sony’s approach is right either. Microsoft left the game in place, although they will refund customers. The timing on the patch and the refund request deadline is bullshit though.

I also agree that this game has been beyond hyped up. I think RDR2 was probably the best game I’ve played to date that has not been over hyped. It underpromised and way over delivered. Love that game. Did it have glitches, sure. Did I dismiss them, absolutely.

I’m sure we’ll all LOVE Cyberpunk in six months. CDProject may not be around to enjoy the glory though. It’s on them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
By the way... how do you like the game? It‘s definitely one I’ve been anticipating.
As I've said, I haven't opened it yet. Because of the extended return period with Amazon, I'm holding onto my unopened copy waiting to see what's said about the first two patches scheduled.

There is no doubt that this a black eye for the developer. I am also not suggesting that somehow PS4 or PS4 Pro are not good machines, they are great indeed. I’m just saying that the developer said they didn’t test on previous generations and that it was a mistake.

On the other hand, I don’t think Sony’s approach is right either. Microsoft left the game in place, although they will refund customers. The timing on the patch and the refund request deadline is bullshit though.

I also agree that this game has been beyond hyped up. I think RDR2 was probably the best game I’ve played to date that has not been over hyped. It underpromised and way over delivered. Love that game. Did it have glitches, sure. Did I dismiss them, absolutely.

I’m sure we’ll all LOVE Cyberpunk in six months. CDProject may not be around to enjoy the glory though. It’s on them.
I didn't question the quality of the systems. I was stating that when Sony yanked Cyberpunk, they yanked it for ALL of their systems, regardless of the power of the system or generation. I think Sony's response was based on CDProject's own bullshit of initially telling people they could get refunds and to talk to Sony.

I'm indifferent about the game actually. I did purchase it early in the year because of all the hype & Amazon offering it at a reduced price. So I have no issue with waiting out the return period to see what the patches improve.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
@iMi, @JayMysteri0 this might be a stupid question but since Windows has an Xbox option, can I use the PC as a second Xbox toto play co-op with my wife?
I believe if the game is cross play compatible you can do that. I am not sure if it will allow it one copy of the game, or your wife needs to purchase her own copy.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
@iMi, @JayMysteri0 this might be a stupid question but since Windows has an Xbox option, can I use the PC as a second Xbox toto play co-op with my wife?

What Jay said. As long as there is support.

You can also stream games to PC from your Xbox (Android, too. And soon iOS devices as well) and you get game pass games on PC. Some are the same and support cloud save, meaning you can play on PC and then continue on XBox or vice versa (Gears Tactics is a good example). Plus, you get PC only games, like the new Flight Simulator.

U

User.45

What Jay said. As long as there is support.

You can also stream games to PC from your Xbox (Android, too. And soon iOS devices as well) and you get game pass games on PC. Some are the same and support cloud save, meaning you can play on PC and then continue on XBox or vice versa (Gears Tactics is a good example). Plus, you get PC only games, like the new Flight Simulator.
Are the game pass games streamed on PC or they are full PC versions? PS4 has some off device streaming but it's 720p and not fast enough for FPS. What I'm contemplating is if I buy an Xbox it's a PC-XB gaming setup. Or if I buy a PS5 and keep my PS4 then I can just do PS4-PS5 gaming with much simplicity.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Are the game pass games streamed on PC or they are full PC versions? PS4 has some off device streaming but it's 720p and not fast enough for FPS. What I'm contemplating is if I buy an Xbox it's a PC-XB gaming setup. Or if I buy a PS5 and keep my PS4 then I can just do PS4-PS5 gaming with much simplicity.

It's a little bit of both. You can stream games from the Xbox to another device. Quality depends on your network speeds, as it's all done on local network. You can choose the quality manually or let Xbox manage it. You're basically playing on your Xbox using a controller connected to your other device and the video/audio streamed to that other device. If you were to pause the game you're streaming and walk over to your Xbox you'd see it there. Unpause it and play on the Xbox. Pause it and go back to playing on your other device. It's the same game. You're not streaming from the server like you would with Playstation Now or whatever that service is called (can't remember. It's been a while).

There are also PC game pass games exclusive to PC and some that are on both platforms. Those games you can download and install on the PC directly. Just like any game from Steam, etc.

I know it gets a little confusing...

U

User.45

It's a little bit of both. You can stream games from the Xbox to another device. Quality depends on your network speeds, as it's all done on local network. You can choose the quality manually or let Xbox manage it. You're basically playing on your Xbox using a controller connected to your other device and the video/audio streamed to that other device. If you were to pause the game you're streaming and walk over to your Xbox you'd see it there. Unpause it and play on the Xbox. Pause it and go back to playing on your other device. It's the same game. You're not streaming from the server like you would with Playstation Now or whatever that service is called (can't remember. It's been a while).

There are also PC game pass games exclusive to PC and some that are on both platforms. Those games you can download and install on the PC directly. Just like any game from Steam, etc.

I know it gets a little confusing...
It is! I wish Xbox allowed third party VR... I have a HTC Vive and Steam VR...At any rate, it seems that just waiting for a PS5 and keeping the old PS4 is the better deal. After icing it for 6 years, PC gaming isn't much fun anymore..

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is! I wish Xbox allowed third party VR... I have a HTC Vive and Steam VR...At any rate, it seems that just waiting for a PS5 and keeping the old PS4 is the better deal. After icing it for 6 years, PC gaming isn't much fun anymore..

You really can't go wrong with either console. I mean, I remember when we had to lick the connectors on the old Atari controllers because otherwise some buttons wouldn't work. That's right. Lick the connector pins. That was our solution. It worked... for a while.

We've come a long, long way in console gaming. Both systems are superb.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
...and I also bought PS5. Will be here today!

If anyone wants to connect, I'm FantomSolace on Xbox and FantomSolace2 on PSN.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where did you find a PS5?:)

Followed restock news on twitter. @SupplyNinja in particular does a good job. When a notification came up that Dell restocked, I jumped on it. It's really the only way to find one if you are to compete with scalpers and their bots, which I REFUSE to feed by buying one of those units from them.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
So, after a few days with both consoles, I’ll share some impressions. I still love Xbox and the ecosystem it affords. The user interface is vastly better. While it looks like quite a few games run better on the Xbox, such as Breakpoint, which according to the publisher has been enhanced for both PS5 and Series X but only the Series X runs it natively at 4K. The quick resume feature is still a huge differentiator between the two. Microsoft nailed it. Everything about the Xbox just feels like a polished version of the last generation, including the controllers. They are more or less the same with minor tweaks, like the USB-C charging ports and a few other refinements.

On the PS5 side, things are equally exciting. The user interface is fresh, but lacking. Many options found on the PS4 are missing. You cannot hide games in your library anymore, for example. So, all those demos, old games you’ll never play again, games you had on disc but since lost. Yup, all of it will be there. Worse, there is no way to set default sort option either. It resets each time. Microsoft is WAY ahead here, but again, this is brand new and totally redone, so they will likely re-introduce many of the options we want. The new Dual Sense controller is simply amazing. It may in fact be the single best thing about it and will likely pull me to buy a shooter game on the PS5 platform instead of the Xbox, even if the Xbox can run it slightly better. Then there are games. I realized how much I missed the PlayStation exclusives. Just finished the Last of Us. Just an amazing game and the list of similarly increasingly games is long and growing. Microsoft has some great exclusives, but nothing compares with what PlayStation delivers.

I would recommend to anyone to buy both consoles, if they are in a position to do it. Both offer fantastic experiences. It’s really the best of both words. There are many differences but of course reviews are out there for you guys to read. I won’t bore to tears (more).

Be prepared to have your brain melt down over the placement of the X button in the first few days of using both. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom
1 2