Xbox Series X

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, we only recently picked up a PS4 ... that's right a FOUR :D Well, it's a 4 Pro ...

Played it for the first time since this post, just this past weekend, mostly to check out the new TV, Last of Us for about 15-20 minutes. :D Maybe we'll make a point of spending a few hours gaming this weekend :geek:

U

User.45

Played it for the first time since this post, just this past weekend, mostly to check out the new TV, Last of Us for about 15-20 minutes. :D Maybe we'll make a point of spending a few hours gaming this weekend :geek:
Last of Us was great... but also deeply deeply unsettling. I played it after a week of nightshift which for some reason really really messed with my mind. I had flashbacks about it and stuff. It's a well-written story.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Last of Us was great... but also deeply deeply unsettling. I played it after a week of nightshift which for some reason really really messed with my mind. I had flashbacks about it and stuff. It's a well-written story.

Yeah, we really liked it, we're big into the horror survival, but it has to have a solid story (and where you can tweak the play mode so it's more exploration/puzzles vs. combat). Basically we made it about 1/3 of the way through stopped playing for a long time, PS3 went pear shaped - so here we are a few years later, I discovered money in our PS account, so I got Last of Us Remastered, Last of Us 2, and the PS4Pro, and we started again :D Maybe we'll actually make it to the second game by Christmas ...

U

User.45

Yeah, we really liked it, we're big into the horror survival, but it has to have a solid story (and where you can tweak the play mode so it's more exploration/puzzles vs. combat). Basically we made it about 1/3 of the way through stopped playing for a long time, PS3 went pear shaped - so here we are a few years later, I discovered money in our PS account, so I got Last of Us Remastered, Last of Us 2, and the PS4Pro, and we started again :D Maybe we'll actually make it to the second game by Christmas ...
Back in the days, when my wife and I took shifts to play the Mass Effect trilogy. It was glorious.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Back in the days, when my wife and I took shifts to play the Mass Effect trilogy. It was glorious.

Nice. Our "gaming mode" is very collaborative, though I generally run the controller (hahaha, though recently we got the little G to be in charge of movement/combat :D)

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my Series X.

BTW .... Gamestop sent me two by mistake. The second one came weeks after the first, and with an extra controller and wireless gaming headphones. Gave them a call (without revealing my info), transferred countless times, and was given the run around on how to send it back. I just gave up. So now I have two Series X for the price of one. :)

I wish they sent me a PS5 by mistake.

U

User.45

I haven't had any issues with my Series X.

BTW .... Gamestop sent me two by mistake. The second one came weeks after the first, and with an extra controller and wireless gaming headphones. Gave them a call (without revealing my info), transferred countless times, and was given the run around on how to send it back. I just gave up. So now I have two Series X for the price of one. :)

I wish they sent me a PS5 by mistake.
I'd feel envy for you and @iMi, you guys with the double advanced console. But I play like an 45-60 min a week in total, so I don't deserve to have such a console anyway. So good for you!:)

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd feel envy for you and @iMi, you guys with the double advanced console. But I play like an 45-60 min a week in total, so I don't deserve to have such a console anyway. So good for you!:)

I would argue that since you play less, you should only play the best. Of both, of course. Plus they look so good together 😀

DAEC7A7A-94F1-44A7-B836-67C2EC832498.jpeg

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
showoff:p
(not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of the horizontal PS5)
Jelly. I think you feel jelly. 😂

Sony says it’s “bold.” I say it’s weird, but totally awesome. It grows on you. You know what’s weird? If I put the Xbox on top of the console, it creates a massive backlight bleed on the TV. Move it away and it’s gone. 🤷

U

User.45

Hahaha, I know how I feel, it's fucking horrific :D
The thing about your PS4Pro, is that we already have the original PS4, so buying it for the 60FPS feels pretty redundant.

My 1-year-old loves dual sense and managed to purchase GHost of Tsushima. So now my wife and I play that late night.

U

User.45

Oh, I also picked up Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) for the little G, an actual physical copy to open for Xmas, she was totally into it (hahaha, me too :D)
Ghost of Tsushima is really good. Wife and I managed to play a little passing the controller back and forth.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm using this thread for non-console-specific VG discussions, I figured vs. starting a new one (@iMi may you could retitle it? Or tell me to fuck off, either way, I'm good :D)

Last night, we fired up ...

Mario Party (Switch)! I really forgot how much fun it is, super simple gameplay mechanics, a decent amount of luck, combines a "boardgame" with small, 60 second or so minigames that are silly fun, some are brain teasers, some require a little coordination.

Top Bottom
1 2