Yevgeny Prigozhin on passenger list of crashed jet

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ten people were killed in the crash. I haven't seen confirmation that Yevgeny Prigozhin was aboard, though he was apparently on the passenger list:

I guess Putin has run out of windows to push people from. Or maybe it's just easier to kill his enemies in batches.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Now confirmed that Prigozhin was on the flight. I suspect Putin was trying to send a signal to anyone who might challenge him, in addition to getting rid of Prigozhin. As Biden said today, "not much that happens in Russia that Putin is not behind."

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Sorry to have TDS in an unrelated thread, but all this crap since Russia invaded Ukraine makes me extremely thankful that Trump is no longer president - imagine the US President publicly slobbering over Putin’s authoritarian knob as he invaded a sovereign nation - and really glad he and his allies are being prosecuted for their crimes.

While republicans contort scandals of Hillary Clinton and others to make it look like they are covert, American versions of Putin - they have practically rolled out the red carpet for Trump to install himself as a Putin-like dictator. Thank God sensible republicans and America at large have rejected Trumpism, at least as far as imminent danger is concerned.

Something about this whole uprising with this mercenary group is really strange. He publicly embarrassed Putin, so his demise is more expected than surprising, but the whole sudden withdrawal and unclear terms on how this group’s leader would just be able to go to Belarus seemed shady. Too bad they didn’t cause each other more damage before it came to this.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Now confirmed that Prigozhin was on the flight. I suspect Putin was trying to send a signal to anyone who might challenge him, in addition to getting rid of Prigozhin. As Biden said today, "not much that happens in Russia that Putin is not behind."
Where did you read it's been confirmed? I've not see that yet. E.g., the NYTimes is still saying only that he was listed on the manifest.

See also: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/yevgeny-prigozhin-killed-in-plane-crash/PPCLMEJ46VGDVFWLR33XH6J7YM/ :

"Vladimir Rogov, a Russia-appointed official in the partially occupied Zaporizhzhia region in Ukraine, said he talked to Wagner commanders, who confirmed that Prigozhin and a top associate were on board when the crashed plane. However, Keir Giles, a Russia expert with international affairs think-tank Chatham House, urged caution about reports of Prigozhin’s death. He said “multiple individuals have changed their name to Yevgeniy Prigozhin, as part of his efforts to obfuscate his travels.”"

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Where did you read it's been confirmed? I've not see that yet. E.g., the NYTimes is still saying only that he was listed on the manifest.

See also: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/yevgeny-prigozhin-killed-in-plane-crash/PPCLMEJ46VGDVFWLR33XH6J7YM/ :

"Vladimir Rogov, a Russia-appointed official in the partially occupied Zaporizhzhia region in Ukraine, said he talked to Wagner commanders, who confirmed that Prigozhin and a top associate were on board when the crashed plane. However, Keir Giles, a Russia expert with international affairs think-tank Chatham House, urged caution about reports of Prigozhin’s death. He said “multiple individuals have changed their name to Yevgeniy Prigozhin, as part of his efforts to obfuscate his travels.”"
CNN and other news outlets reported it, though I haven’t seen anything further.

Top Bottom
1 2