Your Computer Isn't Yours \ new macOS

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Robot dog?

Yeah the warm puppy trick. Always take the cold data files when a really big robot is offering a choice.

There's a reason we don't make robotic dogs look like cats. Making them look like dogs gives humans the illusion the robots can be trained and remain reliably under control. Dogs pile onto the bed at night and crash and stay crashed the same as people do. Cats, well... YMMV. Humans readily learn the myriad and true tales of cats doing whatever they please, often in the middle of the night while we're sleeping and certainly at the vet's clinic.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
"... the flower would also have been acceptable."

:ROFLMAO:

U

User.45

Yeah the warm puppy trick. Always take the cold data files when a really big robot is offering a choice.

There's a reason we don't make robotic dogs look like cats. Making them look like dogs gives humans the illusion the robots can be trained and remain reliably under control. Dogs pile onto the bed at night and crash and stay crashed the same as people do. Cats, well... YMMV. Humans readily learn the myriad and true tales of cats doing whatever they please, often in the middle of the night while we're sleeping and certainly at the vet's clinic.

I have a confession to make. I hate cats. I have toddlers to ignore @P_X and provide me "much needed" daily dose of shenanigans in exchange for ridiculous cuteness.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
imma think all the cats are outta the bag anyway. It's an illusion we're still managing our tech. I mean you can now buy the dog one in this video, for only $75k (if you agree to use it only for "beneficial purposes" ) but who's to say it will obey your every command versus making some up as it goes like a regular dog does.

How soon before we get ..... "ABC presents Dancing With The Robots"?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I'm going back to the original OSX Feral House Cat. It was surprisingly secure given the name.
I remember Feral House Cat. I ran it on my Cube. It was cool because there was a 3rd-party theming tool: my windows looked like old parchment with pen-and-ink scritches for buttons and a broad red underline stroke for menu highlights. Then they came along with OS X Smilodon and it all went out the, uh, window.

It would be an interesting experiment to see if someone could hack Feral House Cat to run on a M1 – I would definitely try it.

Top Bottom
1 2