YoutubeTV Pause/Play Bug

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not sure how many of you use YTTV but there's a known bug where playing after pause, so I started a megathread about it on the official YTTV subreddit. Just wondering if anyone else using YTTV is facing this issue

The crux of the issue is when you pause (either live TV or DVR) and resume after a few minutes it will:
1) Start again from the beginning of the broadcast
2) Take you to live

It's frustrating enough to me at this point that I'm thinking of moving to Hulu, which I've never tried for regular TV programming. I love the unlimited DVR for YTTV and it sounds like I'll have to pay more for it on Hulu, anyone with experience here who wants to chime would be great.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you use YTTV but there's a known bug where playing after pause, so I started a megathread about it on the official YTTV subreddit. Just wondering if anyone else using YTTV is facing this issue

The crux of the issue is when you pause (either live TV or DVR) and resume after a few minutes it will:
1) Start again from the beginning of the broadcast
2) Take you to live

It's frustrating enough to me at this point that I'm thinking of moving to Hulu, which I've never tried for regular TV programming. I love the unlimited DVR for YTTV and it sounds like I'll have to pay more for it on Hulu, anyone with experience here who wants to chime would be great.

Weird. on what platform? I use YTTV all the time, but only on Apple TVs, and mostly only to watch Mets games. Maybe i’ve never paused long enough, but I’ve never run into this.

I used to use Hulu live, and it was fine but the UI was a little confusing. I also use directv’s live tv service and have for years. It’s fine, too. I’m grandfathered in on a plan where i get many more channels than are currently available, though. Though I think now they have some other service that costs more and is equivalent - they keep changing things over there.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Weird. on what platform? I use YTTV all the time, but only on Apple TVs, and mostly only to watch Mets games. Maybe i’ve never paused long enough, but I’ve never run into this.

I used to use Hulu live, and it was fine but the UI was a little confusing. I also use directv’s live tv service and have for years. It’s fine, too. I’m grandfathered in on a plan where i get many more channels than are currently available, though. Though I think now they have some other service that costs more and is equivalent - they keep changing things over there.
Apparently it's happening on all devices with the latest update, YTTV has officially responded to the thread I posted over there. You won't notice if you're not a prolific pauser, we pretty much start a show and pause/start throughout so for us it really sucks.

Top Bottom
1 2