AI in Games

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
When AI starts being wholesale incorporated into games, as I imagine to facilitate NPC dialog, will these games continue to have the ability be stand alone, or will they require an online AI resource? I guess I’m asking how many gigabytes of data are required to power an AI resource, will this be proprietary, will it most likely require an online connection to be functional?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
When AI starts being wholesale incorporated into games, as I imagine to facilitate NPC dialog, will these games continue to have the ability be stand alone, or will they require an online AI resource? I guess I’m asking how many gigabytes of data are required to power an AI resource, will this be proprietary, will it most likely require an online connection to be functional?

I stopped playing on a console because almost every time I went to play for 15 minutes, there were 10 minutes of updates. Can't imagine how bad that would be if MORE data had to be downloaded.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
It depends. The bigger, better models can be hundreds of gigabytes and require that much in RAM never mind storage. So those won’t be running locally. Smaller ones are still about 10GB or so.

Top Bottom
1 2