Classified documents found in former Biden office

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

According to the report, there were fewer than 12 documents in a locked space. They were provided to the National Archives the day after they were discovered, and a DOJ investigation is ongoing, as it should.

I expect Republicans to make a huge fuss over this, even though there are significant differences compared to Mar-a-Lagogate.
The GQP and their willful gulpers are already jumping on this. Although this is extremely different from Mango and his intentional theft of documents. Not to mention obstruction of the subpoenas, investigator, and the continuing lying about the documents and their whereabouts.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

According to the report, there were fewer than 12 documents in a locked space. They were provided to the National Archives the day after they were discovered, and a DOJ investigation is ongoing, as it should.

I expect Republicans to make a huge fuss over this, even though there are significant differences compared to Mar-a-Lagogate.

Biden also didn’t run a presidential campaign vowing to lock people up.

This is clearly a different issue, but I will wait to see what the documents were.

The documents Trump took home were known to contain important intel and were specifically sought after. Unless we don’t know something, that is not the case here.

These documents also didn’t show up months after they were subpoenaed and found after a search warrant.

That said, it’s not a good look and it’s definitely not good timing. But there’s a lot to be known about this.

"The discovery of these documents was made by the President's attorneys," Sauber added. "The documents were not the subject of any previous request or inquiry by the Archives. Since that discovery, the President's personal attorneys have cooperated with the Archives and the Department of Justice in a process to ensure that any Obama-Biden Administration records are appropriately in the possession of the Archives."

To me, this sounds like a situation that Trump wished was his own situation.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The latest.

Biden attorneys in talks with federal prosecutors over terms of his interview in classified documents case​

Special Counsel Robert Hur, appointed by Attorney General Merrick Garland, is investigating the president’s handling of classified documents after his term as vice president ended.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Going out of their way to cover the bases and play fair when it won’t matter to the people this is being done for anyways - the cult.

Good, I guess? Get to the truth, find out what happened… Any Republican hoping Biden gets arrested over this is having one hell of a hot and steamy wet dream. Nothing was subpoenaed from Biden. Unless they cover evidence of willful dissemination or something, it’s probably going to be procedural with a report at the end.

This is NOT the “democrat version” of Trump’s document scandal, though I expect that’s how the R’s will sell it.

Best thing to do is find out why all these folks had classified material, improve the procedures for disseminating, tracking and requesting the return of classified documents, and clearer rules and laws on what you can and can’t do with these documents, and enforce the penalties for mishandling.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For a man that seems more obsessed with political optics than swift justice, I’m a little shocked Garland assigned Weiss as special counsel considering he approved the deal that later got rejected in court.

In the words of the great orator J. R. Biden “Come on, man!”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Putting partisanship aside, the biggest takeaway here is that Biden did not try to hide anything. I was recently questioned by the FAA about some of my drone footage, I fully cooperated and gave them everything they asked for. The agent I spoke with said in most cases that's all they ask for and those who choose to either evade them or withhold anything get a full court press with multiple agents, etc. One guy was fined over $180K by the FAA and got the book thrown at him for every little thing, had he just cooperated nothing would've happened.

The feds don't play around when it comes to this sort of thing. For a party that regularly preaches criminals need to "just comply" they sure love defending a man who100% refuses to.

Special Counsel Seeks No Criminal Charges in Biden’s Classified Records Case​

The inquiry found that the president had willfully retained material after finishing his term as vice president and had shared sensitive information with a ghostwriter.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
The feds don't play around when it comes to this sort of thing. For a party that regularly preaches criminals need to "just comply" they sure love defending a man who100% refuses to.

I learned not to mess with the feds coming back drunk from Tijuana one time in college. I gave the border crossing guards a smart-ass answer. They gave me a chair off to the side for an hour to rethink my answer. It only took seconds to realize my mistake. They didn't care. And just like that, lesson learned!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I learned not to mess with the feds coming back drunk from Tijuana one time in college. I gave the border crossing guards a smart-ass answer. They gave me a chair off to the side for an hour to rethink my answer. It only took seconds to realize my mistake. They didn't care. And just like that, lesson learned!
Right, best to just do what they ask. The guy who got fined over $180K ignored their warnings, they tried to call, they tried email, and even snail mail. Meanwhile, he continued to make a bunch of illegal flights and post them online. Bad call and they flat out made an example of him while every other drone pilot was out there saying "oh shit!" and deciding to get their licenses and register their drones. :ROFLMAO:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Right, best to just do what they ask. The guy who got fined over $180K ignored their warnings, they tried to call, they tried email, and even snail mail. Meanwhile, he continued to make a bunch of illegal flights and post them online. Bad call and they flat out made an example of him while every other drone pilot was out there saying "oh shit!" and deciding to get their licenses and register their drones. :ROFLMAO:

I was totally in the wrong in my case. And 60 minutes of time is pretty cheap for a lesson that's been valuable for the past 30 years. I got what I had coming to me and was lucky that's the only consequence I faced.

I learned to respect those with the power to decide if I have a good day or a bad day. :ROFLMAO:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No charges, but the special counsel made sure to beat him up over it.

Sorry folks, we can wag our finger at him and chide him, as he deserves, but Trump he is not. Neither is Pence or probably anyone else who's been careless or less than meticulous with classified docs, which is hugely important.

Remember, we learned about these boxes Trump had not long after leaving office. Nobody was demanding his arrest after the story broke. Indeed, had he returned them, it would have faded into history and just been listed as a minor mark against him, the same as the Charlottesville "very fine people on both sides" comment, etc.

Here's the problem; this is only a defense for Trump. He can (and probably will) run around screaming "But Biden and his documents! I was president, he wasn't!". But all I'd do is turn around to him and say "Yeah, but you did worse. Way worse. And then obstructed."

Obama could have cleared this up early on had he only informed use he had retroactively and mentally declassified everything Biden had. NO LOYALTY!

*Also, Trump isn’t smart enough to think of these zingers…

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
No charges, but the special counsel made sure to beat him up over it.

Sorry folks, we can wag our finger at him and chide him, as he deserves, but Trump he is not. Neither is Pence or probably anyone else who's been careless or less than meticulous with classified docs, which is hugely important.

Remember, we learned about these boxes Trump had not long after leaving office. Nobody was demanding his arrest after the story broke. Indeed, had he returned them, it would have faded into history and just been listed as a minor mark against him, the same as the Charlottesville "very fine people on both sides" comment, etc.

Here's the problem; this is only a defense for Trump. He can (and probably will) run around screaming "But Biden and his documents! I was president, he wasn't!". But all I'd do is turn around to him and say "Yeah, but you did worse. Way worse. And then obstructed."

Obama could have cleared this up early on had he only informed use he had retroactively and mentally declassified everything Biden had. NO LOYALTY!

*Also, Trump isn’t smart enough to think of these zingers…

I can’t say I love how the special prosecutor describes Biden’s cognitive status in the most explicit way possible. Regardless of who is president, let’s say “traditionally” anyways; there is an unwritten expectation of respecting his dignity. At the same time the information he included is information the public needs to hear.

It’s one thing to call Biden’s thinking slow. It’s quite serious to ultimately conclude his observed memory impairment would make it difficult for discern knowingly mishandling classified information and merely forgetting what was C and what was not. That’s uncomfortably close to the concept of deeming someone unfit to stand trial.

But the examples cited.., holy $hit… including but not limited to
- Forgetting when he began as VP
- Forgetting when his VP term ended
- Not being able to remember when his son Boe died
^^^ And all of these lapses occurred in 2017! (Sourced from taped meetings with his ghost writer). The report also his memory as worse during his recent interviews with the report authors.

Having had relatives with dementia, hearing those examples just beaks my heart. And it’s unconscionable to me that his family, colleagues, and the DNC would allow him to run for office like this. There is a level of inhumanity involved in putting Joe in that position- it literally makes me nauseous.

This sounds far too similar to the open secret that Diane Fienstiein had totally lost her marbles to where her aids were telling her what to vote and her daughter had obtained power of attorney. And yet this woman “made decisions” for the country while she couldn’t make them fit herself?

Can I now be vindicated for saying that Biden had concerning signs of cognitive decline and things will only deteriorate? The gaslighting can stop now when Biden’s own DOJ is reporting this. I’ll be honest though, it was not evident to me just how bad things evidently were in 2017.

This report strikes me as the death mail for Biden’s anemic re-election campaign. It think it’s obvious he doesn’t have the stamina to do his White House tasks + run a campaign against Trump. Even his fundraising ads I see- they have to use Obama in who does all the talking except for Joe’s one line “it’s no joke” (and in one version they had to splice the clip- it’s a 10sec video).

Democrats- I suggest you start thinking about a proactively implemented contingency plan here that’s not Kamala. Im not couching my bets that Trump will be in jail or stricken from the ballets.

This could be a very strange election if neither of the contenders end up winning.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
But the examples cited.., holy $hit… including but not limited to
- Forgetting when he began as VP
- Forgetting when his VP term ended
- Not being able to remember when his son Boe died
^^^ And all of these lapses occurred in 2017! (Sourced from taped meetings with his ghost writer). The report also his memory as worse during his recent interviews with the report authors.

All three of them! 😂 (among others, so ten moments in a year. Let’s call it a hundred. I probably forgot three things yesterday. Should I be worried? 😂😂😂)

Can I now be vindicated for saying that Biden had concerning signs of cognitive decline and things will only deteriorate? The gaslighting can stop now when Biden’s own DOJ is reporting this. I’ll be honest though, it was not evident to me just how bad things evidently were in 2017.

No. You’re reading a special counsel report predicting what they believe a jury will think of Biden, not a medical diagnosis.

This report strikes me as the death mail for Biden’s anemic re-election campaign. It think it’s obvious he doesn’t have the stamina to do his White House tasks + run a campaign against Trump. Even his fundraising ads I see- they have to use Obama in who does all the talking except for Joe’s one line “it’s no joke” (and in one version they had to splice the clip- it’s a 10sec video).

Democrats- I suggest you start thinking about a proactively implemented contingency plan here that’s not Kamala. Im not couching my bets that Trump will be in jail or stricken from the ballets.

This could be a very strange election if neither of the contenders end up winning.

I like that you’re injecting a little spice into your posts. Good luck. You’d do well to focus on the votes Trump isn’t getting in the primaries than Biden’s mental state. What makes you think democrats don’t have faith in Biden’s cabinet, or havent considered his age is the ultimate determining factor? Who says he isn’t just old and fine?

Trump’s Truth Social feed is far more alarming if we’re going tit for tat with amateur medical diagnosis. Trump looks gaunt and his verbal brain droppings sound like Hitler got kicked by a horse. I’ll take my chances with the Biden shuffle and stutter, if he dies, I’m fine with Kamala as opposed to whatever Trump loyalist is picked.

Also, why wouldn’t they use Obama in an ad? 🤪

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No charges, but the special counsel made sure to be him up over it.

Yeah, CNN was beating him up all day over forgetting certain things on certain (and important) dates. It's funny because I went to my doctor last week and as part of my checkup she asked me today's date and I couldn't even come close, in fact it was all I could do to remember the day but I rely on my calendar for stuff. But makes me wonder if my mind is slipping too because there's no way I can remember certain dates for anything outside of my birthday.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, CNN was beating him up all day over forgetting certain things on certain (and important) dates. It's funny because I went to my doctor last week and as part of my checkup she asked me today's date and I couldn't even come close, in fact it was all I could do to remember the day but I rely on my calendar for stuff. But makes me wonder if my mind is slipping too because there's no way I can remember certain dates for anything outside of my birthday.
It's normal for humans to forget. Items in our short term memory, and those memories that are important to us go to long term, the rest go to the recycle bin. Even those memories that move from short term to long term memory, details get muddled and our brain can even make up what ever it wants to make up. That is why memories become embellished stories.

At least that is what I remember from psychology 101 almost 35 years ago.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

My retired friends couldn't answer that either. ;)

It's normal for humans to forget. Items in our short term memory, and those memories that are important to us go to long term, the rest go to the recycle bin. Even those memories that move from short term to long term memory, details get muddled and our brain can even make up what ever it wants to make up. That is why memories become embellished stories.

At least that is what I remember from psychology 101 almost 35 years ago.

But in his PC when he was saying his memory was fine (yesterday), he mixed up the Presidents of Egypt and Mexico.

Top Bottom
1 2