Happening now - man sets himself on fire outside of Trump trial

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
WTF is going on? CNN reporters are freaking out about it down there.

Greenshot 2024-04-19 10.59.57.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Laura Coates being very descriptive about smell of burning flesh and accelerants.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
glad trump was not around he could have blown up and caused massive damage and bullshit getting flung far and wide. well much farther then usual.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
It really takes some dedication to protest by setting yourself on fire. This person along with the Air Force Airman a couple of weeks ago, have been the only ones I remember, outside of the Vietnam protesters that I read about as a kid.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
It appears to have more or less nothing to do with the trial, just using it as a focal point. The manifesto, "The Ponzi Papers" looks like a conspiracy theory, but to me it looks not too far off reality. I mean, it does contain a healthy dose of teh crazy, but there is some, imho, reality in there that is worth taking note of. We all just ignore too much.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It appears to have more or less nothing to do with the trial, just using it as a focal point. The manifesto, "The Ponzi Papers" looks like a conspiracy theory, but to me it looks not too far off reality. I mean, it does contain a healthy dose of teh crazy, but there is some, imho, reality in there that is worth taking note of. We all just ignore too much.

Yeah. I read it. The details themselves aren’t really all that believable. He accuses Trump and Hillary of being the same and probably in cahoots. I highly doubt that. But he was clearly committed to what he believers, and the overall sentiment of his rambling isn’t that far off some of the concerns we’ve expressed on these boards throughout different topics. Just with a veneer of nonsense.

Could be a smart guy suffering a mental health crisis. It takes a lot to set yourself on fire, I’m going to at least listen to someone with that level of commitment. Don’t know if that makes me crazy too… 🤷‍♂️

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Not too surprisingly, he died from his burns. I find this kind of action difficult to comprehend.

He needed help and didn’t get it in time. No sense in trying to rationalize the irrational.

It’s stuff we talk about - the wealthy ruling class, etc - taken to a bit too literally and seriously.

His manifesto or whatever had a lot of true stuff in it and he was probably rational at some point.

Top Bottom
1 2