The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
According to republicans, an acquittal (or, in this case, outright dismissal) must mean there’s no “there” there. That’s just according to their standards.

In this case, there actually wasn’t any “there” there. It was part of their “Biden’s bad border policies” debate. Trump asking Zelensky to dig up dirt while withholding aid is not a policy issue. Overturning an election, inciting an insurrection and using unlawful means to rig an election result is NOT policy.

Drama queens/kings. Jeeeez... what a waste of time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Speaker Johnson wants to pass bills that both parties support and is facing a revolt and possible removal from radical Republicans as a result. Democrats need to step up here and have his back, this isn't about sticking it the other party, it's about doing the work of the people which is something we all need. Put partisanship aside and take the high road here, Dems.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Speaker Johnson wants to pass bills that both parties support and is facing a revolt and possible removal from radical Republicans as a result. Democrats need to step up here and have his back, this isn't about sticking it the other party, it's about doing the work of the people which is something we all need. Put partisanship aside and take the high road here, Dems.

Yep, I’m no Speaker Johnson fan, but if he’s going to listen to the majority of HIS OWN caucus AND the dems, that’s bipartisan work to get things done and he has my support.

It’s mildly amusing he’s using Biden and Democrat lines to sell the bills he’s trying to pass, such as the fact Ukraine aid creates American jobs. Duh, Biden and dems told us that months ago. But hey, better late than never. Less chaos, more work. It also takes a backbone to stand up to the minority in his caucus, so hopefully both sides can do what needs to be done to put the extreme members in the corner where they belong, so the rest of them can get important work done.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This is the time for Speaker Johnson to prove himself - he has a true and honest chance to do what I certainly didn't expect - start bringing people together. I will cheer him on in getting some bipartisan work done and proving me wrong. Maybe you wouldn't know it, but I like being wrong in instances like these. It's not a hardened rule I thought he wasn't up to the job. It was based on his words and actions. There's still the "other guy" he seems attached to, even though said "other guy" wouldn't offer any public support for Johnson - just like he didn't for McCarthy.

Regardless, he has an opportunity. So do the rest of the republicans, to shut the yaps on these chowderheads.

----

Van Orden confirmed that he confronted the group on the floor, telling Axios he called Gaetz "tubby."

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This is the time for Speaker Johnson to prove himself - he has a true and honest chance to do what I certainly didn't expect - start bringing people together. I will cheer him on in getting some bipartisan work done and proving me wrong. Maybe you wouldn't know it, but I like being wrong in instances like these. It's not a hardened rule I thought he wasn't up to the job. It was based on his words and actions. There's still the "other guy" he seems attached to, even though said "other guy" wouldn't offer any public support for Johnson - just like he didn't for McCarthy.

Regardless, he has an opportunity. So do the rest of the republicans, to shut the yaps on these chowderheads.

----

Van Orden confirmed that he confronted the group on the floor, telling Axios he called Gaetz "tubby."

Totally agree, and am optimistic. I didn't see that coming, especially after he met with trump at Mar-a-Lago not long ago.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Totally agree, and am optimistic. I didn't see that coming, especially after he met with trump at Mar-a-Lago not long ago.

Which the Trump family is already paying him back for his loyalty..

Hopefully Speaker Johnson realizes kissing Trump’s arse is a losing proposition. Every. Single. Time.

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is just sad.

Emergency rooms refused to treat pregnant women, leaving one to miscarry in a lobby restroom​

WASHINGTON (AP) — One woman miscarried in the restroom lobby of a Texas emergency room as front desk staff refused to admit her. Another woman learned that her fetus had no heartbeat at a Florida hospital, the day after a security guard turned her away from the facility. And in North Carolina, a woman gave birth in a car after an emergency room couldn’t offer an ultrasound. The baby later died.

Complaints that pregnant women were turned away from U.S. emergency rooms spiked in 2022 after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, federal documents obtained by The Associated Press reveal.

The cases raise alarms about the state of emergency pregnancy care in the U.S., especially in states that enacted strict abortion laws and sparked confusion around the treatment doctors can provide.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This is just sad.

Emergency rooms refused to treat pregnant women, leaving one to miscarry in a lobby restroom​

WASHINGTON (AP) — One woman miscarried in the restroom lobby of a Texas emergency room as front desk staff refused to admit her. Another woman learned that her fetus had no heartbeat at a Florida hospital, the day after a security guard turned her away from the facility. And in North Carolina, a woman gave birth in a car after an emergency room couldn’t offer an ultrasound. The baby later died.

Complaints that pregnant women were turned away from U.S. emergency rooms spiked in 2022 after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, federal documents obtained by The Associated Press reveal.

The cases raise alarms about the state of emergency pregnancy care in the U.S., especially in states that enacted strict abortion laws and sparked confusion around the treatment doctors can provide.

Utter, ancient stupidity.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is just sad.

This is just sad.

this will just get worse as the republicans double down on their insanity. Sadly women will have to suffer to bring this to the conclusion it needs. hey are destroying their whole medical infrastructure too.​

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
When did the Soeaker grow a Johnson? Other than folks such as Crenshaw and whatever few sane republicans are still floating around, he’s had the most forceful and accurate statements on Russia and Putin personally I have heard from the GOP. I’m actually kind of shocked it’s coming from him.

Speaking of that joint appearance he did with Trump on “election integrity”, however…

A Democratic attorney on Monday filed a lawsuit challenging Smith’s petitions, claiming he forged 100 of the 826 signatures and that they “bear a striking resemblance to Smith’s.” The lawsuit included sworn statements from two voters whose signatures appear on Smith’s petitions, saying they did not sign his petitions. It also included images of petition pages that Smith circulated, with every signature appearing to have been signed by one person.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When did the Soeaker grow a Johnson? Other than folks such as Crenshaw and whatever few sane republicans are still floating around, he’s had the most forceful and accurate statements on Russia and Putin personally I have heard from the GOP. I’m actually kind of shocked it’s coming from him.

Speaking of that joint appearance he did with Trump on “election integrity”, however…

A Democratic attorney on Monday filed a lawsuit challenging Smith’s petitions, claiming he forged 100 of the 826 signatures and that they “bear a striking resemblance to Smith’s.” The lawsuit included sworn statements from two voters whose signatures appear on Smith’s petitions, saying they did not sign his petitions. It also included images of petition pages that Smith circulated, with every signature appearing to have been signed by one person.
Yeah I don't agree with his politics but he's been trying to do the right thing on many fronts and I think it behooves Democrats to work with him where they agree, both parties should be doing this for the better of everyone IMO.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Congress is actually functioning the opposite of how it should. These aid packages and the border bill have the votes in the house. Most time is usually spent whipping votes for bills that don’t have quite enough support, not killing bills that have bipartisan support and the votes to pass.

Anything that gets the ball moving back in the right direction is only going to benefit everyone - most people win reelection when the mood is good and things get done. Only the asshats will lose out, which is another winning situation for everyone else.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah this isn't going to sit well with Republicans.

US House Speaker Johnson says that China's president Xi Jinping, Russia's Putin and Iran are 'truly the axis of evil'

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Letting my imagination run wild, consider this scenario:

Johnson goes along with bi-partisan things this year, keeping enough Dems in his corner to not get ousted by the freaks. Then comes the election, and it's close, and he's there to use his Speaker powers to Trump's favor. Trump wins, Johnson gets to say "This was my plan (and God's, of course) all along!" You're welcome!

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Letting my imagination run wild, consider this scenario:

Johnson goes along with bi-partisan things this year, keeping enough Dems in his corner to not get ousted by the freaks. Then comes the election, and it's close, and he's there to use his Speaker powers to Trump's favor. Trump wins, Johnson gets to say "This was my plan (and God's, of course) all along!" You're welcome!

Luckily, I think Congress has limited the ability to pull another J6, and I don’t think republicans are smart enough to pull off such a stunt, or capable of holding together long enough if they were.

Ever since a few members have left early, rumors are swirling there are more GOP members eying an early exit. Johnson is getting ripped by the base, so not cluing them in on this may not work out too well in November.

Speaker Johnson’s next act should be to pass the border deal. That would also pass both chambers with bipartisan support if brought for a vote.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2