Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ooops:

"Google and X, formerly Twitter, recently provided hundreds of files to Michigan prosecutors for their 2020 election subversion probe, complying with search warrants that investigators obtained after CNN revealed secret social media accounts belonging to pro-Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro, who played a major role in the fake electors plot."

Heh:

“It would help to publicize that if (then-Vice President Mike) Pence claims the power to resolve disputes about the electoral votes on Jan. 6, he’d simply be doing what (Thomas) Jefferson did,” Chesebro told Hoft in a message on December 27, 2020."

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I’m really hoping this guy jumps the shark.

That is a hope in vain, though. The jumping of the shark

Fonzie-jumps-the-shark-1.jpg

occurred at the beginning of season 5. Happy Days continued on through season 11. We do not have to wait for Individual-ONE to jump the shark: he did it already, even before Fonzi.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lardo is in contempt. Basically not a punishment at all - BUT - Trump is in a foul mood. Him being told what to do, or even having to sit while a judge tells him "YOU ARE IN CONTEMPT" is the same to him as having to pay the fines would be to us. He looks foul, he smells foul, and he's in a foul mood. That's a big win in my book.

According to the order, "THEREFORE, Defendant is hereby warned that the Court will not tolerate continued willful violations of its lawful orders and that if necessary and appropriate under the circumstances, it will impose an incarceratory punishment."

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone explain why SCOTUS would punt the Total Immunity decision until after November, when they all seemingly don't believe in it. So why the f*****g DELAY?
If they decide now, then it would be giving great power to Biden. They don’t want to do that. But they don’t want to say no and risk the wrath of TFG.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Lardo is in contempt. Basically not a punishment at all - BUT - Trump is in a foul mood. Him being told what to do, or even having to sit while a judge tells him "YOU ARE IN CONTEMPT" is the same to him as having to pay the fines would be to us. He looks foul, he smells foul, and he's in a foul mood. That's a big win in my book.

According to the order, "THEREFORE, Defendant is hereby warned that the Court will not tolerate continued willful violations of its lawful orders and that if necessary and appropriate under the circumstances, it will impose an incarceratory punishment."

I suspect trump views the $9,000 in fines as a mere advertising expense letting his followers know how unfairly he's being treated by the justice system and those testifying against him.

Hopefully his next gag order violation will force him to accept the hospitality offered at the local lockup.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I suspect trump views the $9,000 in fines as a mere advertising expense letting his followers know how unfairly he's being treated by the justice system and those testifying against him.

Hopefully his next gag order violation will force him to accept the hospitality offered at the local lockup.
Another hearing on thursday about 4 more violations. I expect $4k fines, and anything after that is jail time.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they decide now, then it would be giving great power to Biden. They don’t want to do that. But they don’t want to say no and risk the wrath of TFG.

Pretty much it. The jury is out on the three Trump judges, but Alito and Thomas are in the pocket for Trump and their rich donors.

Luckily, they're old and hopefully close to a sudden breaking news announcement.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
@Cmaier, Justice Thomas raised the point and it was also part of an amicus brief filed a few months ago regarding Jack Smith's legality in his position since he was never confirmed by the Senate.

Do you think that SCOTUS could punt the immunity issue and simply rule on the case based on him not having the authority to prosecute?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Do you think that SCOTUS could punt the immunity issue and simply rule on the case based on him not having the authority to prosecute?

Probably not. He was indicted by a grand jury, which I suspect makes the case active. SCotUS does not rule on cases (guilt/innocence) themselves, only on procedural matters. DoJ might be forced to put another prosecutor in charge of the case, but Jack Smith would probably simply be deputized and continue to carry it forward.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
@Cmaier, Justice Thomas raised the point and it was also part of an amicus brief filed a few months ago regarding Jack Smith's legality in his position since he was never confirmed by the Senate.

No. It was not listed as an issue to be decided when SCOTUS took the case. (Nor does the argument make any sense, since Smith is answerable to the AG, and people who work for the AG do not need to be approved by the senate)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
No. It was not listed as an issue to be decided when SCOTUS took the case. (Nor does the argument make any sense, since Smith is answerable to the AG, and people who work for the AG do not need to be approved by the senate)

So that basically proves that Thomas is a partisan idealogue for entertaining that. He could have just ignored it. But no, he’s either a partisan tool or ignorant to the point that he shouldn’t be on the bench.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Since Trump fancies himself a mob boss type leader I think there’s going to be too much attempted emphasis on Cohen being a liar who is the first to tell you he lied on behalf of protecting Trump. At least in recent history, when mob members flip on the organization or boss it seems juries aren’t going “I can’t trust that mob member because they did criminal mob member things”. They probably trust them more because they were a deeply connected mob member.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
So that basically proves that Thomas is a partisan idealogue for entertaining that. He could have just ignored it. But no, he’s either a partisan tool or ignorant to the point that he shouldn’t be on the bench.
I don't think he's ignorant. He's a partisan hack with an election-denying, insurrectionist wife who wants to keep his and her rich patrons and their Dear Leader happy.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He doesn’t want his wife to go to jail.

That’s one of the most insane things among many. His wife wasn’t just skeptical of the election results. She was actively behind the scenes trying to help get them overturned and it's well documented.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think he's ignorant. He's a partisan hack with an election-denying, insurrectionist wife who wants to keep his and her rich patrons and their Dear Leader happy.

I think nobody at the top is pro Trump. They’re pro project 2025 that maintains and grows their wealth and power. Trump is just an easily manipulated tool to implement that who, like them, operates almost entirely on spite and above the law privilege. They despise the majority of the American people. They’re done promoting lies about things getting better under their leadership and instead will shift to a police state where anybody who complains loudly about the suckage will get punished by the government or their aligned armed goons. This will be peppered with scapegoats that aren't the problem with heavy emphasis on culture wars that keep eyeballs away from the wealthy as far as possible.

Top Bottom
1 2