What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ever true to my word, we watched Ep 1 last night. It was difficult to not keep watching. Fortunately, I was exhausted from driving all day and ready to hit the rack. I expect great things from this season, especially since they’ve already green-lighted season 3.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As a refresher for For All Mankind, Season 4 re-watched Stranger in a Strange Land (S3 E10)… what an episode! 😯

IMG_3085.jpeg

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ever true to my word, we watched Ep 1 last night. It was difficult to not keep watching. Fortunately, I was exhausted from driving all day and ready to hit the rack. I expect great things from this season, especially since they’ve already green-lighted season 3.
Episode 4 dropped tonight and I was on it like Reacher on an abusive dog owner.

I don’t think it’s giving too much away by saying
there’s a great tie-in with season 1.

(Yeah, I still used spoiler tags because I know some folks are ultra sensitive about these things.)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Watched S2E1 last night. It was great.

First the T2 reference and then they mentioned Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh. I love it but the wife hates it.

Was ready to go straight into E2 but the wife made us hold off. :oops: :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

(Yeah, I still used spoiler tags because I know some folks are ultra sensitive about these things.)
I don’t think that’s a spoiler.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Through E3. I was correct in my thinking that in the book they were in LA and Vegas, not NYC and AC. Doesn't change the story much.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Oh did that make me happy!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Season 5 of Fargo isn’t quite matching the highs of season 2 but it’s becoming my 2nd favorite season quickly.

Jennifer Jason Leigh’s scene with Jon Hamm in episode 5 was gold, with a savage takedown of Libertarians.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (2023-, AppleTV)- Episode 6, this is good. Happy to see Kurt and Wyatt Russell playing the young, old version of the same character. What I’m not sure of is Monarch, the organization that tracks “Titans”, was it there from the start, close to the start, or I’ll assume added just as the basis for an origins story?

IMG_3089.png

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi (2023 series, Disney+)- “You should have killed me when you had the chance” takes on a new tortured meaning in a mostly meaningless sequel. I do like Ewan McGregor though… 🤔

IMG_3090.jpeg

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi (2023 series, Disney+)- “You should have killed me when you had the chance” takes on a new tortured meaning in a mostly meaningless sequel. I do like Ewan McGregor though… 🤔

Have to agree. Ewan McGregor as Kenobi is my favorite part of the prequels overall, and yet, this seemed to add nothing of real value. It was a bridge story that didn't need to exist.

Andor, Mandalorian and Ahsoka are the ones worth watching IMO. Ahsoka is a bit rough, but I like the themes and ideas it laid down, and by the end of the season, I was pretty invested in the characters, even the villains. It was also nice to see Hayden get to play a post-Vader Anakin and come across a bit more nuanced and interesting than how he was written in the prequels.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
First, Reacher S2 finale tonight. Can't wait.
Thanks for the post. I just realized I didn't see episode 7, so I'll probably watch it and the finale in one sitting. I just hope they wrap things up like they did with season 1 - I hate cliffhangers that make me wait a year or more to find out what happens.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Have to agree. Ewan McGregor as Kenobi is my favorite part of the prequels overall, and yet, this seemed to add nothing of real value. It was a bridge story that didn't need to exist.

Andor, Mandalorian and Ahsoka are the ones worth watching IMO. Ahsoka is a bit rough, but I like the themes and ideas it laid down, and by the end of the season, I was pretty invested in the characters, even the villains. It was also nice to see Hayden get to play a post-Vader Anakin and come across a bit more nuanced and interesting than how he was written in the prequels.
Yeah the Obi-Wan Kenobi S1 story line seemed to be wedged in, but by far the best lightsaber battle of the Disney+ series. It would be nice to see if there is something else interesting that happened, other than waiting for Luke to arrive with R2 and 3PO.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Second, tried True Detective: Night Country and made it half way through E1 and had to quit. Neither of us could get into it.

I don't think any future True Detective seasons will be as good as its first. Harrelson and McConaughey were just too good together as a team. We've probably watched the first season 3-4 times.

We'll give TD Night Country a whirl and see how it goes.

ArgoDuck

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Canon

We’ve been a little disappointed that in this season Reacher’s been made a bit of a hot-head. In the books his core attributes were awareness and smarts first, violence only when and as necessary.

We can see there needed to be room for the rest of the team to show their smarts…but at the cost of Reacher’s?

That said, we’re enjoying it well enough, albeit my partner a little less than me

Top Bottom
1 2