What Movie Are You Watching?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
For those who are interested in the art, lives, and travels of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, check out this just released documentary, "Frida." It’s a beautiful mixture of archived films, still photos, animations, and is superbly narrated. I enjoyed it more than the movie "Frida" with Selma Hayek from 20 or so years ago. It's on Amazon Prime.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We just watched part I of the newest Mission Impossible movie. I can only compare it to Titanic. They could have cut out 40 minutes without losing anything.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3153.jpeg
Pride and Prejudice
(2005)- A favorite early 19th Century romance set in England, so well done. Outstanding characters all around. It’s practically impossible not to like this. :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 28834Pride and Prejudice (2005)- A favorite early 19th Century romance set in England, so well done. Outstanding characters all around. It’s practically impossible not to like this. :D

This story reflects an interesting historical fact regarding inheritance laws in 19th Century England that limited women’s’ ability to inherit.

So if you had a bunch of daughters, you mostly hoped you get them married off.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Elvis (2022)- Good movie, the early years were great, I enjoyed the story being told from the perspective of the Colonel (Tom Hanks). Austin Butler who I just enjoyed watching in Masters if the Air, does a great job portraying Elvis. He even sings as Elvis in the first half of the movie.

It’s amazing (even though acting) is watching young female teens lose their minds watching this performer gyrate on the stage. :)

IMG_3156.jpeg

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
We just watched part I of the newest Mission Impossible movie. I can only compare it to Titanic. They could have cut out 40 minutes without losing anything.
They could’ve not made it at all and not lost much. And I hate these two-part money grabs, though they’re hardly the first to do that. I’m afraid the M:I series has just become a vehicle for Cruise to demonstrate his considerable stunt abilities at the expense of solid storytelling.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
On the other hand, we’ve spent the last 3 nights watching the first 3 Tremors movies. The first two held up, while the other 4 (5?) were never that got to start with.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Offer.

It's a ten episode series about the making of The Godfather. Not a documentary, but rather a movie using actors to recreate how the movie was made, including problems and issues that came up during its production.

The acting was a little ho-hum in the beginning, but improved a lot during the series. It was entertaining.

Top Bottom
1 2