1 in 4 high school students identifies as LGBTQ

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ok with paying them pennies on the dollar compared to men’s sports. That is not “perfectly OK.” That is men saying “when it suits our purposes.”

This is a tough one. Men get paid more simply because they generate more revenue than the women in most sports. Tennis being the exception.

Should NASCAR drivers make as much as F1 drivers even though F1 makes almost as much profit as NASCAR does total revenue?

Yeah, focus on the most insigificant issue. Classic diversion, and we are not falling for it.

Might be the most insignificant to YOU. But it's not to the girls it affects.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a tough one. Men get paid more simply because they generate more revenue than the women in most sports. Tennis being the exception.

Should NASCAR drivers make as much as F1 drivers even though F1 makes almost as much profit as NASCAR does total revenue?

well I ma sure its the most important thing above loss of body autonomy reproductive rights crappy medical care little done about violence against them and on and on and on.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Girls that get 4th place in a competition experience disappointment, frustration, sometimes anger. People with gender dysphoria issues experience chronic depression and a much higher tendency toward suicide. I think significance, while somewhat subjective, can be reasonably assessed here in broad scope.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Girls that get 4th place in a competition experience disappointment, frustration, sometimes anger. People with gender dysphoria issues experience chronic depression and a much higher tendency toward suicide. I think significance, while somewhat subjective, can be reasonably assessed here in broad scope.

Maybe, but I also know deep down if I won by having an unfair advantage, I wouldn't want the win. That would bother me as much, maybe even more, as getting 4th.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
These kids deserve better, Republicans are in the wrong here, they don't have the public's support and would rather see them die rather than be accepted for who they are. Fine for now but @Herdfan this mentality is going to cost your party everything and unfortunately that's what it will take to stop this onslaught of intolerance.

The latest from an actual Republican lawmaker:

Montana Republican Lawmaker Suggested She'd Prefer Her Daughter Die By Suicide Than Transition​

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Montana Republican Lawmaker Suggested She'd Prefer Her Daughter Die By Suicide Than Transition
its easy to say that shit when you don't have to live by it. these asshats are the ones that chase their kids onto the streets cause they offend them so much. such horrible people.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
My take-away from that video: she observes that the sharp rise in gender dysphoria has primarily been among girls. What that says is not really about sexuality but about how much it really sucks to be a female in a strong patriarchy. We treat girls and women like shit, and these individuals really want no part of that. If we move toward making it not suck hard to be a woman, or stop worshipping at the altar of masculinity and strict gender role definition, a fair fraction of gender dysphoria and transgenderism would evaporate.

I think there are many factors in play, but I definitely think that’s part of it. I agree there are certainly ways women are still oppressed in our society. Certainly the SCOTUS abortion decision can give the sense women do not have control over their bodies or the rules that govern our society. That said, I think perception and outlooks is a big part of this. Women have more rights and equality than ever and their prospects are very good in terms of attainment. Especially compared to younger men these days many of whom are struggling to get their footing in life. Many GenZ and Millennials have a pessimistic outlook of the future for a number of reasons and is probably intertwined with high rates of depression/anxiety.

Similarly, some suggest that transgenderism may be related to girl’s who anre uncomfortable with the profound changes their bodies go through during puberty- as many girls do. Also girls and young women who do not feel their appearance does fit the societal standards of “beauty” or who have interests that do not align with conventional expectations of womanhood.

There may also be some females that are ashamed of being homosexual, especially if they are more masculine in that respect. I think it’s fair to say lesbians have different stigmas attached by society than gay men and more masculine lesbians are treated differently than feminine lesbians.

To be clear I do not believe status is a universal factor in all cases, but it may in part explain the profound rise in recent years. There are other issues that exist.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
These kids deserve better, Republicans are in the wrong here, they don't have the public's support and would rather see them die rather than be accepted for who they are. Fine for now but @Herdfan this mentality is going to cost your party everything and unfortunately that's what it will take to stop this onslaught of intolerance.

The latest from an actual Republican lawmaker:

Montana Republican Lawmaker Suggested She'd Prefer Her Daughter Die By Suicide Than Transition​

THIS IS FALSE!

HELENA — A Republican state lawmaker spoke out Monday, saying she’s faced personal attacks and even death threats over remarks she made during the debate over a bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender youth – remarks she said were misconstrued.
Rep. Kerri Seekins-Crowe, R-Billings, held a news conference outside the State Capitol on Monday, where she sharply criticized social media posts and media reports that she said took her statements out of context and assumed her motives – without speaking to her.

“This experience should be a lesson and a warning – a lesson to those living in the false reality of Twitter and online media, and those in the mainstream media who amplify unverified sources: Do better,” she said.

On March 23, Seekins-Crowe carried Senate Bill 99 on the House floor. At the end of the debate, she responded to opponents of the bill, who argued that withholding gender-affirming care could lead to a higher risk of suicide. She told a story about her own daughter, who had struggled with thoughts of suicide.

“Someone once asked me, wouldn't I just do anything to help save her?” Seekins-Crowe said. “And I really had to think. And the answer was no. I was not going to give in to her emotional manipulation, because she was incapable of making those decisions and I had to make those decisions for her. I was not going to let her tear apart my family, and I was not going to let her tear apart me, because I had to be strong for her. I had to have vision for her life when she had none.”

Seekins-Crowe’s daughter is not transgender. However, last week, posts on social media began recirculating a clip of those remarks, and some of those posts assumed that her daughter had been transgender – which was not accurate.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
THIS IS FALSE!

Yeah "Montana Rep. Seekins-Crowe says social media, reports took her out of context" doesn't make it "false", but kudos for screaming it in caps, really drove it home. :ROFLMAO:

FYI, in her own words:
"Seekins-Crowe said in her speech. "Someone once asked me, 'Wouldn't I just do anything to help save her?' And I really had to think and the answer was, 'No.'"

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yeah "Montana Rep. Seekins-Crowe says social media, reports took her out of context" doesn't make it "false", but kudos for screaming it in caps, really drove it home. :ROFLMAO:

FYI, in her own words:

Well you can believe her own words or not. It's up to you.

Now what she said about not doing anything to save a suicidal kid is fair game, but it has nothing to do with the kid being trans.

Top Bottom
1 2