17 Year-old Blue Lives Matter Activist with AR 15 Charged With Murder After Two Killed at Protest

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Not. A. Precedent.
p4elmkxvj8181.jpg
That scope, though… 😆

U

User.45

That scope, though… 😆
I know. The scope is the most. undefendable choice here. But I think the idea is that his 16-year-old daughter will cover him while he's sniping.

I think the US is far beyond a boiling point. Just look at how many school shootings there are on a fairly regular basis. Many people don't even realise it, because it's the old frog in a slow boiling pot being boiled alive scenario.
This is why I get extremely pissed when someone implies that this is normal. Nothing is normal in this, except for one thing:
weapon manufacturers making bank.

U

User.45

Open carry of semi-automatic rifles was not normal not that long ago in the US. I can only see one outcome and that is the pot boiling over.
It cannot be normal for long time. It’s like smoking, leaded fuel, climate change or COVID. We’ll always get a set of men swearing it’s all good, because they promise.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not. A. Precedent.
p4elmkxvj8181.jpg
The reality is that people of color have always been in more danger, especially when they are holding a gun. But with this 2A craziness, at least they have leveled the playing field somewhat. The irony is that blacks have the exact same reasons to arm themselves as fearful whites who got the arm yourself movement started.

Actually what I’m waiting to see some racist geniuses come up with no minorities with gun zones.

Despite the 2A, guns should be illegal at protests period. The problem is that culturally this country is too far gone, and the gun nuts outnumber the police. It’s a mental movement and the people of color better get themselves armed to stand any kind of a chance.

And if you are a anti-gun liberal, you’d better get yourself armed up for the near future conflict in this country when the Trump shitheads decide if conservative (gun owners) don’t win an election it could only be because it was stolen. If you get enough of these people populating the police and armed force, we are in deep shit, you’d better be armed.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes first time people show up at rally’s with rifles and such. Never happened before 2020 and before this trial. Never. Finally the precedent is in.

But you know, I ain’t no expert.
I’d like you to clarify if your statement is a general statement or if the first time seeing rifles at a protest is attributed to this image of 2 people of color carrying rifles at a protest? I’m confident this is no where near the first time firearms including rifles have been brought to a protest.

I’d also be curious to know how you feel about weapons at a protest? My standard is that protest with weapons is a terrible idea, a recipe for disaster.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Open carry of semi-automatic rifles was not normal not that long ago in the US. I can only see one outcome and that is the pot boiling over.
This should not be viewed as a new development, but the natural evolution of the 2A movement in this country, starting in the 1960s at the hands of a variety of Pro-Gun forces who don’t trust authority or democracy. Hand gun, long gun, semi-automatic rifle, machine gun, bazooka, you just can’t be too safe. :oops:

This also includes redefining self defense allowing people with guns to murder those without and walk based on a simple statement, I feared for my life... and I had a gun. Early example Zimmerman-Martin, latest example Rittenhouse. This is a direct result of the US gun movement. And at this point IMO, there is only one viable solution to restablish the status quo, arm everyone. :unsure:

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I’d like you to clarify if your statement is a general statement or if the first time seeing rifles at a protest is attributed to this image of 2 people of color carrying rifles at a protest? I’m confident this is no where near the first time firearms including rifles have been brought to a protest.

Mine was intended as a sarcastic remark on the fact that firearms - including rifles etc. - at a protest/rally in the US is nothing new.
I’d also be curious to know how you feel about weapons at a protest? My standard is that protest with weapons is a terrible idea, a recipe for disaster.
Of course it’s a terrible idea.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Don’t forget, Ronald Reagan banned open carry in California when he was governor. Why? Black people were carrying openly. And Republicans were VERY supportive of restricting 2nd amendment rights... if the “wrong” people are exercising those rights.

U

User.45

Mine was intended as a sarcastic remark on the fact that firearms - including rifles etc. - at a protest/rally in the US is nothing new.

Simple, @yaxomoxay implies that precedent is another word for novelty. Webster and I think it means a preceding event that guides future decision making.

Ironically the photo I posted is as close as it gets to cover both of these definitions when applied to the KR trial. Unless we now think that armed minors open carrying at protests are nothing new.

It only took a day to prove me correct.

U

User.45

Don’t forget, Ronald Reagan banned open carry in California when he was governor. Why? Black people were carrying openly. And Republicans were VERY supportive of restricting 2nd amendment rights... if the “wrong” people are exercising those rights.

This is why I have an ambivalent feeling coming over me when I see Blacks open carry. I'm repulsed, but I also know that there's nothing more effective to convince White people about the need for gun control.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is why I have an ambivalent feeling coming over me when I see Blacks open carry. I'm repulsed, but I also know that there's nothing more effective to convince White people about the need for gun control.
Word is that was the original origins of gun control, was keeping guns out of former slave's hand, a racial motivation, a sad history with more cementing the racist history of the US. The thing is the white privileged will likely use a favored narrative of why minorities with guns are a real threat, and whites are just defending themselves. :unsure:

I've always been pro-gun control, but at this point in time, if you are not armed, you are at a distinct disadvantage during 2A mania. A significant portion of the country seems to prefer bullets, or the threat of bullets over laws that hinder their ability to caress Precious including in public.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Simple, @yaxomoxay implies that precedent is another word for novelty. Webster and I think it means a preceding event that guides future decision making.
I love how you’re on my case but don’t even try to read, let alone understand, what I write.

I wrote myself that on a political and practical level, the Rittenhouse trial is a precedent and one that worries me. Which is, I guess, what your picture is meant to signify. Historically, your picture is nothing new (albeit disturbing as always) and unchanged from before the trial. Politically and practically, yes - this trial will be used by individuals in their decision making process.

When you asked, I wrote my reply in English. I wrote it in clear terms that would be understood by a third grader. And I wrote it separating legal, historical, political, and practical “precedent” because the term can be applied at different levels with different outcomes and meanings. The word “novelty” - or it being attached to this topic - applied so generically is of your making, not mine.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Whether you think it was justified or not, the fact is he went out of his way to go to a volatile location and ended up killing 2 people based on the fact that he was there. Anybody thinking that alone qualifies him for a political job is beyond sick and symbolic of the complete moral decay of some of our representatives. It’s profoundly disturbing.

U

User.45

The word “novelty” - or it being attached to this topic - applied so generically is of your making, not mine.
Well, if you fail to actually define terms, I can only work with what you're giving me:
As a precedent as in “weapons at a protest/rally” this doesn’t create a precedent either, both for concealed and unconcealed weapons.
Historically, your picture is nothing new (albeit disturbing as always) and unchanged from before the trial.
The moment armed minors got involved, your ad nauseam repeated "armed protests are nothing new" and "not a precedent" arguments went out the window and you know it.

To be quantitative, if you google ("armed minor*" AND "protest*") with a time filter on, you'll get about 9 hits from the history of time to 2020. And then 23 hits from 2020. If you remove the time filter, most posts will be about KR, and a few discussing the photo above. So please don't even try gaslighting about this.

So to summarize it, after I pointed out how WI's law on minors open carrying is open to interpretation, within a day a parent decided that it's appropriate to arm their child, take them to a heated protest, and in the absence of her getting slapped with a Class A misdemeanor, we can also say that the law's new interpretation is clear now.

U

User.45

Word is that was the original origins of gun control, was keeping guns out of former slave's hand, a racial motivation, a sad history with more cementing the racist history of the US. The thing is the white privileged will likely use a favored narrative of why minorities with guns are a real threat, and whites are just defending themselves. :unsure:
Yes, that's the history I'm familiar with too. (Based on wikipedia diving few years back)

I've always been pro-gun control, but at this point in time, if you are not armed, you are at a distinct disadvantage during 2A mania. A significant portion of the country seems to prefer bullets, or the threat of bullets over laws that hinder their ability to caress Precious including in public.
Here's the major issue. What are the drivers of 2A mania? Prehistoric human behavior and gun lobby capitalizing on it. Throwing your money at the gun lobby will not make things better. One issue in America is that people have a very poor understanding of the safety of their environment. I lived in numerous "murder capitals" in the USA, never had a gun. Hardly witnessed a crime, let alone got mugged or murdered.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, if you fail to actually define terms, I can only work with what you're giving me:

The moment armed minors got involved, your ad nauseam repeated "armed protests are nothing new" and "not a precedent" arguments went out the window and you know it.

To be quantitative, if you google ("armed minor*" AND "protest*") with a time filter on, you'll get about 9 hits from the history of time to 2020. And then 23 hits from 2020. If you remove the time filter, most posts will be about KR, and a few discussing the photo above. So please don't even try gaslighting about this.

So to summarize it, after I pointed out how WI's law on minors open carrying is open to interpretation, within a day a parent decided that it's appropriate to arm their child, take them to a heated protest, and in the absence of her getting slapped with a Class A misdemeanor, we can also say that the law's new interpretation is clear now.
We often see child soldiers in 3rd world conflicts. Now it’s happening in America with armed children at culture war protests killing people. There is lots of precedent for children being enlisted to fight in other parts of the world... but is that what we want for America?

Top Bottom
1 2