2021 NFL Season

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I know halftime was meant for people my kids’ age, but I really enjoyed it. Dre is one talented man! And the pipes on Mary J have not rusted at all over the years!
I enjoyed it too! So many old farts seemed to get triggered. I just enjoyed it for what it was & I took that to be one hell of a celebration. The audience in the stands seemed to like it judging by their reaction at the end!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I enjoyed it too! So many old farts seemed to get triggered. I just enjoyed it for what it was & I took that to be one hell of a celebration. The audience in the stands seemed to like it judging by their reaction at the end!
This made me laugh, just after talking to my 93 year old Dad who was raging about the half time trash entertainment at the Super Bowl, it’s another world they call that entertainment? Now I did not watch it, so I can’t judge or rage. :D

Imo the only way to really enjoy football is to maybe have favorite teams but don’t be overly emotionally vested in them so you can enjoy a game for the good plays and teamwork.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
We could get rid of replay completely and just let the chips fall where they may. Games would go faster, and sports writers would have more bad calls to write about!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I believe a tweet I read earlier & this article kind of sum it up best with the half time show.

The tweet basically pointed out how the NFL after having The Who or the Stones play halftime realized they weren't appealing to the potential audience they wanted to attract & keep through out the presentation. So the moves to ever diverse "younger" acts began, along with all the attention that it drew.

Hip-hop, unlike rock and roll, is still a relatively new genre of music. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are pioneers of the art form, but Snoop is 50 and Dre turns 57 later this week. The people who were still young when NWA and The Eastsidaz scared the hell out of middle-aged Americans. Those kids are the middle-aged Americans now, and maybe their children, nieces, and nephews are just old enough to remember Dre in his heyday, but even if they’re not, they at least know he’s friends with Kendrick Lamar.

It’s the reason why this show was so highly anticipated. It was truly targeted for the average American. That’s why the energy level in SoFi Stadium was in the red for most of the performance. Most of us know the words to “Next Episode,” “California Love,” “In Da Club,” and “Lose Yourself.” So even if your purpose of flying to LAX was to watch the Bengals, or fighting L.A. traffic on a Sunday afternoon to see the Rams, it was a show that could grab you by the chest and shake you into at least a head nod.

It goes to show that sometimes universal appeal comes in a different-looking package, and makes a crowd of 70,000 feel like a club of diehards, even if it’s only for a few minutes.

The hardcore NFL fan is sticking it out, even if they do spend the halftime show bitching about the acts. The fans that help the Super Bowl draw are the fans of the spectacle. When your viewership has been diminishing, you do what you can to attract as much attention possible.

For me personally, I didn't care which team won. I was looking forward to the commercials & halftime show though.

Also don't google Mike Pence & the Bengals, if you don't want political jokes.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Well, the half that could see it anyway. LOL.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
cxsgmc4z1th81.jpg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I didn't know how bad the inflation was until I saw 50 cent. Looks like he was a bout 5.50.

And on another note... With all the EV commercials, how long do you think it will be until Joe six-pack MAGA and FOX news get on the save our ICE soapbox?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
These damn 50 year old kids and their half time shows. If they don’t bring the Cab Calloway hologram next year I’m done. That was a real performer.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I didn’t like any of the music picked for the halftime show... but I almost never do, since I’m not a fan of most popular music.

I think they chose artists that reflected Los Angeles in the 1990s. The Super Bowl generally picks more “established” (aka old) artists, so this fit with their past picks. No surprise there.

I don’t see a point to getting angry at the halftime show. Just because it wasn’t your taste in music? If you don’t like it, take a break during halftime and do the dishes like I did.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I didn't know how bad the inflation was until I saw 50 cent. Looks like he was a bout 5.50.

And on another note... With all the EV commercials, how long do you think it will be until Joe six-pack MAGA and FOX news get on the save our ICE soapbox?
I noticed the Polestar commercial was selling them as the anti-Tesla. The Hyundai Ioniq just sold the car instead. I like Hyundai’s strategy better.

And WTF with the commercial of a QR code bouncing around the screen like a screen saver for 30 seconds? Just stupid. Like I’m gonna get out my phone and take a pic of the screen to find out what it is? Nope. I think somebody said it was a cryptocurrency ad. Sounds about right. They flushed a few million down the toilet, just like you will if you buy into the latest cryptocurrency. Now THAT is truth in advertising!

Top Bottom
1 2