Apple “pausing” ads on X/Twitter

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about SpaceX's Starship having to be destroyed this morning.

On one hand, the company's progress in technology has been remarkable, especially when you consider the history of spaceflight and how difficult it remains. But I hate that Musk remains CEO of the company that's responsible for such a large percentage of launches. A YouTuber I follow who creates space-related content consistently refers to "Elon's" tweets, which to me ignores how despicable Musk has become, even prior to his latest anti-semitic post.

To use @Cmaier's analogy, it'd be like referring to a statement by Hitler about the Nazis' rocket program by saying "Adolph said..." I sort of liked to see Musk suffer a personal failure.

It's past time for companies and institutions to stop supporting Musk by remaining on X.

jbailey

Power User
Reaction score
Seeing that Musk’s rocket blew up this morning, I’m reminded that Hitler also started a car company and built rockets…
I still have high hopes for SpaceX. I wish Musk was not an a**hole but SpaceX is fulfilling a dream I’ve had since I was a kid the 1970s. It’s taken far too long to get here.

As for the rocket blowing up, the launch was at least moderately successful. Cleared the tower with all 33 engines through the whole booster phase and then successful stage separation and Starship engines up until SECO. Main goals accomplished.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Ford was trying to put a one-year clause one the Lightning because there was some concern about scalping.
Yeah, this is not the first time it’s happened. Often happens for high-end sports cars, too.

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully this pause becomes a permanent situation. I recently disabled my main Twitter account and started using a new one (different email and everything) and I can't overstate how bad the situation is with the "For You" timeline on a new account (I had 1000+ people blocked on my previous account). About 1/10th of the posts I saw in my timeline (mind you: a new account, following very few people) were from accounts with names similar to "Morbid Knowledge", "Moments before death", "CCTV Idiots", "Criminals getting what they deserve" or things like that, basically people dying or getting killed, sometimes quite graphically. If this is the average experience of getting a new account in Twitter in 2023, I can't see why any respectable vendor would want to have their ads shown among this kind of content. Maybe that's why most of the ads I got were basically for scam sites. But I can't fathom how's possible for Twitter to be able to keep paying the bills if this is the state of the platform. Where is the money coming from?

Top Bottom
1 2