Apple appeals Epic ruling

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score

Among other things, a nation-wide injunction for violating California state law does seem problematic.
Yep! This injunction is pretty clearly unconstitutional.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I guess the logic of it would be that Apple is based in California, which means that every App Store related transaction (including in-app purchases, which are mediated by Apple servers) takes place at least half in California, so all store activity would be governed by California law.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess the logic of it would be that Apple is based in California, which means that every App Store related transaction (including in-app purchases, which are mediated by Apple servers) takes place at least half in California, so all store activity would be governed by California law.
The court didn’t look into where the servers are. The court also didn’t explain its theory.

quarkysg

Power User
Reaction score
How about sales tax then?

It should only be at the point of sale IMHO, not where the company is based.

Top Bottom
1 2