Bernie to force Senate vote on $2,000 stimulus checks

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The House passed the $2,000 stimulus check. Next it goes to the bill shredder McConnell. This is where it gets interesting. Bernie is going to object to the defense spending bill if the Senate refuses to vote on the $2,000 stimulus check. Apparently this will force the vote and/or make Congress work through holiday weekend. Bonus, with the Georgia Senate election coming next week do the Republicans really want their refusal to give American's more money weighing heavily on the minds of voters in a state that isn't exactly known for vast wealth? Oh, and Trump wants Americans to have $2,000. :D

Since Republicans completely lack a sense of irony, I can't wait for them to say how a big part of the defense bill is going towards raises for service men and women. Like $2,000 tax free raises?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So it looks like they actually will be debating it today. If Democrats had any balls one of them would list all those at the top who received money from the last covid bill who didn't qualify or need it and got little more than a "Not cool, bro." wag of the finger as punishment.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Things mostly went as planned, but McConnell wants a joint bill that will punish social networks for not allowing them to freely spread lies as facts....or some shit.

I'd also like to know who all these fiscal conservative voters are who Republicans haven't given a shit about under Trump until it was suggested Americans would be better off with a $2,000 check. Do they honestly believe they'll lose a substantial amount of voters if they pass it? Have they ever ventured outside a gated community?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s an interesting correlation with the 1%. What percentage of the Senate does it take to completely block voting on a bill? Exactly 1%. So in most cases you have 1% of the Senate successfully blocking legislation that would upset the top wealthy 1%. What a great democracy.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Things mostly went as planned, but McConnell wants a joint bill that will punish social networks for not allowing them to freely spread lies as facts....or some shit.

I'd also like to know who all these fiscal conservative voters are who Republicans haven't given a shit about under Trump until it was suggested Americans would be better off with a $2,000 check. Do they honestly believe they'll lose a substantial amount of voters if they pass it? Have they ever ventured outside a gated community?
That section 230 thing is for one reason only: Trump is butt-hurt because his lying tweets are flagged. The House will never sign onto that baloney. Mitch still sucking up to Trump? Why?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You have to hand it to muscomitch though, he is literally America's greatest troll, given cover because a large portion of Americans voted a different @$$hole to the presidency. The man literally gives no 'F's and smiles while he shits on anyone that can provide no large financial gain. This guy is such a turdle that now America finally ( at least on Twitter ) is focused on the Kentucky that keeps this man in power.

Politics · Trending
Kentuckians
Some focus shifts to the Kentuckians who reelected Mitch McConnell after the Senate majority leader blocks the vote on $2,000 COVID-19 relief payments following House approval
14K Tweets

That's pretty impressive. That one man can get the people who are responsible for him being in any kind of power, are the ones being looked at as well as himself.

AND HE WON'T CARE! That is friggin' epic!!

I literally can't think of anyone politician wise ( Barr, Sessions, a Clinton ) who when they pass there will literally be cheering in the streets when it happens. No matter how bad that sounds. That is one truly monumental @$$hole, and you know he's proud of it.

Wow!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That section 230 thing is for one reason only: Trump is butt-hurt because his lying tweets are flagged. The House will never sign onto that baloney. Mitch still sucking up to Trump? Why?

Its not just Trump. Winning through lies is almost part of the official Republican platform now. They’ve been fussing about with the voter fraud card for a long time. Trump just put it front and center and have learned for their new base (they can keep them) that they will never believe it isn’t happening on a massive scale.

But also a lot of that base is working class. I really don’t know what McConnells strategy is here. I can’t imagine blocking more money to them is going to go over well. Even the 2 GOP idiots in the Georgia Senate runoff are now claiming to be for the $2,000. Do they really think telling the voters that they are for something their party leader will do everything in his power to block isn’t one of their biggest transparent lies?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You have to hand it to muscomitch though, he is literally America's greatest troll, given cover because a large portion of Americans voted a different @$$hole to the presidency. The man literally gives no 'F's and smiles while he shits on anyone that can provide no large financial gain. This guy is such a turdle that now America finally ( at least on Twitter ) is focused on the Kentucky that keeps this man in power.

That's pretty impressive. That one man can get the people who are responsible for him being in any kind of power, are the ones being looked at as well as himself.

AND HE WON'T CARE! That is friggin' epic!!

I literally can't think of anyone politician wise ( Barr, Sessions, a Clinton ) who when they pass there will literally be cheering in the streets when it happens. No matter how bad that sounds. That is one truly monumental @$$hole, and you know he's proud of it.

Wow!

Mitch isn't far off from Trump thinking the entire country is his household to run as he pleases. I'm just not sure which one of them detests the majority of the population more. I'm tempted to say Mitch because he's probably come into contact with more lowly average American's than Trump. He's been in the stink. Trump has just seen it on TV.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Mitch isn't far off from Trump thinking the entire country is his household to run as he pleases. I'm just not sure which one of them detests the majority of the population more. I'm tempted to say Mitch because he's probably come into contact with more lowly average American's than Trump. He's been in the stink. Trump has just seen it on TV.
Which brings us to the interesting part of the muscomitch decision process. Is Mitch that much of an @$$hole to the American people he'd risk the 2 seats in Georgia that keep in him power?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1344052986448924672/

Or is muscomitch confident enough that those two can win their contests and he can merrily stick it to the American people as well.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Which brings us to the interesting part of the muscomitch decision process. Is Mitch that much of an @$$hole to the American people he'd risk the 2 seats in Georgia that keep in him power?

Or is muscomitch confident enough that those two can win their contests and he can merrily stick it to the American people as well.
I think Republicans are still focused on the strategy of hyping up their base by making them angry at the evil liberals, while doing everything they can to suppress voting by minorities.

Such suppression efforts seem to have backfired in Georgia last time, but I don’t know if that will be the case in this run-off.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Considering how probable fraud and corruption filled his win was, that largely got ignored by the media, there's a good chance he knows something we don't.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So it looks like Trump fucked us even when he possibly wasn't trying to. Yes, he thinks Americans need/want $2,00...but in the same breath/tweet said he also wants voter fraud investigation (which can be done without legislation) and the repeal of Section 230 protecting internet companies from prosecution for the words and actions of their idiot members. So McConnell said "OK friend, let's package all those together in one bill" knowing damn well that total package won't get passed.

Do you need any more proof that our government doesn't work for us? Trump won in 2016 because of a lot less blatant anti citizen corruption taking place in government. What kind of monster is this level of pissing on the common citizen from our elected officials going to bring to power?

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Personally I’d get rid of section 230. It will mean conservative voices will be entirely blocked from social media.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Personally I’d get rid of section 230. It will mean conservative voices will be entirely blocked from social media.
It won’t just affect conservatives. Imagine the MR mods controlling the internet with the higher stakes of potential lawsuits on the line. Social media would get decimated which would probably be a good thing for mental health but a disaster for the millions of jobs and billions of dollars tied to it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a curveball. Now even Trump's ass barnacle Lindsey Graham wants a separate standalone vote on the $2,000 check once the new Congress is sworn in.

I seriously don't understand the mentality of gifting more taxpayer dollars to the super-rich who will just toss it in their treasure vault to collect dust being perfectly fine, but the thought of even just 1 couch potato receiving a check for $2,000 is reason enough to screw everybody. I don't think it could be possible to be more out of touch with the general population during this crisis.

Top Bottom
1 2