Boris Johnson resigns as Prime Minister

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
All I can think about is his great it would be if conservatives in America had their own BS threshold. Instead, sometimes ten times worse than Johnson may run again.
The fact that the GOP had TWO chances to permanently remove Trump and didn’t? It’s a condemnation of the party itself.

My impression of the situation in the UK was that nobody wanted to be in charge of the 💩-show called Brexit, so it fell to Boris. Glad to see they’ve finally had it with his antics.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It became pretty clear --finally-- even to Boris Johnson that his own ministers and so the government was done with him. Remains to be seen whether his party can manage to get him to leave office before summer's end, but the pressure for an interim solution appears to be growing by the hour already. Maybe the deputy PM is the handiest solution.

I can't remember another time when governments of the UK, USA, much of Latin America and major players in the Middle East were in such flux and in such potential conflict with either their own ministers and/or the people they supposedly serve. These guys must be in cahoots with journalists to keep us glued to the news...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
British leaders have always had weird nicknames, like "Ethelred the Unready" or "Maggie Ironpants", so this guy shall forever e known as "Half-ass Boris" for his bogus semi-resignation.

I read someplace that some had started referring to him as Boris Gone-son even before he resigned. And I think it was in the very right wing press which had staunchly supported him until most recently.

Top Bottom
1 2