California digital driver’s licenses are here

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Just set mine up. It took a bunch of tries (it kept rejecting the photos. Tip: rotate phone landscape, and watch out for glare off the license).

Thing that sucks: this does not support apple’s wallet, and the user interface is not fantastic.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Just set mine up. It took a bunch of tries (it kept rejecting the photos. Tip: rotate phone landscape, and watch out for glare off the license).

Thing that sucks: this does not support apple’s wallet, and the user interface is not fantastic.
Thanks for pointing this out. Me and my wife did it and had no issues with any of the process, of course we recently had photos changed since getting the Real ID.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
since getting the Real ID.

Doing this looks like it is going to be a nightmare for me. You would think having a CA driver's license my entire life would be good enough, but no.

A few issues for me.

I have my social security card but apparently that doesn't count for anything anymore.

I have 2 passports but both are expired so that nixes that possibility.

Birth certificate. Have to go get it from the county I was born in and here's the real kicker that I don't know if it will be an issue or not....the last name on my birth certificate doesn't match the last name I've been going by my entire life. My mom didn't marry my dad and on my birth certificate she put her last name but then for some reason soon after decided I should go by his last name which I have my entire life. That seems like it would be an issue with the DMVs "name matches exactly" on every damn thing.

Needless to say, I've been heavily procrastinating on this.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I was lucky to get my Real ID. My birth certificate is brown with age and to this day, my name is crossed out and re-typed with a different spelling. They almost didn't accept it. It would have been all kinds of fun trying to contact someone at Elmendorf AFB to request a new one.

Top Bottom
1 2