Electric Vehicles: Home charging, DC fast, standards, recommendations

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I thought the Tesla_to_J adapter locked on the Tesla side if your car is locked[?] So if they unplugged the charger it would just be the J connect (and your adapter would just be handing in the port ...)
Learning something!

So yes it does look to lock to the Tesla. The app saying the port door is closed is simply saying it was commanded closed, but doesn't mean it was closed! Adapter was still plugged into the port with the door trying to close, but adapter obviously blocking it.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Learning something!

So yes it does look to lock to the Tesla. The app saying the port door is closed is simply saying it was commanded closed, but doesn't mean it was closed! Adapter was still plugged into the port with the door trying to close, but adapter obviously blocking it.
When it is cold outside*, and the car isn't charging, the locking pin moves to make sure it doesn't get stuck. So it is possible, if someone timed it right, to take the adapter.

*not sure of the exact temp

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I guess there are assholes that will figure out a way to steal, regardless of security measures.

I've left my adapter connected several times, but in paid parking garages at like Universal, so I guess the odds are someone isn't going to take it, though I suppose they might be inclined to remove the charger.

Top Bottom
1 2