Framework

exoticspice1

Site Champ
Reaction score
has he seen their chip design or something? Because otherwise he doesn’t know a thing.
He says he met with Bruno and some of the designers and told people on twitter that they(nuvia team) know where they do be and what their target is.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He says he met with Bruno and some of the designers and told people on twitter that they(nuvia team) know where they do be and what their target is.

This reminds me of a meeting Fred Weber, former AMD CTO, and I had with a couple of folks who were looking for him to invest in something; Fred invited me along to help him evaluate. I won’t get into the details of that meeting, which occurred not too long ago, but afterward Fred and I were talking about our time together and we realized we shared a common philosophy that the best way to show that you can actually do something - the best way to show that you can make a functional product that hits its design goals - is to actually do it. Talking about it, pointing to your resumes, building slide decks and presenting schedules, is all meaningless.

When I was at AMD and wanted to convince Fred that I had an idea that would work, I would build a prototype. If it was software I’d have a working example. If it was a chip design I’d have a working simulation with timings that showed the design was feasible.

I’ve seen nothing from qualcomm that tells me they will succeed.

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
They do have ex-Apple chip designers working for them. Also, Ian Cutress formerly Aandtech is very optimistic that they will be on par with Apple by late 2023 in pref and efficiency.
Not sure how much weight I'd put on Ian Cutress' opinions, he never impressed me with his writing for AnandTech.

Top Bottom
1 2