Genius uses AI to turn off his neighbor’s loud Bluetooth speaker

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Something that probably gets overlooked in that statement is he said 9 AM. Here in the US it's perfectly acceptable to start blasting music, running power tools, and firing up leaf blowers at 8 AM because that's what God decreed in the Bible. Anybody who waits until 9 AM is lazy....or a godless savage who lives outside the US.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
It seems the neighbor can just turn the volume down to a reasonable level and it is hopefully not heard through the walls. That should prevent the gadget from engaging. Assuming it's set to a fair threshold, that seems like a good way to handle the problem. On the flip side, if the neighbor figures out what's going on, he can just play opera, bagpipes, country or something else even louder. That would be an amusing end to a silly story. :ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, lots of things here have to go just right for this to take place, namely the ability to hack into the offenders bluetooth speaker. All he's gotta do is plug into a boombox and he can Bob Marley blast that guy and all his intricate programming and hardware into next week all he wants.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It seems the neighbor can just turn the volume down to a reasonable level and it is hopefully not heard through the walls. That should prevent the gadget from engaging. Assuming it's set to a fair threshold, that seems like a good way to handle the problem. On the flip side, if the neighbor figures out what's going on, he can just play opera, bagpipes, country or something else even louder. That would be an amusing end to a silly story. :ROFLMAO:

If it's this, hell yeah.... :)

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
If it's this, hell yeah.... :)

Just because that extremely talented young lady can crush Free Bird on a set of bagpipes, doesn't mean she should. Bagpipes are the ugly-step child of the musical instrument world. They should stick some in museums and burn the rest. Save some recordings so future generations don't accidentally re-invent the wheel. These are from the same people who invented Haggis. Haggis! They are literally the same people who couldn't figure out pants and decided to just wrap a bunch of fabric around themselves, then later just made them fancy instead of admitting the error of their ways. Bagpipes are one of the most awful sounds ever invented by humans. Someday we'll live in a world where computers run the world and everyone has access to free food, clothing, education, housing and they'll never have to hear bagpipes in their entire lives. If AI ever rises up and conquers humanity, there's a better than even chance it's just to shut up those infernal pipes. You'd have a better chance of changing my vote this November than convincing me that bagpipes are a cool instrument. And I've listened to Metallica played on a harp!

For what it's worth, my paternal grandmother played the bagpipes, was 1/2 Scottish and 1/2 Irish and immigrated here in her youth. So I'm part of that crowd myself. Clan Gordon. I even have the red hair. Bagpipes! 😝😝😝

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Just because that extremely talented young lady can crush Free Bird on a set of bagpipes, doesn't mean she should.

You ought to hear her version of Crazy Train. ;)

She and another girl Mia (who plays an electric violin) actually go out on tour. If they come close to me I will be going to see them, even if it means going to a Renaissance Festival.

Top Bottom
1 2